Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: librtmp - Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-09-19, 10:54)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-19, 10:36)anmoura Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-18, 03:30)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Just to let folks know, I am going to make Android, MacOS, & ATV versions of the latest librtmp. I just got busy and was only able to churn out the other versions.

What folder is for download librtm for Android? (nexus7)
i only see IOS, MAC Rasp........ and de folders are empty...Sad

Just finished it now.

Thanks!!! I already download it, but after i copy it to the right folder and change permissions do rwe, when i run xbmc.. it blows Sad... what should i do?
Hi Redpinguin and thanks.
Where can i found librtmp.so file?
Only i saw librtmp.so.0.
Thanks
(2013-09-19, 11:45)patria o muerte Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Redpinguin and thanks.
Only i saw librtmp.so.0.
Thanks

it is that file ... you have to rename it....
Redpinguin... the file only have 400 k... its ok?
(2013-09-19, 11:49)anmoura Wrote: [ -> ]
Only i saw librtmp.so.0.
Thanks

I am looking at it again, I think I know what is going on.

EDIT: I looked at the steps I did again and everything should be perfectly normal with the file.
(2013-09-19, 12:25)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-19, 11:49)anmoura Wrote: [ -> ]
Only i saw librtmp.so.0.
Thanks

I am looking at it again, I think I know what is going on.

EDIT: I looked at the steps I did again and everything should be perfectly normal with the file.

I dont know....
I have a nexus7 (2013) with last android and with root permission.
I try to uninstall xbmc and after thar a install the xbmc that you have in share... and it didnĀ“t work... than a replace the librtmp, add permissions, and still not working...
after that i uninstall the xbmc and reinstall with original instalation file from xbmc site and it works... but i cant upgrade de librtm... a need to do it cause the streaming tv have lags....
what did i do wrong?....

Thanks
Hello,

I can copy the new LIBRTMP.so but every time I reboot device it goes back to old file. I tried installing one of the custom APK's but when XBMC opens it closes right away. Is there something i'm doing wrong?

I'm using this box:

http://www.amazon.com/G-Box-Midnight-MX2...2+midnight

Thank you in advance
redpenguin

I just want to let you know that after installing the your latest librtmp for ios on my apple tv and ipad the HD streams stutter a lot and are not smooth. I tried it on many hd channels and all the streams with hd stutter and not smooth. The sd ones work fine. I don;t know if it something to do with this build of librtmp but the previous one was working fine with HD streams. Can you please look into it. Thanks.
(2013-09-21, 00:46)binder420 Wrote: [ -> ]redpenguin

I just want to let you know that after installing the your latest librtmp for ios on my apple tv and ipad the HD streams stutter a lot and are not smooth. I tried it on many hd channels and all the streams with hd stutter and not smooth. The sd ones work fine. I don;t know if it something to do with this build of librtmp but the previous one was working fine with HD streams. Can you please look into it. Thanks.

I am not sure why you would experience this issue as both files are identical except yycast support added.
(2013-09-21, 01:07)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-21, 00:46)binder420 Wrote: [ -> ]redpenguin

I am not sure why you would experience this issue as both files are identical except yycast support added.

I don't know either but the hd stream does stutter, but with the old one it works fine
Well what I will do just to double check this is, recompile a new file and see if that works.

EDIT: In the testing folder, I put a freshly compiled file. If that fails, it's past my abilities and you will have to contact someone such as KSV or svnpenn who have way more experience with this, then myself, as I am not a programmer, scripter yes, but not a programmer.
Red penguin can you try to answer my question please

Thank you
(2013-09-21, 05:55)nelsonletra Wrote: [ -> ]Red penguin can you try to answer my question please

Thank you

Well I am looking in to it, but I don't have an Android device myself, so I can't even test this if I wanted to.

I have to wait until I get access to my buddy's Nexus 7.

Unless there are any volunteers with Android that can help out.

I am not doing anything differently to the files that did not work on Android 4.2 Nexus 7 before, so not sure why so many are having issues.
i am using g box mx2 running linux build so whic librtmp file shall i use to update ?
(2013-09-23, 03:02)furiqb Wrote: [ -> ]i am using g box mx2 running linux build so whic librtmp file shall i use to update ?

Hi There, I too have a gbox that has linux xbmc on it. It boots right up to xbmc, so I am not sure what file to use, as well as where to I put it? Any help would be great. Thanks
Just to let folks know, I am going to take the newer XBMC for Android with Hardware Acell, that's on the homepage and put in my librtmp.

I will be testing it on my buddy's 4.3 Nexus 7 v1.

I am hoping that this will fix the issues by various Android folks.

I just got overwhelmed by how many folks need Android librtmp support.

EDIT: Just to let folks know, a mistake was made in compiling the Android version, so please download a fresh copy, and your XBMC should no longer crash.