Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: librtmp - Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As always already done
(2014-03-18, 16:21)Shani-08 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Sagheer, found a problem with the Patched so, need to regenerate it again. stay tuned.

Thanks for your great help. I tried both on my minix , original and patched but both crashed xbmc( beyond xbmc 12.4.1). Can i send you the original file and try to apply the patches if it is possible?
I have now Frodo compiled binary for libRtmp.
Please get it from here http://ge.tt/8lt0oFR1
Let me know if it works with Frodo on Android.
Sorry can't test it myself.
I tried and unfortunately both files crashed xbmc
(2014-03-19, 01:46)Shani-08 Wrote: [ -> ]I have now Frodo compiled binary for libRtmp.
Please get it from here http://ge.tt/8lt0oFR1
Let me know if it works with Frodo on Android.
Sorry can't test it myself.
I tried on Frodo 12.3 and unfortunately both files crashed xbmc.
keep up bro Wink
I have now updated to version 3, this all without looking into the log or why its crashing, so sorry about that,as i am away from home and don't have access to Android.
The original code library should work but apart from one person you guys are seeing the crash, are you guys settings the rights to 755? also set owner and group to system.
Please try again the original and v3. download the file again.
if this fails then i will check on monday with testing it myself.
http://ge.tt/8lt0oFR1
Unfortunately it crashed again, my version of xbmc is 12.4.1. I would like to thanks you for your effort so far, do you want me to sent you my original librmtp in case it is different from frodo?
XBMC 12.4.1HuhHuh Please double check your XBMC version.
He is using costum XBMC so he will not be able to use shani's librtmp.so file bvoz he made this file for stock XBMC 12.3 if I am not wrong

(2014-03-19, 20:45)sunnyhero Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC 12.4.1HuhHuh Please double check your XBMC version.
Shani-08, are you using Windows, Linux, or what to actually do your Android compiling?

I got every other OS already on my Mediafire for anybody who needs them, but I was curious your Dev Environment, so that I can try and get everything all working myself.

I have access to both Win and Lin so either is no issue for me.
Hi RedPenguin,
I have windows machine with Ubuntu as virtual box. I am only doing this for Android, for everything else i use your binaries which are great.

I am currently off station so bit busy, but many thanks to all the guys to testing it out.
-Shani
Thanks Shani-08 for the librtmp.so compiled for android. I think I managed to update it for my not rooted tablet, but I'm not sure. This is what I did:
-Compile XBMC Gotham for android like always.
-Replace the librtmp.so that exists in the prefix folder (the one used at the configure step) with the one witch patches from the zip file.
-chmod 755 librtmp.so
-make apk.

With this I can see the apk contains a new librtmp.so in the lib/armeabi-v7a and I'm watching some Livestream channels without problem. Is there a way to know if I am indeed using the updated librtmp.so? Xbmc log didnt help.
Very good Ono, we know that Gotham one works fine so apk should work too , but good job indeed. The lib version would be 2.4 if I remember correctly. Not sure of you enable debug will you get version in the log.
One of the simplest test would be to open a redirected stream. Also, I remember that it would log all the packets (I need to turn it off but it was in the original code).
i see 3-17-14 in repo can you make it for raspberry pi

please
I think this is the reason of crash,
"Additionally, Android does not use versioned solibs. libfoo.so.1 which is
typical on linux would not be found by the loader. This means that we must
strip the SONAME and NEEDED values out of the libs as well as changing the
filenames themselves. The cleaner solution would be to patch libtool/cmake/etc
to not add versioning in the first place. For now, we use the brute-force
approach of modifying the binary and blanking out the versions."

For Frodo, i renamed the .so.0 file, while the make was stripping it and copying destination directory, i have now uploaded v4. This should stop frodo crash.