Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Untick the “show weather information" in the skin settings home window section.
(2022-07-19, 17:47)stevieland58 Wrote: [ -> ]Untick the “show weather information" in the skin settings home window section.

That removes weather info from the home screen entirely
Oh didums.
I'm not going to spend time on it myself, but if someone submits a pull request - such that the ID remains displayed by default, but users can use a setting to turn it off - I'd accept it.

(Even if you don't know Python/xml, that's about as easy as PR gets, and happy to help with advice if you get stuck - hardest part would be the mechanics of git and PRs if you haven't done those before!).
Thanks again @bossanova808 for a great addon..!

Recently upgraded all my kodi installs to matrix and I'm very happy to be getting weather again. Smile

All issues of taste aside - I use the Estuary skin... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm having an issue with weather not showing when pressing "i" during playback. I do like the change away from pause for the same reasons you have mentioned previously.

I use mostly osmc on raspberry pi with multiple user profiles and a mySQL (MariaDB) database backend. I don't think my environment is causing my issue. I have all the dependencies mentioned on the add-on page installed (pytz, requests and urllib3). The same issue also occurs whether using the master user or another profile, which indicates it probably isn't a profile issue.

The addon is working on the weather page, just not during playback. I have confirmed your patcher did it's magic with VideoFullScreen.xml and MyWeather.xml (I temporarily granted write permissions to the relevant directory).

Here's a debug log snippet with me hitting "i" a couple of times followed by "x": waxasoyuju.kodi (paste)

Did team-kodi change something since it was last confirmed working?
Perhaps @DavidFW1960 can confirm it still works for him?
Does DialogFullScreenInfo.xml need patching perhaps?

Any insight you or others can provide as to what might be going on would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ben
Yep so (always) need a full debug log.  Snippets are invariably useless.

Have just tested it here with Kodi Matrix and the latest everything, and it's working fine for me...so would definitely need a full log.  The file in question for this is VideoFullScreen.xml, so in theory if that did patch ok, it should work....
(2022-10-17, 06:19)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep so (always) need a full debug log.  Snippets are invariably useless.
I'll get that together.

I should mention that, as part of a profile bugfix, I run an autoexec.py with:

python:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('ReloadSkin()')

I also typically log in the master profile and back out again before logging into other profiles. All profiles have the aforementioned autoexec.py script.

Could any of that potentially be of issue?
Shouldn't be an issue - even if it reloads the skin, as long as its reloading the patched files, things should be ok.

But...I suspect that profile fix is no longer needed.  I used it to, awhile back, but I think they fixed whatever it was that needed it (missing fonts, maybe?  Lost in time for me...)
There's still a problem with first logged on profile, with some skin labels missing. If it does indeed still execute autoexec.py, it is certainly now very quick - I don't notice the refresh like I once did... I might look into that...

Here is a dump of a full debug log. It's redacted as best I could, including keyboard scan codes of profile passwords, etc. I also deleted some lines regarding caching thumbnails, plus I reset geolocation coordinates to Melbourne and removed station metadata. Regarding the problem, I had a keen look for a root cause but couldn't see anything obvious. Hopefully your eye might be more discerning.
Matrix does not use autoexec.py - this is the new method - https://kodi.wiki/view/Autoexec_Service - But I see no issues with missing fonts on any of the 7 odd Kodi instances I use (across Corelecs, Windows, etc). 

I don't see any issues in there.  Actaully, a thought - what happens if you hit 'm' for menu, rather than i?
Insightful on both counts...! You are certainly catching me up...

It would seem "m" is for magic. That indeed works.

Was it always "m" for menu...? Did I have "i" for info wrong? What's going on here? Huh
(2022-10-17, 11:32)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]....But I see no issues with missing fonts on any of the 7 odd Kodi instances I use (across Corelecs, Windows, etc).
IIRC, the missing labels bug only occurs when the login screen is enabled (auto login disabled). I still get the issue on first login. You can see it in the Movies tab in Estuary at least, with missing labels being "Unwatched movies" and "Random movies". Another is the Event Log button in Settings, or the Main menu items in Configure skin...

The solution still appears to be to login to the master profile proper, then log back out, followed by logging into another profile. If you log straight into any other profile, some customisations are overwritten by the master profile, e.g. Main menu items. I used System.Logoff in autoexec.py in the master profile for a while but it became problematic when I needed to actually login and use the master profile.

The ReloadSkin() is probably redundant. It's not working for me using service.autoexec anyway... Looks like maybe OSMC chicanery, as I'm getting "Suppressing skin reload as the walkthrough is running"... A time.sleep() might help.

Hopefully all this gets sorted one day...
Ok, I do use the login screen - will let you take that up elsewhere, anyway.

The 'm' is indeed for menu and has been that way for a long time.  'i' for info.  I realised I test on Windows and there I use the mouse to focus Kodi, and when you move that it actually brings up the menu, rather than the info (at least in Estuary).  To be honest the idea is to have a nice clean pause, but also some method to bring up the weather/radar if you want to (noting that while you're watching, it's only showing the last retrieved data before you started playback, I'm pretty sure Kodi does not update the weather during playback).   In Confluence, I and M result in very similar things (identical really except for M has a bottom line of controls) - and the weather comes up for both.

As long as by default the pause stays clean, I'm happy to look at anyone's changes for that behaviour in Estuary (e.g. to make it behave more like Confluence, and bring up the weather for both M and I)...should anyone care to submit those changes.
Thanks again @bossanova808 for the great add-on and for taking the time to look at my issue.

Regarding menu and info, I'm happy with how it's presently implemented. Pressing "m" is also analogous to pressing Enter, at least in Estuary.

The two actions have quite different presentations in Estuary. Having weather up in info would be quite crowded whereas in menu it still leaves quite a bit of background through.

I too like the clean pause. Very happy about that change.

It might pay to update the wiki entry (with the info / menu distinction) at the following:

1.1 ... Mini weather when you pause video & display video information etc. if you want (Confluence/Estuary only currently).
1.3 ... With Confluence and Estuary you get the added bonus of some weather info during playback when you show the video info. Looks like this: (+ screenshot?)

Anyway, thanks again..!
Done, but churlishly let me point out Wiki = community editable...feel free to get in there and improve things!