Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmmm, no, because generally the Weather.jpg is the default weather background...that's what it should fall back to.  The first line there is supposed to pick up a custom background (as I would read it) - but apparently it's being set somewhere else...

Could you screenshot exactly where you're setting that for Weather?  Will save me trying a bunch of things...
Loving it mate.  Renamed my my preferred background art to default_bg.jpg and it is all looking pretty sweet right now.  Great work.
(2021-06-20, 12:15)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah I reckon I know what it is, will fix it up later, prob tomorrow

Yep it's fixed today. Thanks mate.
I change the background using these settings:

I set the default background as default.jpg then choose Yes to use default background for both home window and for sub windows.
Hmm, ok, there must be some code elsewhere that says not to use the weather variable if using the default background...I'll try and find it!
Also folks - 2.0.1 has just been merged into the Kodi main repo just now.  Because you've been downloading a .zip with 2.0.1 as the version, yours will not auto-update this time from the repo. 
This shouldn't matter as long as you grabbed all the latest changes recently (I pushed some minor things earlier today, just code cleanup, but nothing that changes behaviour).   Feel free to grab the .zip one more time though, to be sure you have the very latest 2.0.1 as it was released.

You will still get updated whenever 2.0.2 comes out (i.e. I have not done any work on that yet, but who knows what will come along Wink ) - but just FYI.
@Tyreless

Ok, need you to test something for me - if you haven't already, run the latest skin patcher so that you have a background (with whatever opacity you care to set), but it will be the wrong one (beach).  Then, manually copy these two files into your 1080i folder under skin.amber.  Restart Kodi.

Do you get the correct background??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf5r8uvspkszor...r.xml?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xak9i8yb1bywqe...r.xml?dl=0

With a test here, it works, with the settings you describe, plus also works if you have things left 'normal' with the variable standard backgrounds.

So I think we're ok now, but be good to get another test under your actual conditions before I throw this out there...
No guts no glory...it works for me, so sending it out there as 0.2.6 - let me know @Tyreless !
It works! Using Patcher 0.2.6. But the background is stretched vertically.

I also tested changing the default background after the patch and that works as expected (except that it is stretched vertically).

Thanks!
Great.  0.2.7 pushed just now fixes the background sizing on Amber... @Tyreless
(2021-06-22, 00:03)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Great.  0.2.7 pushed just now fixes the background sizing on Amber... @Tyreless

I'm gettin Update Failed on my Shield TV. Do you want a log?
My bad....try now.  Apparently didn't tick the box next to the new zip when committing, sigh.
All good. Works like a charm, no more vertical stretch. Thanks heaps.
PS. Mrs Tyreless is impressed with the shortcut to ABC Weather.
Good to hear!