Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-03-14, 01:07)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm yeah that's an oversight - I thought I had changed it. I have a new version about ready to go with a few cleanups so will fix that at same time and should get it out today (but takes a few days for review etc.)

No worries. Thanks for your efforts. I'll post the issue on a dev forum too in case it's system-wide. (the redirect thing).

Scott
FYI, this issue is already discussed on another topic: Here

It's a shame you'd have to re-code, but as we discussed, it's probably just easier to prepend the 'www.' and be done with it.

Scott
It's already done and submitted, no drama at all adding a www - shoulda done it before really Smile
HI Boss,

I think you may have introduced a bug:

When I choose 3122 from the Postcode choice, the script throws an exception:
Code:
02:07:11 T:4632764416   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'WeatherZoneURL' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/ht/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 538, in <module>
                                                locationids.append(WeatherZoneURL + loc)
                                            NameError: name 'WeatherZoneURL' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I can find no other reference to 'WeatherZoneURL' in default.py (although it may be in another module).

If I change:

Code:
locationids.append(WeatherZoneURL + loc)

to:

Code:
locationids.append(searchURL + loc)

it works.

Thanks,
Scott
Hmm, must have screwed up when testing and somehow run the old one. That's part of the basic refactoring I was doing elsewhere....

I will fix as soon as I can, probably tonight, sorry.
Just submitted 0.6.3 which fixes the above and you can now do suburb searches by name rather than just postcode.
Hi all,

I've just set up my ATV2 with Frodo (12.1) to run with my DS713+ NAS server and running MySQL for the database.

Just having a bit of trouble getting the live BOM radar to work. From my understanding I need to copy MyWeather.xml & DialogSeekBar.xml into my skin/720p folder (I'm running the default Confluence skin).

Here is the problem... Where is the default skin folder for Confluence in Frodo located (for IOS)? I've looked in the path /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons but there is no skin.confluence folder. However when I changed and installed the skin to Aeon Nox the above path contained the folder skin.aeon.nox folder.

Sorry if this seems like a noob question but... well.. I'm a noob!

Thanks in advance.
Finally found it!

Path was /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence/720p

I was looking in the /private/var/mobile path...

Dropped the two files in the 720p folder, reboot of the ATV2 and all is good. Cool
Sorry - was on holiday. Glad you got there!
Nice work. I'm in the US so I can't use the addon but it's nice to see that users in at least one country can still retrieve radar images with XBMC.
I get a "script failed" error when trying to use this add-on.

When checking the logs I found a number of errors:
Code:
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//background.png
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//topography.png
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//locations.png
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//range.png

Since they are all related to radar I tried switching this feature off: no luck.
I had a look in those directories and they were empty, except for subdirectories for radar locations I used, which are empty as well.

Any idea how to solve this ?

For info, this is on an arch linux install, xbmc info:
XBMC (12.1 Git:Unknown), Platform: Linux (Arch Linux, 3.8.7-1-ARCH x86_64). Built on Mar 26 2013
Full debug log please.
Just a bit more info: I downloaded the images manually and put them in the IDR642 folder, now I am getting this:
Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named PIL
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/laffi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 573, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, radar)
                                              File "/home/laffi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 167, in forecast
                                                buildImages(radarCode)
                                              File "/home/laffi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 292, in buildImages
                                                prepareBackgrounds(radarCode)
                                              File "/home/laffi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 261, in prepareBackgrounds
                                                downloadBackground(radarCode, "IDR.legend.0.png")
                                              File "/home/laffi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 217, in downloadBackground
                                                from PIL import Image
                                            ImportError: No module named PIL
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Your compile of xbmc is stuffed and missing the python image library. You'll need to get that into your build.