Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-04-17, 07:59)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-17, 07:53)awfma Wrote: [ -> ]Can you recommend a maintenance tool please?

A maintenance tool for what, exactly? 
Something similar to Ares where I could use it to clear cache, thumbnails ... etc, general maintenance tasks to keep the system healthy e.g. tweaking memory allocation etc ...
There is Milhouse's TextureCache tool for maintaining the thumbnail cache.

Other things like "tweaking memory allocation" aren't necessary for normal use.
Keeping things healthy usually involves common sense, as to not install piracy add-ons that disrupt Kodi's core functionality.
(2020-04-17, 08:07)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]There is Milhouse's TextureCache tool for maintaining the thumbnail cache.

Other things like "tweaking memory allocation" aren't necessary for normal use.
Keeping things healthy usually involves common sense, as to not install piracy add-ons that disrupt Kodi's core functionality.

ok thanks!
(2020-04-17, 07:52)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]@"afwma"

Try a simpler find:

sh:

cd /
find ./ -name "weatherzone.py"

That should find it for you. 

But, basically it is in
Code:
.../addons/weather.ozweather/resources/lib/weatherzone.py
- but where that starts depends on your install.

And yes, I am pretty sure it will solve your problem.

Thanks @bossanova808 , I will it another try.
(2020-04-17, 08:11)awfma Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-17, 07:52)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]@"afwma"

Try a simpler find:

sh:

cd /
find ./ -name "weatherzone.py"

That should find it for you. 

But, basically it is in
Code:
.../addons/weather.ozweather/resources/lib/weatherzone.py
- but where that starts depends on your install.

And yes, I am pretty sure it will solve your problem.

Thanks @bossanova808 , I will it another try. 

@bossanova808 - just want to update you I finally found the location of the weatherzone.py file though it took a long time.  I replaced the script with yours, and Oz Weather is now working again!  Thank you so much!
(2020-04-15, 04:33)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep so I think I have fixed it...have to use a regular expression to find the location ID out of the js code, then can basically just post the same data as they do and get back the missing wad of text.

I am pretty sure that Kodi is not taking any non Python 3 submissions at this point, though...and I have been meaning to do that work, so now is as good a time as any I guess...

In the meantime, to get things working (would be good if some others test it!) - replace your resources/lib/weatherzone.py with the one found here: https://pastebin.com/43rrVgqc - be good to get a few positive reports...

That sure did the trick... hopefully it gets updated by the kodi repo people that are bored in lockdown with nothing else to do as it will save me from driving everywhere who uses weatherzone addon I know.

Thank you sir!
For those struggling with the weatherzone.py replacement it may be easier to try this, I chose to do this to update a number of Android boxes I have rather than battling the file system :-)
  • Download the add-on from https://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/addon...-1.0.1.zip

• Open the zip file with something like 7-zip

• Drag the new weatherzone.py into the zip file to replace the existing version.

• In kodi Add-ons select install from zip, browse to the saved ozweather zip file and install. You'll see the message add-on updated and all will be good again.

I'm not sure, but I'm hoping by keeping the same version number that when the official update happens the update will happen automatically
Yep that is a good approach and should work fine when the update comes...
(2020-04-18, 06:39)Terryjs Wrote: [ -> ] 
  • Download the add-on from https://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/addon...-1.0.1.zip

• Open the zip file with something like 7-zip

• Drag the new weatherzone.py into the zip file to replace the existing version.

• In kodi Add-ons select install from zip, browse to the saved ozweather zip file and install. You'll see the message add-on updated and all will be good again.

Thanks everyone, confirming that this worked for me. Thanks again!
(2020-04-15, 04:40)mbriody Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-15, 04:33)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep so I think I have fixed it...have to use a regular expression to find the location ID out of the js code, then can basically just post the same data as they do and get back the missing wad of text.

I am pretty sure that Kodi is not taking any non Python 3 submissions at this point, though...and I have been meaning to do that work, so now is as good a time as any I guess...

In the meantime, to get things working (would be good if some others test it!) - replace your resources/lib/weatherzone.py with the one found here: https://pastebin.com/43rrVgqc - be good to get a few positive reports...

Could someone explain how I do this please

Working for me. Well done! 
Thank you very much for fixing Oz Weather
Fix is in the main Kodi repo now...your system should update itself soon
(2020-04-21, 01:57)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Fix is in the main Kodi repo now...your system should update itself soon

Thanks for the support and quick fix mate.  Everybody in the family I set Kodi up for doesn't realize how much they miss this until it's inoperative.
Auto updated fine about an hour ago.
Just a heads up - OzWeather is now in the official Matrix repo, all shiny and updated to Python 3.  

(& thanks to heitbaum and enen92 for their assistance along the way)
(2020-06-28, 12:25)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a heads up - OzWeather is now in the official Matrix repo, all shiny and updated to Python 3.  

(& thanks to heitbaum and enen92 for their assistance along the way)

And where can I get this official repo and source from?