Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Working alright here, including the ABC video....as ever, need a full debug log to help...
(2019-11-25, 09:39)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Working alright here, including the ABC video....as ever, need a full debug log to help...

Hey mate, how about this?

https://paste.kodi.tv/xisapenozi.kodi
Quick glance on phone...what's in your settings for the ABC video quality?
(2019-11-25, 12:31)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Quick glance on phone...what's in your settings for the ABC video quality?

Best
So changing the video quality from Best to 1000K seems to restore full functionality. How come?
Errr, sounds like a bug to me - Best should just map to 1000K.  I'll look into it when I get into the Python 3 re-write...hopefully early next year...
I uninstalled when one of the 19 upgrades upgraded python etc to get rid of the errors.  Anyone know how I can manually install and then change the xml file to support the basics?
Finally got around to reinstalling this and it's working great now except....
It seems the radar is out about 10+ hrs. Time, date etc show correctly at the top of the screen but the time on the actual radar is not the latest. Any way to fix this?
Does the time on the radar say UTC? If so then it will be an earlier time (10 hours for Queensland maybe?)
Yep it is UTC time IIRC.

The addon just goes to the BOM and downloads everything in the folder for  that radar...so whatever is there is what you get...
But obviously when I view the radar on the BOM site it current eastern standard Time
Why is the downloaded info in UTC and 10hours behind?
Because when BoM generates the series of images (PNGs or JPGs) they timestamp each image with UTC.

The images are generated regularly and independently of any clients.  Every client sees the same image.  It makes perfect sense when you're not sure who your customers will be to timestamp with UTC.  Apps like Kodi or PocketWeather or your browser simply display the loop of images that BoM provides (the client does not timestamp the images).
Yeah so just to be clear - UTC minus 10 hours (or whateever depending where you are) = the current Aus time.  I.e. the images are definitely current, not out of date...and you can see this as you can literally watch the storms roll in over your area at times...you'll see the blue bits coming, and then it will rain Smile
Hi. I'm new to this forum, Kodi, and Android TV, but am an experienced Linux user (so am used to editing config files, etc). OK, my problem is the old *radar background image/map not showing up* chestnut.

After first adding the OzWeather addon when setting up my device (H96 Quad-Core Android TV box with 4Gb RAM), I found your customisation and applied it. All went well, with the BOM Radar showing the whole of Australia. However, once I went to the weather addon settings and changed the radar location from the default IDR00004 to IDR023 (128km Melbourne radar), and restarted Kodi, the radar was working insofar as the rainfall overlay was active, but there was no map, just transparency. I took your advice to just wait for the image(s) to be fetched, but after many hours nothing had changed.

I followed your advice re the 2 dependencies, but all was fine there. I changed the radar location to IDR022 (256km Melbourne radar) and IDR024 (64km Melbourne radar - which is the one I actually want to use), but still the same. If I revert back to IDR00004, restart Kodi, the image/map shows up fine. But for the Melbourne ones, all I get is the image copyright banner at the top, the date/time-counter at the bottom, and the live rainfall overlay in between. And just to be certain I wasn't being hasty, I've left it on IDR024 for a few days now.

So I'll post the full log, and hopefully you can find what is going wrong. Many thanks in advance. Cheers

Full Kodi Log
only guessing but I suspect it's a PIL version issue...as:

2019-12-26 21:00:47.943 T:4946 DEBUG: Downloaded background texture...now converting from indexed file [/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds/IDR024/idx.IDR024.background.png] to RGB: IDR024.background.png 2019-12-26 21:00:47.948 T:4946 DEBUG: Indexed to RGB converstion failed with error: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

...that code works on other platforms just fine.

Can't do much at the moment sorry (I'm away on holidays)....indeed, I am then very busy witha work project right up till end of Jan., But after that I plan on working on python 3 versions of my various addons for future Kodi versions....but I will try and see if I can play with an Android kodi along the way...