Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Dypsis

I think I have realised what has happened.

Go into the main Kodi settings screen. In the bottom left corner you will see one of Basic, Standard, Advanced or Expert.

I think you are on Basic. Change to one of the higher levels and it should show your addon settings again.

See section 3 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings
(2020-10-15, 00:44)Dypsis Wrote: [ -> ]@Karellen 

I can't find Settings > System Settings > Logging as described here.
I can't find System Settings.
Edit: I used the Ctrl + Shift + D keyboard method.
The log is still running.
(2020-10-15, 01:10)Dypsis Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I used the Ctrl + Shift + D keyboard method.
The log is still running.
Yep, that will do it also. No need to keep it running for long. You can stop it, then upload the log to Kodi Paste Site and give us the link.

But before you do that, check my previous post. If that does not fix the issue, then provide the log.
(2020-10-15, 01:05)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Dypsis

I think I have realised what has happened.

Go into the main Kodi settings screen. In the bottom left corner you will see one of Basic, Standard, Advanced or Expert.

I think you are on Basic. Change to one of the higher levels and it should show your addon settings again.

See section 3 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings
You were right.
The settings panel is up, but I am still not getting any weather information.

By the way...
I couldn't post because I had reached my post limit of 9 in 24 hours. Nod Eek
Well, what settings did you put in?  You won't get weather data until you configure it correctly.

A fresh debug log, made now that you have some settings in, would help.
Hey, since I restarted the weather is displaying. Smile
I see there is an extended weather, but I think I read somewhere that I need extra files for that. Is that correct?

Now to try and get Radio working.
Yep, you'll want to head to the wiki for info on that - https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Add-on...in_Changes
I've just done a clean reinstall of Matrix, and was really happy to see you've updated this for Matrix, so I installed it.

But as soon as I enter my location in the settings, and click Done, I get an error. Doesn't matter which location I use, whether I enter a postcode, or name, I get the same error.
Quote:2020-11-10 20:58:47.664 T:3448    DEBUG <general>: ### Oz Weather 1.2.1 - Doing locations search for 2000
2020-11-10 20:58:47.665 T:3448    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'NameError'>
                                                   Error Contents: name 'getLocationsForPostcodeOrSuburb' is not defined
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\htpcd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.ozweather\default.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       ozweather.run(sys.argv)
                                                     File "C:\Users\htpcd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.ozweather\resources\lib\ozweather.py", line 25, in run
                                                       find_location()
                                                     File "C:\Users\htpcd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.ozweather\resources\lib\locations.py", line 69, in find_location
                                                       locations, location_url_paths = getLocationsForPostcodeOrSuburb(text)
                                                   NameError: name 'getLocationsForPostcodeOrSuburb' is not defined
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2020-11-10 20:58:47.666 T:3448    DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker::onExecutionDone(134, C:\Users\htpcd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.ozweather\default.py)
2020-11-10 20:58:47.678 T:2620    DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------
2020-11-10 20:58:47.697 T:3448    DEBUG <general>: .
2020-11-10 20:58:47.759 T:3448     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2020-11-10 20:58:47.759 T:3448    DEBUG <general>: Thread LanguageInvoker 3448 terminating
Hmm, good point @the_scotsman - looks like I have missed something in the settings bit.  I migrated my profile over so probably just forgot to test this bit.

If you grab a settings file from a previous install and copy it over, that will fix it for you temporarily...but I will get on to fixing the actual problem soon.
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply Smile

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of a previous settings file...
Ah well, you'll have to wait then.    Shouldn't be too long...
I have already done the fix, but I am having some trouble with the Kodi addon submitter github action - has been working fine previously, but today is giving me various errors.  Might just be a temp glitch.  Will try it again later....or ask around to see if there are issues if I can't get it to work.

The fix is just adding

python:

from resources.lib.weatherzone import *

...to the top of resources/locations.py where the other import is.

...if you're keen to get going.
...actually, I tell a lie.  I can see it has worked, it's just reporting failed for some reason, but the PR is there.  So once the Kodi folks accept it, it should fix itself for you soon.  Thanks for the report!
(2020-11-11, 01:53)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]...actually, I tell a lie.  I can see it has worked, it's just reporting failed for some reason, but the PR is there.  So once the Kodi folks accept it, it should fix itself for you soon.  Thanks for the report!
No weather as of maybe yesterday.
Loads OK but does not show any weather.
Have tried updating but same result.
Will try reinstalling to see what happens
@dixons Working fine here on both Leia and Krypton...on both Windows and CoreElec...