Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Updated zip with with newatvuser's fix. Thx!

http://www.mediafire.com/?y1sj4cbuqzw7jz2
(2012-10-01, 02:57)shaggy996 Wrote: [ -> ]Im having a strange problem and did not see anything about it in the thread anywhere. The addon opens and plays a song perfectly. But it wont start another song without me doing something on the system, anything. it will sit quiet until I press a button and then it will start the next song.

Im on a rasberry pi running openelec on it if that makes a difference.

Any help is appreciated, its rather annoying.

I've got the exact same problem running under ubuntu.
Doesn't seem to be working with latest Frodo build either.. Alpha 7
sigh, same here. pandora plays one song and won't play a second. sometimes it just quit on play back to menu, and sometimes it stays within app.
(2012-10-09, 03:19)froz Wrote: [ -> ]sigh, same here. pandora plays one song and won't play a second. sometimes it just quit on play back to menu, and sometimes it stays within app.

+1 Confused
-1. Sleepy
on Windows 7, it'll play a bunch of songs, but I think whenever it goes to do a commercial it doesn't start back up
(2012-10-09, 17:45)AutoJunkie95 Wrote: [ -> ]on Windows 7, it'll play a bunch of songs, but I think whenever it goes to do a commercial it doesn't start back up

Not true. it just takes maybe 60 seconds to start back again. unfortunately have to wait for too long before the next song
Honestly I've never waited that long lol....that link brings me back to the download link which is the one I downloaded on 10/9/12....has there been an update?
The thing is, without proper version information, when you install the new zip, XBMC will probably install the old zip file in the packages folder. So for these unofficial updates, uninstall the current version, go to packages folder and delete the pandora zip file/s. Then install the new zip.
(2012-10-07, 20:44)Dixon Butz Wrote: [ -> ]Updated zip with with newatvuser's fix. Thx!

http://www.mediafire.com/?y1sj4cbuqzw7jz2

I installed this fixed version and it didn't fix my problems. Windows install. Pandora plays 1 or 2 songs and goes back to the home screen. Restarting it gives the same result.

I am a Pandora subscriber, so I don't think this has anything to do with commercials, but I could be wrong ;-)

As a work around, since I'm a subscriber, I have the desktop widget. I've been using Advanced Launcher to start the widget from XBMC. I've programmed one of my remote buttons to send alt+F4 which closes the hot window. That takes me back to XBMC.

The widget doesn't get any visualization, or have any of the eye candy of XBMC. I'd really love to have the Pandora Addon working. I understand the issue probably is due to some changes from Pandora.

Dave
(2012-10-05, 23:53)newatv2user Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing major. It seems the file url may not have pandora in it any more.

So change pandaplayer.py:
Code:
def onPlayBackStarted( self ):
        print "PANDORA: onPlayBackStarted: %s" %self.getPlayingFile()
        if self.panda.playing:
            if not "pandora.com" in self.getPlayingFile():
                self.panda.playing = False
                self.panda.quit()
            else:
                #Show Visualization (disappears after each song...)
                xbmc.executebuiltin( "ActivateWindow( 12006 )" )
to this:
Code:
        if self.panda.playing:

I've tried this myself and I keep getting "add-on has incorrect structure" What am I doing wrong? Is this suppose to still work anyway?
You could try the zip on post 1546 and also read post 1556.
(2012-10-13, 17:14)johnalanmichael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-05, 23:53)newatv2user Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing major. It seems the file url may not have pandora in it any more.

So change pandaplayer.py:
Code:
        if self.panda.playing:
            if not "pandora.com" in self.getPlayingFile():
                self.panda.playing = False
                self.panda.quit()
            else:
to this:
Code:
        if self.panda.playing:

I've tried this myself and I keep getting "add-on has incorrect structure" What am I doing wrong? Is this suppose to still work anyway?

Make sure your indentations are correct, Python can be picky about that.