Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Skin Patcher 0.2.0 release - this one adds support for Aeon skins (tested with Aeon Nox Silvo and Aeon Tajo) - and for Xonfluence. 

@Thomfam  here you go...to install the patcher you should first intall my repo via the .zip here: https://github.com/bossanova808/reposito...ssanova808 - then install the patcher from there, and run it (and you'll need to run it each time your skin gets updated)..

So the full list now is:
  1. Confluence
  2. Estuary
  3. Estouchy
  4. Amber
  5. Xonfluence
  6. Aeon Nox Silvo
  7. Aeon Tajo
(...probably other Aeon derivations will work too...)
@dawsonjw Which skin are you having trouble with?  I find it easy to read on my monitor here, and OLED at home....the idea is those things are there, but understated....
(2021-06-18, 07:44)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]@dawsonjw Which skin are you having trouble with?  I find it easy to read on my monitor here, and OLED at home....the idea is those things are there, but understated....

Hi
Thanks for replying. I am using it with Amber. I have attached a picture below.

Cheers

John

Seems pretty easy to read on that photo Wink

I could make the background darker (or get rid of it...) - what do you think @Tyreless?

I don't use Amber so I don't really care, but I'm trying to keep the components as consistent as possible across the various skins, and the grey works well elsewhere...
(2021-06-18, 08:21)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems pretty easy to read on that photo Wink

I could make the background darker (or get rid of it...) - what do you think @Tyreless?

I don't use Amber so I don't really care, but I'm trying to keep the components as consistent as possible across the various skins, and the grey works well elsewhere...

Sure, can we try making the background darker

Thanks

John
Ok, well, are you happy to try a few colours - if you go to your Amber skin folder, under xml there is MyWeather.xml.  About 20 lines down is this:

<colordiffuse>BBBBBBBB</colordiffuse>

Try changing that to another value (the easiest option being CCCCCCCC or DDDDDDDD etc) - this specifies the overlay over the background basically - It's in hex AARRGGBB format if that means anything to you (so values of 0 to 9, then A through F for each digit).

Let me know when you've found one you like, basically!
(2021-06-18, 08:35)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, well, are you happy to try a few colours - if you go to your Amber skin folder, under xml there is MyWeather.xml.  About 20 lines down is this:

<colordiffuse>BBBBBBBB</colordiffuse>

Try changing that to another value (the easiest option being CCCCCCCC or DDDDDDDD etc) - this specifies the overlay over the background basically - It's in hex AARRGGBB format if that means anything to you (so values of 0 to 9, then A through F for each digit).

Let me know when you've found one you like, basically!

Hi
Thanks for that. I tried both and the darker one DDDDDDDD definitely makes it easier to read

Thanks for your help with this

Cheers

John
Hi boss,

Background is OK for me, but I use a different background. Darker is OK too.

Two issues for me.

1. The current temperature and "feels like" are missing (as seen in dawsonjw's screenshot above).
2. The boxes below the radar overlap the radar slightly and should be a bit lower (by about half the height of the box containing the wording "ABC WEATHER").

Cheers,

T
For 1:

I have just pushed skin patcher 0.2.3 with a darker background for Amber, and the buttons moved down a bit too.

(Kodi only checks for addon updates every 6 hours I think, so you might need to force it...is an option in the settings to do that, usually in the blade menu thing...)

For 2:

As mentioned above, you would need to re-patch your skin with the latest version, AND get the latest OzWeather updates from github, and then re-start your Kodi after installing all that -> and you should be ok again with respect to the missing data...or you can just wait until 2.0.1 is approved, hopefully this weekend.

....Let me know if ok!
Thanks boss. All good using Patcher 0.2.3 and OzWeather 2.0.1 from github last night.

Now, is there anything you can do to improve the weather here? I'd like a bit more sunshine.
@"Thomfan" - moving this to the thread in case others have opinions, no need for DMs here I think?

First things - re: the missing data, read above, a couple of posts.  You need to grab the very latest Ozweather from github, or wait till 2.0.1 is approved by the Kodi Gods.  Then those values will show up again.

If I add back the default background back in aeon, it has to be dimmed rather a lot to keep things legible...personally I prefer straight black, but I am not an aeon user and it seems big pictures are very much the go with that one...

Because the aeon background system is very complex, I'm not really willing to get in to supporting weather fan art / icon packs, at least for now.

Unfortunately, the location of the astronaut, and the rainbow squiggle thing in Tajo, clashes rather with the design of the page - especially the icon in the current observations...

So honestly I am leaning towards leaving it black, at least for now.

Doesn't seem like every page in Kodi needs a bit art backdrop, even with those skins, really?   The idea here is very much that this page is about the info and the radar and I feel like it's a small sacrifice not to have the picture?
(2021-06-19, 04:23)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]@"Thomfan" - moving this to the thread in case others have opinions, no need for DMs here I think?

First things - re: the missing data, read above, a couple of posts.  You need to grab the very latest Ozweather from github, or wait till 2.0.1 is approved by the Kodi Gods.  Then those values will show up again.

If I add back the default background back in aeon, it has to be dimmed rather a lot to keep things legible...personally I prefer straight black, but I am not an aeon user and it seems big pictures are very much the go with that one...

Because the aeon background system is very complex, I'm not really willing to get in to supporting weather fan art / icon packs, at least for now.

Unfortunately, the location of the astronaut, and the rainbow squiggle thing in Tajo, clashes rather with the design of the page - especially the icon in the current observations...

So honestly I am leaning towards leaving it black, at least for now.

Doesn't seem like every page in Kodi needs a bit art backdrop, even with those skins, really?   The idea here is very much that this page is about the info and the radar and I feel like it's a small sacrifice not to have the picture?
I am using 2.0.1  and Black background it will be!
@Thomfam  Sorry, you mean you have missing values even using 2.0.1?  I have just tested here with OzWeather 2.01. and doing a fresh patch with skin patcher 0.2.3 and I see this:

...so I think maybe you need to try grabbing 2.0.1 again, and make sure you refresh the weather data after installing it - they should definitely appear then.  If not, please send me a *full debug log* so I can figure it out!
(2021-06-19, 04:34)Thomfam Wrote: [ -> ]I am using 2.0.1  and Black background it will be!

Hi
Actually black background looks better with Amber too. Could you make that change as well

Cheers

John