Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to extract the textures.xbt I get an empty folder titled "appbar" is there any way to get around this, or is there anywhere I can get the uncompressed textures to play around with this skin further?

Edit, I was able to get the files extracted after messing around with the Notepad++ plugin
timnsr72

Hey can you tell me how you did it an can you repack the texture file with the notepad plugin ?
OT: is there any way to extract the the Textures.xbt in OS X?
Notepad ++ cannot repack textures, you need to use the texture packer http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TexturePacker & as far as I know there is not a way to extract textures in OSX, but I may be wrong.
Thanks everyone for the comments !

@fabiomello : Thanks, and the update hasn't been released yet but I should hopefully be posting the update next week sometime.
The new tv/movie hub can contain either content from your own library or content from traky tv (this can be toggled in the settings)
Yeah i will be adding some more views shortly, but at the moment i am trying to find out exactly how the xbox one views are looking Smile

@bakito : Thanks ! and sorry but the customisable tile feature will not be available with the next update as i have been working on alot of other things at the moment,
but i will hopefully be adding them soon into the one after this update Smile

@jodit : Thanks ! and i am currently working on the live tv section and it should hopefully be working in the next update, i have also added an option to the settings to
set an alternative plugin / addon to the live tv tile such as pseudo TV or TvCatchup.

@ToxicAnt : Thanks ! and Yeah i will be making a repo soon so that everyone can receive updates Smile

@jodit : Thanks ! and
1. = I am currently working on the live tv section and it should hopefully be ready for the next update.
2. = I will be working on personalised tiles soon after i have completed some other sections of the skin and they should hopefully be added into one of the next 2 updates.
3. = Im not too sure what you mean by Category degraded backgrouds, but i will soon might be adding an option for custom backgrounds on the dashboard, and there is
already an option to have different backgrounds on the library or fanart can be displayed.
4. = Different types of views will be added shortly but at the moment i am trying to find out how the xbox one views are looking. (You will also be able to select different views from the appbar)

@grote345 : i have recently tested my skin out on the latest Gotham release and it seems to all be working fine, apart from the game section as advanced launcher crashes xbmc to desktop on mine.

@HassanTheGooner : This skin was so big because it had most of the files from the immersive skin in there too, and it had alot of hd backgrounds in there. But on the next update i will clean it up and it should be alot smaller.

@timnsr72 , @iAMl3dgend , freem@n , @grote345 : When i upload the next update of the skin i can also upload the uncompressed textures for you aswell if you want ?

Here is a little more of what i have recently changed :

Added snap feature, where you can be anywhere on the skin, return to the dashboard and the last thing you was doing will be snapped to the home section where you can click it and return straight back where you left. ( e.g. apps snapped to dashboard in picture below)

Created a few more app sections like twitch (watch live streams of games), ebay, fixed amazon, fixed wikipedia, upload studio, xbox video & music (the real one from this link : video.xbox.com & music.xbox.com) (requires web browser script)

Changed alot of animations, such as osd, game info, splash screen, video info, startup, snap, window animations, and videowindow animations have changed.

Changed the osd completely (image below)

Changed around alot of colors and made it fit in more with the xbox one look

Completely changed around the game info section, from here you can now view rating, view detailed description with a working scrollbar, view game cover & fanart, extra fanart images are pulled from google images and you can view a list of them instead of one single fanart, play game ( starts game with a nice fading animation - looks like it fades into the game like the xbox one), view a trailer for the game, watch gameplay, view game walkthroughs, find the game on ebay with web browser script and an option to delete.

Added buttons to games section (System and info) System = shows your system performance like cpu & ram usage and also shows the build version & date. info = shows info for the current game highlighted.

Changed around the dashboard a little like the animations, added an underline to the hub titles when highlighted, changed around the fade texture behind text ( looks more metro now)

I should hopefully be releasing the update next week sometime Smile

Here are a few images of the changes:

You have designed such a beautiful skin, please release it now (Angel)
You may also use our dev repo to spread the skin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159372
Toyota it looks amazing cant wait for the update (MS) must hire you just kidding Smile question in the current skin the Skype tile opens the forum is it possible to make this open the real Skype I mean something like windows 8/81 apps integrate with the skin ?
(2013-12-05, 20:58)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]You may also use our dev repo to spread the skin

I hate to play devil's advocate, but is that going to be possible given the skin's use of the SegoeWP font?
Hi toyota12303, amazing work!

By "degraded category backgrounds" just I wanted to say backgrounds on the dashboard style xperience 1080 skin (not a full image). You can see it on the picture:

Thank's and waiting for the nexts updates!
(2013-12-06, 19:21)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-05, 20:58)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]You may also use our dev repo to spread the skin

I hate to play devil's advocate, but is that going to be possible given the skin's use of the SegoeWP font?

hmm yes that is going to be a problem as the font is not free to distribute
not to mention the xbox logo, didn't mc360 skin from years ago have the same problem?
uhm isn't using the xbox logo and "xbox music" etc.. etc..

asking for trouble

also.. its xbmc music not Xbox
Hello

Who exactly make problem if I use xbox logo etc..
I'm working on skin partially emulates xbox one and 360.
This means that I can publish my skin because I breaking the law?
Surely microsoft know, this is not dangerous for them, because if I wish to buy xbox one,I will buy and I don't care for some skin on xbmc. In any case we are not able to emulate full dashboard because is not possible.
Last month I installed xbmc for several users ordinary users on pc not Expert they all given up to use xbmc,
because is not friendly interface and is too complicated.
When is question about console, everybody know how to use console. Personally I love xbmc and emulate dashboard from xbox console.
I used only three weeks console xbox 360 and never again. It is too locked world for me.

Best Regards