Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it does.
And About video quality? Compared with himedia if possible.
Only have WMC7, Shield ATV and X6.

Sorry
I also suggested these additions and changes:

These are the actual USA refresh rates
Commonly referred to as 30Hz and 60Hz.

To insure stutter free playback these refresh rates should be used instead of 30 Hz and 60Hz:

USA Frame refresh rates
720p 59.94Hz
1080i 29.97Hz
1080p 59.94Hz
Blu-ray 23.976Hz

Als0 these selection should be made available under video selections.
They are very useful for proper setup and may vary from system to system.
Some systems may need to differ from ideal in a Home Theater System.
This will allow user to tweak for Best result.

Color Format
YCbCr 4:4:4
YCbCr 4:2:2
RGB Studio (Limited RGB)
RGB PC Standard ( Full RGB)

Thanks
Rew
(2015-10-11, 17:45)Rew452 Wrote: [ -> ]I also suggested these additions and changes:

These are the actual USA refresh rates
Commonly referred to as 30Hz and 60Hz.

To insure stutter free playback these refresh rates should be used instead of 30 Hz and 60Hz:

USA Frame refresh rates
720p 59.94Hz
1080i 29.97Hz
1080p 59.94Hz
Blu-ray 23.976Hz

Als0 these selection should be made available under video selections.
They are very useful for proper setup and may vary from system to system.
Some systems may need to differ from ideal in a Home Theater System.
This will allow user to tweak for Best result.

Color Format
YCbCr 4:4:4
YCbCr 4:2:2
RGB Studio (Limited RGB)
RGB PC Standard ( Full RGB)

Thanks
Rew
RGB Studio (Limited RGB) would be great. DVDs and Blu-Rays are encoded in studio level (16 – 235, limited). every android box i've tried crushes blacks badly and blooms the whites because they output RGB Full ( 0-255).

you can really see the difference when playing same video file on ps3/ps4 versus android box. ps3/ps4 has RGB limited setting, which 99 percent of tv's display. on android box deep blacks and whites have no detail but ps3 / ps4 displays detail. turning up brightness helps but washes the picture out

RGB Full ( 0-255) is for computer monitors, phones, tablets etc. KODI for windows has (16-235) limited in video options. it would be nice for android to.

maybe it is not possible for android box to do this though
(2015-10-11, 23:08)theo point-o Wrote: [ -> ]every android box i've tried crushes blacks badly and blooms the whites because they output RGB Full ( 0-255).
Can you name one Android box that outputs RGB Full? The boxes that I have tested are either RGB Limited (Amazon Fire TVs, Google Nexus Player, nVIDIA SATV (has dual output: 1080p is 8-bit RGB Limited, 4K 50/60 is 10-bit YCbCr) or YCbCr (all Amlogic).
On my Nvidia ATV it outputs RGB, been that way since I installed at it's release.
(2015-10-12, 01:44)Rew452 Wrote: [ -> ]On my Nvidia ATV it outputs RGB, been that way since I installed at it's release.
I was asking about the Android TV box that outputs RGB Full by default. As I have mentioned in the previous post and on nVIDIA forums, SATV outputs both RGB Limited and YCbCr based on the resolution. It is 8-bit RGB Limited for all 1080p resolutions and 4K 23.976Hz, 10-bit YCbCr for 4K 50/60Hz. This is on OTA 2.0. I never looked into it on previous firmwares. It does make sense because Netflix 4K is 10-bit HEVC with Rec. 2020 colorspace. This is not possible with RGB 4K 50/60Hz.
(2015-10-11, 23:08)theo point-o Wrote: [ -> ]RGB Studio (Limited RGB) would be great. DVDs and Blu-Rays are encoded in studio level (16 – 235, limited). every android box i've tried crushes blacks badly and blooms the whites because they output RGB Full ( 0-255).

you can really see the difference when playing same video file on ps3/ps4 versus android box. ps3/ps4 has RGB limited setting, which 99 percent of tv's display. on android box deep blacks and whites have no detail but ps3 / ps4 displays detail. turning up brightness helps but washes the picture out

RGB Full ( 0-255) is for computer monitors, phones, tablets etc. KODI for windows has (16-235) limited in video options. it would be nice for android to.
A important point to note is that DVDs and Blu-rays are 4:2:0 encoded as YCbCr using levels 16-235. Turning them into 16-235 RGB is less than ideal because the display has to expand that to 0-255 RGB. This conversion is prone to banding. You're better off sending YCbCr to the display and letting it convert it to 0-255 RGB in one step avoiding the banding or having the the box output 0-255 RGB so the display doesn't have to expand it. AFAIK, Android boxes are just like PCs in this regard. They work in RGB color, so working in RGB and then converting to YCbCr is not a great idea either.

Your best bet is to expand the video levels to 0-255 when color converting to RGB from YCbCr because the floating point math gives you extra bits to play with and minimizes banding potential.
(2015-10-12, 07:30)Stereodude Wrote: [ -> ]You're better off sending YCbCr to the display and letting it convert it to 0-255 RGB in one step avoiding the banding or having the the box output 0-255 RGB so the display doesn't have to expand it.
Your best bet is to expand the video levels to 0-255 when color converting to RGB from YCbCr because the floating point math gives you extra bits to play with and minimizes banding potential.
Sending it as 0-255 will result in black crush for standard video.

It is indeed expanded to 0-255 during conversion. It is then output as RGB 16-235 or YCbCr.
Hello, I just got my x6. No available OTA yet. I started to test in my low level, but seems everithing works fine. 4K vids, streams, app install and so on. I love this little box Smile
From Zidoo Tech Support in Zidoo forum

Quote:The first update will fix some basic bug.
the new function 3D FP/23.976 etc will cost one week work, we are working on it.
(2015-10-10, 17:11)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-10, 16:44)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-10, 15:01)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]What's the best way to shut the box down using a harmony remote. To power down you have to press power then select an option.

What harmony are you using?

A harmony 900, do I need to create a sequence to shutdown ?

If you just press the power button its not going to shutdown

long pressing the power key powers it off on my Harmony Remote Touch.
(2015-10-12, 11:58)Worlon Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I just got my x6. No available OTA yet. I started to test in my low level, but seems everithing works fine. 4K vids, streams, app install and so on. I love this little box Smile

(2015-10-12, 12:05)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]From Zidoo Tech Support in Zidoo forum

Quote:The first update will fix some basic bug.
the new function 3D FP/23.976 etc will cost one week work, we are working on it.

GREAT news Rofl
Mine arrive today so I will enjoy it tooooo
(2015-10-12, 12:10)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-10, 17:11)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-10, 16:44)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]What harmony are you using?

A harmony 900, do I need to create a sequence to shutdown ?

If you just press the power button its not going to shutdown

long pressing the power key powers it off on my Harmony Remote Touch.

So does it shutdown automatically when you press the power button on your harmony? Or do you manually shut the box off then turn everything else off?