Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@wacko37 Well, I very reluctantly made a file for the monstrosity that is Estuary (which is 1080p - so would be easy to work from).  But I will only support the standard skin and whatever other skin(s) I use (Confluence, at the moment).  I consider the addon my bit, others can deal with their own skin wishes.  It's really not hard to do a MyWeather.xml - even if you were completely new to Kodi skinning you could probably do most of it in an evening.  So I shall leave that as 'an exercise for the reader' - happy to help with specific bits if you get stuck, but not gonna spend my time doing it from scratch (and forever more updating it) - given I will never use it.
I totally understand and thankyou for taking the time to respond. Cheers
@bossanova808  Firstly big thanks for giving me the push i needed to modify this for myself, wasn't that hard after all Smile

Well i kind of cheated as i used the skin "Aeon MQ5 (Gotham era)" by @uksa007  which worked in MQ8 but the resolution was for 720p. So big thanks to @uksa007 also!

I have also made some changes like the background, font and font colour, which means i also had to modify the font.xml for MQ8.

I can provide the files needed if anyone is interested, or if @bossanova808 want to add them to the addon wiki.

@wacko37 Good job!  You can actually go ahead and add them to the wiki too - that's the point of a wiki, it's a community editable resource.  It's even easier than making the skin file!
(2019-03-06, 02:39)wacko37 Wrote: [ -> ]@bossanova808  Firstly big thanks for giving me the push i needed to modify this for myself, wasn't that hard after all Smile

Well i kind of cheated as i used the skin "Aeon MQ5 (Gotham era)" by @uksa007  which worked in MQ8 but the resolution was for 720p. So big thanks to @uksa007 also!

I have also made some changes like the background, font and font colour, which means i also had to modify the font.xml for MQ8.

I can provide the files needed if anyone is interested, or if @bossanova808 want to add them to the addon wiki.

I would very much like the files please.
I am using OzWeather with AeonMQ 8 but have a horrible blue background that I do not know how to change.
Thank you
@bossanova808 ,

Just a quick note, have added a place holder entry about my skins integration of your weather script to your wiki. Now realise that my wiki page is horribly out of date, so after I have cleaned things up there, will add some pictures to go along with the wiki text.

Wyrm (AppTV)
@benrita  I will be adding everything to the wiki today with readme.txt instructions.
(2019-03-06, 09:30)wacko37 Wrote: [ -> ]@benrita  I will be adding everything to the wiki today with readme.txt instructions.
Thank you, is that the OzWeather wiki ?
They might be referring to this page... Add-on:Oz_Weather (wiki)
(2019-03-06, 09:35)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]They might be referring to this page... Add-on:Oz_Weather (wiki)
 Thank you.
Yes on here:  https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Add-on:Oz_Weather

Sadly im waiting on account so i can edit the wiki
@benrita @bossanova808  Looks like editing the Wiki will take some time (may not happen at all) so you can find the needed files at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
(2019-03-06, 11:17)wacko37 Wrote: [ -> ]@benrita @bossanova808  Looks like editing the Wiki will take some time (may not happen at all) so you can find the needed files at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
 Got them.
Thank you
(2019-03-06, 11:17)wacko37 Wrote: [ -> ]@benrita @bossanova808  Looks like editing the Wiki will take some time (may not happen at all) so you can find the needed files at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
 Got them.
Thank you

Edit: All working great in AeonMQ8 2.8.0
@wacko37 I added your link to the files to the wiki...