Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: librtmp - Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-03-24, 21:56)fightnight Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's talking about compile the whole xbmc with the new librtmp.

Well I'm creating an addon module to use this external librtmp and avoid the original lib. This allows the rtmp streaming without replacing this file.

That would be interesting, i suppose you would need to override the rule in xbmc setting to use your addon when rtmp is playing?
Do share how you get on with it.
(2014-03-23, 19:39)Shani-08 Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see its not crashing.
There is an addon under my repo (jagobd.com), some bangladeshi streams, so perhaps you wont understand a thing Smile but most of it channels requires new rtmp file.
try that and see if videos playing for you.
You can get my repo from fusion, look in /world/Pakistani

Hi! Whats the name of this repo ?
There are only two repos there, one is strategically named as shani. Smile
(2014-03-24, 09:39)Shani-08 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, for that I did this both for frodo and Gotham.
Start with Gotham, Get the 2.3 code, apply ksv and your personal changes. Now apply Apply couple of changes manually, which exists rtmp.c file where they are checking specific website, copy that from xbmc into your new code and that's it.

I did my best to compare and it seems to me that they either had same patches or less hence no point in apply patches in the xbmc code.
I did this for Gotham and then used the same Gotham code for frodo.
Simples!!

I might be missing the forest through the trees, but I am not 100% understanding how you did it so easily.

I took the 2.3 code that came with Gotham and went with applying KSV's patches and looked at what was in the .rej files and mostly everything went smooth.

Yet when it comes to rtmp.c, some of the .rej stuff isn't looking close to the original rtmp.c. Like I will look for a section of code to put in failed stuff and the lines the patch is looking for will not even be there or will be fairly different.
Ah.... Take 2.3 original from that svn (which ksv thread points to) not Gotham as they have done many changes. Like I said the only thing I did was copy few lines for couple of website that required special treatments and we're not the ksv or original rtmp.
I feel you are 2 min away from getting it Smile
I tried to play some channels that require new librmpt from red penquin's list with the librmpt you have provided as Shani but they are not playing, i do not know if there is something wrong with red penquin's list or is a problem of the librmpt
Beware that i don't have RP patches so it could be that. Did my plugin worked that I mention in previous post. If so then the lib is ok. You would want to wait for RP for having final librtmp. It's not far by the look of it.
Your plugin worked flawlessly Shani Smile. Only problem for me is that librmtp is replaced on startup. I tried to add a modified xbmc app under data/app or resigning the apk but with no results
@shani ur inbox is full..can u plz empty ur inbox
YaY!

I finally got it all working perfectly with XBMC Gotham.

It was so simple, I simply got the latest RTMPDump 2.4 (I think Shani-08 you meant 2.4 in your previous post), renamed the folder to the arm-linux.... that XBMC uses, applied the normal KSV patch, and edited the Makefile XBMC uses because it errored out saying librtmp.so.0 didn't exist because the compilation for some reason makes librtmp.so.1 anymore with compiling.

It didn't crash XBMC and plays a mips.tv stream (KSV's patch) but I don't actually have any working redirect streams off hand to test since ilive.to stopped using them.

I am going to place my APK on MediaFire so folks can give it a true test.

All folks need to do is uninstall the official APK and install mine on top and all your settings will be there. You do not need root access.
(2014-03-28, 09:07)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]YaY!

It was so simple, I simply got the latest RTMPDump 2.4 (I think Shani-08 you meant 2.4 in your previous post), renamed the folder to the arm-linux.... that XBMC uses, applied the normal KSV patch, and edited the Makefile XBMC uses because it errored out saying librtmp.so.0 didn't exist because the compilation for some reason makes librtmp.so.1 anymore with compiling.

It didn't crash XBMC and plays a mips.tv stream (KSV's patch) but I don't actually have any working redirect streams off hand to test since ilive.to stopped using them.

Great job RedPenguim, are you going to upload the new changes on your link?
(2014-03-28, 09:09)kokoui Wrote: [ -> ]

Great job RedPenguim, are you going to upload the new changes on your link?

thanks.

Yes I will upload both the librtmp.so.0 for any folks who want to use it in their own APK's or similar and APKs for folks who just want to "Plug & Play".

All folks need to do is uninstall the official APK and install mine on top and all your settings will be there. You do not need root access.

Fantastic. Yes 2.4. There were some changes in make file for Frodo as it didn't know the lib file location or something but nothing that you cannot fix.
It seems like my job here is done, I like these kind of projects which ends quickly and ends well Smile
Thanks again for supporting Android users.
(2014-03-28, 10:03)Shani-08 Wrote: [ -> ]

Fantastic. Yes 2.4. There were some changes in make file for Frodo as it didn't know the lib file location or something but nothing that you cannot fix.
It seems like my job here is done, I like these kind of projects which ends quickly and ends well Smile

No problem. I'm so glad that I can support them again. Was hard to tell so many folks asking for files for Android that I was not able to pinpoint the exact problem. Also I don't have an Android device myself, so it makes it fun.
(2014-03-28, 10:07)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-28, 10:03)Shani-08 Wrote: [ -> ]

No problem. I'm so glad that I can support them again. Was hard to tell so many folks asking for files for Android that I was not able to pinpoint the exact problem. Also I don't have an Android device myself, so it makes it fun.

Red Penguin are you going to do one for Frodo as well please?