Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New .py file works. Thanks, you're the boss(anova). Big Grin
Updated the weatherzone.py file as per reco's on the previous page and then updated all my OzWeather addons across Kodi on both Windows and Android.  All are now working.

Thanks for the fix.
Thanks for all the feedback folks, good to hear it is working.

Hopefully the kodi folks pull in the changes to the offical repo soon.

I've also fairly much completed the Python3 version for Matrix and will submit that sometime soon so that it's ready for when the betas start appearing...which will probably not be too much longer, at a guess...
(2020-04-16, 02:37)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the feedback folks, good to hear it is working.

Hopefully the kodi folks pull in the changes to the offical repo soon.

I've also fairly much completed the Python3 version for Matrix and will submit that sometime soon so that it's ready for when the betas start appearing...which will probably not be too much longer, at a guess...
Success here as well.
Many thanks for this and your work!
(2020-04-15, 04:33)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]resources/lib

Hi bossanova88,
Recently Oz Weather has stopped working and throws up an error.  I have been searching on the internet for solutions and this thread looks like it could address my problem.  I have uploaded the logs to https://paste.kodi.tv/giharusogo.  
Assuming your suggested solution addresses my problem, I have tried looking for the weatherzone.py file and replace it with the one you provided but I cannot find it.  I should highlight I am not experienced with Linux so please bear with me if I am asking silly questions.  The command I used to look for the file is "find / -iname weatherzone.py 2>/dev/null" and nothing comes back and I had to Ctrl-C to terminate the command.
Could you please have a look at my log file & advise:
1) Will your weatherzone.py solve my problem?
2) If so, can you please help me locate & replace the weatherzone.py file?
Thanks.
@awfma

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
@Karellen Whilst we have your attention - any chance you could kick the repo gods and get that PR approved...
Sure. None of the repo gods are around at this time, but I will leave a message for them Smile
(2020-04-15, 04:33)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep so I think I have fixed it...have to use a regular expression to find the location ID out of the js code, then can basically just post the same data as they do and get back the missing wad of text.

I am pretty sure that Kodi is not taking any non Python 3 submissions at this point, though...and I have been meaning to do that work, so now is as good a time as any I guess...

In the meantime, to get things working (would be good if some others test it!) - replace your resources/lib/weatherzone.py with the one found here: https://pastebin.com/43rrVgqc - be good to get a few positive reports...
I am a Kodi user fo many many years. Frequent visitor of the forums but not poster.

Logged on specifically just to say thank you for providing this fix.
(2020-04-17, 04:12)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@awfma

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Hi Karellan,

Apologies I wasn't aware I had banned Addons in my system.  I hope I have now removed all of them and attached here is the updated/clean log: https://paste.kodi.tv/goyodekora.

From the log file I understand the log file should be located at /opt/Kodi18/.kodi/temp/kodi.log.  However, I am not able to locate it when I ssh into the system, as shown below.  Can you please advise?

[~] # ls /opt/Kodi18/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
/bin/ls: cannot access /opt/Kodi18/.kodi/temp/kodi.log: No such file or directory
[~] # ls /opt -la
total 8
drwxr-sr-x  2 admin administrators   60 2020-04-10 08:20 ./
drwxr-xr-x 21 admin administrators  560 2020-04-16 23:40 ../
-rw-r--r--  1 admin administrators 4572 2020-04-10 08:20 nasconfig_fs.img.tgz
[~] #

So hopefully with the clean log you would be able to help me with the original Oz Weather problem.

Thanks.
Thanks @awfma your system looks clean.

(2020-04-17, 06:58)awfma Wrote: [ -> ]From the log file I understand the log file should be located at /opt/Kodi18/.kodi/temp/kodi.log.  However, I am not able to locate it when I ssh into the system, as shown below.  Can you please advise?
You have already found and uploaded the log file so no need to stress about it further. You did not enable debug mode though in Setting>System Settings>Logging, but lets hope Bossanova has enough info in that log that you don't have to upload another.

(2020-04-17, 06:58)awfma Wrote: [ -> ]would be able to help me with the original Oz Weather problem
Sorry I cannot. bossanova808 is the developer and he will have a look when he is next online, but I think he has already provided a fix and it is just waiting for approval to be merged into the repo... https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/1466
@"afwma"

Try a simpler find:

sh:

cd /
find ./ -name "weatherzone.py"

That should find it for you. 

But, basically it is in
Code:
.../addons/weather.ozweather/resources/lib/weatherzone.py
- but where that starts depends on your install.

And yes, I am pretty sure it will solve your problem.
(2020-04-17, 07:21)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @awfma your system looks clean.
(2020-04-17, 06:58)awfma Wrote: [ -> ]From the log file I understand the log file should be located at /opt/Kodi18/.kodi/temp/kodi.log.  However, I am not able to locate it when I ssh into the system, as shown below.  Can you please advise?
You have already found and uploaded the log file so no need to stress about it further. You did not enable debug mode though in Setting>System Settings>Logging, but lets hope Bossanova has enough info in that log that you don't have to upload another.
(2020-04-17, 06:58)awfma Wrote: [ -> ]would be able to help me with the original Oz Weather problem
Sorry I cannot. bossanova808 is the developer and he will have a look when he is next online, but I think he has already provided a fix and it is just waiting for approval to be merged into the repo... https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/1466 
@Karellen - when I enabled debug mode, the log file was over 1M and I was not able to upload it using Kodi Log Uploader.

Yeah I saw the fix posted by bossanova808 but I am unable to locate the weatherzone.py file to replace it hence I posted my original note for help.  This is probably because I am not very experienced with Linux.

By the way, I deleted the Ares Addon as per the forum guideline.  Can you recommend a maintenance tool please?

Thanks.
(2020-04-17, 07:53)awfma Wrote: [ -> ]Can you recommend a maintenance tool please?

A maintenance tool for what, exactly?