Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
ronnylov Wrote:Is it possible to install plugins that is not available in the ppa?

vdr-plugin-live does nearly the same as vdradmin-am. But you can ask here [1] if somebody of the team behind the PPA is willing to add the plugin to the PPA (exception is all s o f t c a m related stuff which will never be added to the PPA for several reasons).

You can try to use a precompiled plugin from a different repository, but if the ABI version is different (and that is often the case if the VDR core package is of a different version), it will not work. But it's not complicated to compile a source package yourself.

A list of some VDR related repositories and their contents can be found here [2].

Cheers,
hepi

[1] http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.ph...adid=90202
[2] http://www.henningpingel.de/vdrstuff/vdr...e_tracker/
Thank You hepi. The vdr-plugin-live seems to do what I want, schedule recordings through a web interface. I will try this plugin.
Updated the first post to include channel scanning instructions and Freesat EPG plugin.
Will this work with WinTV-HVR-950Q ? What version of XBMC is in ppa ?

Is their any channel list for Dish Network USA ? What does DVB-S and DVB-T mean ?
I have installed this build just out of interest as I use mythtv as a daily pvr.

The install and setup went fine however when i watch live tv the video is jerky and speeds up and slows down, however if i watch a show recorded with vdr the play back is fine.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Also does the timeshifting work at the moment?
CrashX: Yes it will work as long as that card is supported under Linux - depends what kernel you are using, the official word from Hauppauge is; Linux support for the WinTV-HVR-900 series will be in the upcoming kernel 2.6.26 release.
Not sure about Dish Network, DVB-S and DVB-T are standards of transmission used in Europe (afaik) DVB-S is satellite and DVB-T is digital (aerial) based.

Dubstar: I have not encountered that error before.. do you have VDR running on a seperate machine or on the same one, can you let us know specs for your hardware and what networking equipment you are using.
I don't use timeshifting as it was still a little unstable last time I tried, but I believe this has been worked on again recently..
Swifty Wrote:Dubstar: I have not encountered that error before.. do you have VDR running on a seperate machine or on the same one, can you let us know specs for your hardware and what networking equipment you are using.
I don't use timeshifting as it was still a little unstable last time I tried, but I believe this has been worked on again recently..

XBMC and VDR on the same machine.

The machine is a Asus M4A78 Pro motherboard with onboard NVIDIA GeForce 8300 video over hdmi, not running VDPAU. AMD 6600+ AM2 CPU and 2GB ram.

The machine is very capable and the cpu loading is always low while watching live TV.

I would be more than happy to provide any logs or testing to help find the cause.

Thanks,

Dubstar_04
Dubstar, you can try enabling XBMC debug logging (in Setttings | System) and reproduce the error then put the resulting xbmc.log on http://pastebin.org
Maybe we can see something in the logs that will help to see what your problem is..
Hi,

This is my first post here. In the very beggining i want to appologise for my poor english. I have problem. I know nothing about compilation but i need this plugin: vdr-plugin-sc (I do not understand why it is illegal - i pay for subscryption and i want to wach on my PC). I have 4 DBV-S FF cards. I installed vdr from vdr-team ppa I made this steps:

Code:
1. apt-get install build-essential vdr-dev dpatch libssl-dev fakeroot mercurial cdbs libbz2-dev
2. dpkg-source -x vdr-plugin-sc_0.9~1hg.dsc
3. cd vdr-plugin-sc-0.9~1hg
4. fakeroot ./debian/rules update
5. dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -sa

but during compillatoon i have this error

Code:
FAILED COMPARISON OF PACKET      29995
FAILED COMPARISON OF PACKET      29996
FAILED COMPARISON OF PACKET      29997
FAILED COMPARISON OF PACKET      29998
FAILED COMPARISON OF PACKET      29999
make[2]: *** [FFdecsa_test.done] Error 10
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-plugin-sc-0.9~1hg/build/FFdecsa'
make[1]: *** [FFdecsa/FFdecsa.o] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-plugin-sc-0.9~1hg'
make: *** [common-build-arch] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build error 2

I have polish distro and have to translated error to english hope it it enough.

Anybody can help ?

mike
Hi,

Can't really help with that one as I have no experience of that plugin and it's a little outside the scope of this guide.
You will probably have better luck posting at vdr-portal.de
Thanks for the quick reply.

log is here: http://pastebin.org/62760
Swifty Wrote:Hi,

Can't really help with that one as I have no experience of that plugin and it's a little outside the scope of this guide.
You will probably have better luck posting at vdr-portal.de

Thanks for your replay. I think it is problem with sc from hg repository. I compiled last stable version 0.9.3 with 1.6.0 from keramic repository without any problem. it is working but not so good as earlier versions. Compiling with vdr 1.7.10 from vdr team ppa repo is possible but plug dont start and reports error serious differences beetwen binaries so i still do not have vdr + xbmc pvr.
Maby someone write short tutos about patching and compiling stable version of vdr.

mike
You could always use the mirak ppa. He has 1.7.6 and vdr-plugin-opensc in his ppa ad it works out of the box...
dubstar04: Is that your whole log file ? It seems to finish _just_ after the TV playback begins.
One thing you could try.. are you using PulseAudio ?
I ran into problems with juddering playback - video would play very slow and then very fast to 'catch up' I pinned this down to PulseAudio problems on my machine, once I removed Pulse my video playback problems disappeared.
This was with all videos in my case and not tied to just TV playback.. but could be worth a look?
msmazur Wrote:but during compillatoon i have this error

Code:
FAILED COMPARISON OF PACKET      29995
FAILED COMPARISON OF PACKET      29996
FAILED COMPARISON OF PACKET      29997
FAILED COMPARISON OF PACKET      29998
FAILED COMPARISON OF PACKET      29999
make[2]: *** [FFdecsa_test.done] Error 10
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-plugin-sc-0.9~1hg/build/FFdecsa'
make[1]: *** [FFdecsa/FFdecsa.o] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-plugin-sc-0.9~1hg'
make: *** [common-build-arch] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build error 2

I have polish distro and have to translated error to english hope it it enough.

Anybody can help ?

mike

Hi,
try to change one Makefile line
from CSAFLAGS ?= -Wall -fPIC -g -O3 -mmmx -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations -funroll-loops
to CSAFLAGS ?= -Wall -fPIC -g -mmmx -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations -funroll-loops
This should help.

Pozdro z Polski Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30