Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Matrix is the next upcoming version after Leia. It's still in development/pre-release, but is available on the downloads page at kodi.tv  Choose your OS and select Development Builds from the popup.
Using OSMC... Just updated to Buster and using the 4.9 kernel on a Vero4
Getting BOM error now.
Logs:
https://paste.osmc.tv/teziboceca
So looks like there is some issue with the ftp/sockets lib...you'll have to ask the OSMC people...I'd guess it's some sort of system python packaging issue...

Code:

2020-09-21 15:22:56.239 T:3367997664 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'socket.gaierror'> Error Contents: [Errno -2] Name or service not known Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 327, in <module> getForecast() File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 309, in getForecast forecast(locationUrlPath, radar) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 226, in forecast buildImages(radarCode, updateRadarBackgrounds, backgroundsPath, overlayLoopPath) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/resources/lib/bom.py", line 201, in buildImages ftp = ftplib.FTP("ftp.bom.gov.au") File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 120, in __init__ self.connect(host) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 135, in connect self.sock = socket.create_connection((self.host, self.port), self.timeout) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 557, in create_connection for res in getaddrinfo(host, port, 0, SOCK_STREAM): gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known -->End of Python script error report<--
(2020-09-21, 07:40)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]So looks like there is some issue with the ftp/sockets lib...you'll have to ask the OSMC people...I'd guess it's some sort of system python packaging issue...

So feeling a little sheepish.... It was a DNS problem after all that. I had added the DoT for secured DNS to my router config on the weekend and that seemed to break a few things on my network. I spent 1/2 a day trying to make OSMC/Vero4 use a user entered DNS to no avail before someone pointed out there was a simple setting in OSMC to change from DHCP to manual IP config... as soon as I changed it there it worked! Doh!
Sorry for wasting your time.
It only took me a few seconds to work out it wasn't my fault, so no bother!
I am just trying this now and I cannot find any settings for it.
The first thing I am looking for is to change Fahrenheit to Celsius.
@Dypsis - so that is actually KODI preference - Settings -> Interface -> Regional

OzWeather settings are found via Services -> Weather -> Service (and under that Settings for the service).  Or via the weather page itself in the side menu, although that depends on the skin you're using.
(2020-10-14, 03:26)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]@Dypsis - so that is actually KODI preference - Settings -> Interface -> Regional

OzWeather settings are found via Services -> Weather -> Service (and under that Settings for the service).  Or via the weather page itself in the side menu, although that depends on the skin you're using.

Hi Boss.
I am using the default skin Estuary.

I have the regional settings fixed, but I can't see any Weather settings as you described.
(2020-10-14, 03:35)Dypsis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-14, 03:26)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]@Dypsis - so that is actually KODI preference - Settings -> Interface -> Regional

Hi Boss.
I am using the default skin Estuary.

I have the regional settings fixed, but I can't see any Weather settings as you described.
It says, "No categories available".
Everything else is blank.
Have a read here... Weather (wiki)

For the Weather settings go to Main Menu>Settings>Add-ons>My Add-ons>All Add-ons and find the weather addon you installed. Select it and then select Configure.
Hi @Karellen.

It is blank there also.
I tried clicking the Default button, but nothing.
Post a screenshot of what you are seeing. I think you are looking in the wrong place...

If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
Hi @Karellen 

Here are a couple of images.

@Dypsis

Weird! Could you also provide a Debug Log so we can get some stats about your system. Navigate to your weather addon as shown in the images above then upload the log and provide the link.

Hopefully it will show the problem.
@Karellen 

I can't find Settings > System Settings > Logging as described here.
I can't find System Settings.