Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
First issue is that when I enable the streamdev addon XBMC gathers the EPG and then it crashes, it'll continue to do this in a loop where XBMC starts again, tries to gather the EPG then crashes. At one point it didn't download the EPG so I went to LiveTV and tried a channel, it crashed when trying to play the channel.

A load of logs can be found here.

It seems to have some issues sorting the VNSI EPG. It feels like it trips up a few times but once it's sorted itself out VNSI seems to be working as before.

Hope this helps.
could you install gdb and xbmc-dbg, disable the video dir autoscan on start and limit the logs to problem(s) only. these logs are cluttered with all kinds of things I'm not interested in and are missing the essential things.

thanks
dushmaniac Wrote:could you install gdb and xbmc-dbg, disable the video dir autoscan on start and limit the logs to problem(s) only. these logs are cluttered with all kinds of things I'm not interested in and are missing the essential things.

thanks

I've disabled the library autoscan and here are the logs.

I cleared the TV database and disabled TV then restarted XBMC.
I then enabled the streamdev addon
Enabled TV and waited for the EPG to scan. First time scanning didn't crash XBMC.
I tried to watch a channel, a slight bit of sound was played then XBMC crashed.
It tried to restart but failed multiple times as if it was in a loop.
It managed to start then the EPG scanned and it crashed again.

Also... when using VNSI things are working fine but the current channel EPG OSD is empty and when I've pressed info a few times it's showing the info for the last programme.
after having a quick look at them:
- first ones are looking alright
- looks like there's invalid data being passed to ffmpeg. that's not something I touched (recently). could be related to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10049 ?

could you also provide a log using vnsi with the empty epg osd things while you're busy?
dushmaniac Wrote:after having a quick look at them:
- first ones are looking alright
- looks like there's invalid data being passed to ffmpeg. that's not something I touched (recently). could be related to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10049 ?

could you also provide a log using vnsi with the empty epg osd things while you're busy?

Here's the VNSI logs with some screenshots to show what is going on with the current channels EPG OSD being empty and also the info OSD showing the program that was on previously. The info thing only happens if you are watching that channel when the program changes. As you can see the counter carries on past the end of the limit for the previous programme.

Did you have a look at the channel numbering with channels appearing and disappearing with VNSI? Because there seems to be a change where channels aren't running full number order meaning the missing channels have preserved their numbers according to channels.conf but when they start broadcasting they're still added to the end of the channel list.

(just so you know, I have "Guide" on my MCE remote configured to open the current channel EPG and "DVD" (DVD Menu) to open the channel list EPG)
I'll have a look at it this evening and I'll add some more debug logging.

Someone told me about the disappearing channels on irc. Didn't have time to look into it yet (still got to buy some more christmas presents Smile)
Hi, ive just installed XBMC & VDR on Ubuntu 10.10, everything seems to work apart from LiveTV. Sometimes I may receive some stuttery audio, no picture and often crashes to desktop. Tested VDR through VLC and no problems.

Log file: http://pastebin.com/gs6Kmqzr

Radio does work, again the audio is very stuttery? Ive tried both the master ppa and Dharma.

Best Regards,
Try using vnsi instead of streamdev.
thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately it hasn't made any difference. No

Right ive just checked something, though VDR only now has the VNSI installed, XBMC was still using and receiving from streamdev. Since disabling the streamdev plugin, and enabling VNSI it no longer can play the channel?

Okay! right its now working, just needed rebooting. Thanks! Its playing pretty good but sometimes a small picture stutter.
dushmaniac!

Thanks for your hard work Smile i switched from pvr-testing2 to dharma-pvr with vdr-vnsi on Archlinux and it works great.

I was curious about master branch and i downloaded and compiled. The reason i tested this branch is i have same problem as ant_thomas: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=664...tcount=311 i wanted to see if its fixed in master. I had to switch back to dharma-pvr tested like 5 minutes. I get live tv and EPG in timeline but there is NO EPG in fullscreen, when i press the guide button and the EPG window comes up but its empty. Sad
I'll stick with dharma-pvr it looks kind of stable but not perfect it occasionally crashes but not that often its the same with the old pvr-testing2. I hope someone steps forward and help with vdr part.
master = development and possibly buggy. since I'm currently refactoring nearly every pvr code in there, it's likely to be buggy at the moment.

stay with dharma-pvr for now until I'm done.
Hi!

I'm trying to get this running on XBMC-Live Dharma. I have a TerraTec Cinergy C HD PCI card and I'm using the mantis drivers.
I got stuck when i tried scanning the channels. I get the following message:
Quote:main2273: FATAL: failed to open '/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0': 16 Device or rosource busy

I did make sure to stop the vdr service and I did try to reboot whitout the card.

Thanks Smile
type:
Code:
sudo lsof /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
it shows the processes that currently have that file opened

afaik you'll also see that error if your driver hasn't been loaded correctly (e.g. missing firmware)
I'm having a problem with both the Dharma build and the Master build on the repos not being able to play certain HD channels.

The channels that aren't working are BBC One HD and BBC HD, whereas ITV1 HD works fine. All SD channels work fine. These are all FTA channels and my VDR backend has 2 DVB-S2 cards.

I'm using a VNSI server backend. If I try and play the broken channels using the streamdev-server playlist they work without any problems.

In this case the broken channels are

"pvr://channels/tv/all/1.pvr" and
"pvr://channels/tv/all/14.pvr"

"pvr://channels/tv/all/3.pvr" is a working HD channel and "2.pvr" is an example of a working SD channels

Here's the log, interesting stuff starts are line 399

http://pastebin.com/JhWTtynL
@ant_thomas
hmm,
Code:
ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/all/1.pvr]
isn't very descriptive. could you create a ticket on trac for this issue please.

@all who used my sources or forked me:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89485
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30