Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Hello
i have vdr 1.7.10 xine1.2 running on my ubuntu minimal, works perfekt
i have a ati 3200 hd card
the problem is when i install this xbmc ppa i get no picture, but the sound works
any helpe ?
Swifty, thanks for the answer.

I was not using ppa before.

I've added in source.list repositoried and add keys to them and make apt-get update.

What now i should do?

I've tried to install dvb-s2api-liplianin - 0~2009-08-19.hg12458-1gda2 package, but without luck (with apt-get and apt-cache search).

EDIT
I have downloadec sources package dvb-s2api-liplianin-source_0~2009-08-19.hg12458-1gda2_all.deb and installed it, and:

/var/lib/dkms/dvb-s2api-liplianin/0~2009-08-19.hg12458/build/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:55: error: 'FIRMWARE_NAME_MAX' undeclared here (not in a function)
make[2]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/dvb-s2api-liplianin/0~2009-08-19.hg12458/build/v4l/tuner-xc2028.o] Error 1

So the same error when building directly from sources.

Are my problems connected with karmic eddition (and beta version of live cd) ?
jalokim;

I made a fresh install yesterday from the Live CD while doing some testing and noticed a few issues with VDR/Liplianin.

1) Live CD now seems to include TV headend which was taking control of my tuner and not allowing VDR/Scan to work.. I just removed the /etc/init.d/tvheadend file to stop it from starting.
2) Liplianin would not compile (did a simple hg clone of http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin)
To fix this I had to cd into the s2-liplianin directory and run 'sudo make menuconfig' and disable the floppy/firedtv driver and also the MicroP20 radio driver.. then it compiled ok and everything worked fine..
yeah tvheadend can be a little greedy with the tuner cards so if you are runnign live probably best to stop it running if you are trying to use vdr
Swifty Wrote:jalokim;
To fix this I had to cd into the s2-liplianin directory and run 'sudo make menuconfig' and disable the floppy/firedtv driver and also the MicroP20 radio driver.. then it compiled ok and everything worked fine..

I did it manually (in .config) file, but with no resoult.

Driver where compiled but there was no adapter0 in dev dir :/
Guys,

I was able to compile driver. I also made 'make install' but ...:

http://wklej.to/kP9x

I guess no resoult ?
'make install' completed without any errors ?

If your card is supported by liplianin then it should just work after a reboot afaik.. I haven't had to do anything else to get my Technotrend S2-3600 working.

It may help if you redo the whole process and post logs to pastebin as someone might spot where it's gone wrong.
success !Smile

root@noname:~# lsmod | grep dvb
dvb_core 90536 2 mantis,stv0299

i've installed fresh installation of live

but, this could help others - locale has to be set to en, on pl_PL the installation was not successfull.

next question: how to enable vdr in Confluence, as i cannot find proper option i settings (as written on 1st post in this topic).

thanks for help!Smile
jalokim Wrote:success !Smile
next question: how to enable vdr in Confluence, as i cannot find proper option i settings (as written on 1st post in this topic).

thanks for help!Smile

Your going to need a very recent svn version of the Unified-PVR branch of XBMC, either from one of the ppa's people have made or your going to have to compile your own.
None of this stuff is included in Camelot builds of xbmc obviously
Jezz_X Wrote:Your going to need a very recent svn version of the Unified-PVR branch of XBMC, either from one of the ppa's people have made or your going to have to compile your own.
None of this stuff is included in Camelot builds of xbmc obviously

Or you can add a video source vdp://127.0.0.1:2004
Ok, guys...

Can you explain me what i should do next? Becouse as it was written on 1 st post, i should only install from ppa's source vdr vdr-plugin-streamdev-* xbmc, and now you are saying that i should install vdr from sources?

Thanks,
M.

P.S.
I installed dvd-apps and did: scan -o vdr -a 0 /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Hotbird-13.0E > /etc/vdr/channels.conf and only few channels where found Sad
if your talking to me I'm just saying you need a recent xbmc to get confluence pvr stuff nothing about vdr at all
@jezz
so i should update xbmc delivered with live cd ?

@Schumi
i've added as u suggested source, but the resoult is "it was unable to connecto co server"

UDP scan:
Code:
Not shown: 997 closed ports
PORT     STATE         SERVICE
68/udp   open|filtered dhcpc
1900/udp open|filtered upnp
9103/udp open|filtered unknown

TCP scan:
Code:
Not shown: 995 closed ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
2001/tcp open  dc
2004/tcp open  mailbox
3000/tcp open  ppp
6000/tcp open  X11

And proceses:
Code:
root      1912  0.0  0.1   4000  1372 ?        S    01:29   0:00 /bin/bash -p /usr/sbin/runvdr -v /var/lib/video.00 -c /var/lib/vdr -L /usr/lib/vdr/plugins -r /usr/lib/vdr/vdr-recordingaction -s /usr/lib/vdr/vdr-shutdown.wrapper -E /var/cache/vdr/epg.data -u vdr -g /tmp --port 2001 --lirc -P streamdev-client -P streamdev-server --vfat -w 60
vdr       9778  2.4  3.7 134732 38612 ?        Sl   02:09   0:28 /usr/bin/vdr -v /var/lib/video.00 -c /var/lib/vdr -L /usr/lib/vdr/plugins -r /usr/lib/vdr/vdr-recordingaction -s /usr/lib/vdr/vdr-shutdown.wrapper -E /var/cache/vdr/epg.data -u vdr -g /tmp --port 2001 --lirc -P streamdev-client -P streamdev-server --vfat -w 60
root     10333  0.0  0.0   3036   768 pts/0    R+   02:28   0:00 grep vdr

So vdr is running and opening the port, but ... ?
jalokim Wrote:@jezz
so i should update xbmc delivered with live cd ?

If you want all the pretty live tv stuff yeah you should. because the main xbmc (Camelot) comes from the svn trunk and has no tv stuff aside from a file list in it. You need the Unified-pvr2 branch of xbmc to use all the pretty live tv stuff properly
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30