Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
schwallman Wrote:I was told that earlier today. I looked but I dont ever get the option. Does it matter how and where the movies are. I have a drobo that I store all my movies on. I dont ever see an option to write to it when I choose export nor the single file output option either. Strange though I didnt have a problem finding the drive when I first imported the movies in.

Also, i currently dont have all my movies in a seperate folder, they are all under 1 movies folder. I am in the process of getting them into a folder by themselves and probably need to reimport library to get that option you speak of.

Also.......this is an extreme pain in the ass having to transfer files back and forth from pc to mac. But its the only option to get this done

Try looking at MacDrive software for the PC. Though I agree a native mac solution would be nice.
That works great fekker, no longer renames my nfo's. Although when i start using it for TV not sure how its going to work, as can tv use something like tv.nfo rather than <episodename>.nfo

Another question to add to the list, in searching the TV options I can choose to only download a certain number of posters and fanarts. Is this possible with Movies as well, cos downloading 8 of them just to pick one seems like alot of bandwidth. Does the download/display option at the top of screen have anything to do with this.

Finally, say i load 3 movies in a hit auto pilot, it grabs all the info and writes the files. If i then add another movie and hit autopilot, does it grab the files just for the new movie, or all 3 old ones as well?

However about even clicking a movie in the left hand list, each time it says "getting tmdb posters" even though I already have a folder.jpg and a movie.tbn.

As you can see I have lots of questions and am not very helpful, cheers for all the help. Looking forward to putting the classification into the mpaa field as well, doing it manually slowly at the moment.
I wonder if it's my stupidity or a possible feature request. Anyway: is there a way to make the Music Sorting Wizard use \{Artist}\{Album}\Track.mp3 structure? Currently it seems it has a problem with various artists albums, as it puts them under \Various {Artist} Various Artists\{Album}\Track.mp3.

Which means that a song by, say, Toto gets moved and renamed to:
Code:
\Various  Toto  Various Artists\25 lat listy przebojów Trójki 1982\Various  Toto  Various Artists - Rosana.mp3
while I'd like it to be moved and renamed to
Code:
\Various Artists\25 lat listy przebojów Trójki 1982\Toto - Rosana.mp3

Another nice feature would be to allow users to pick a name for the "Various Artists" folder, so that all compilations could be stored in one place. Alternatively, there could be a way to exclude "various artists" from automatic sorting altogether so that the users could sort them by hand. Or is there a way to do this now and I'm simply missing it?
Cheers
I know its going to be something really simple, but I did read all the manuals, probably missed something.

I installed Media Info Plus, have that working fine. My little problem is that when I try to add the plugin in XBMC it is not available to select. I am selecting [Add Source] then [Plugin] as the type of source, but Media Info is not being listed as available. How do I tell XBMC to use it? I don't seem to have an option to browse through to it.
Halibutt Wrote:I wonder if it's my stupidity or a possible feature request. Anyway: is there a way to make the Music Sorting Wizard use \{Artist}\{Album}\Track.mp3 structure? Currently it seems it has a problem with various artists albums, as it puts them under \Various {Artist} Various Artists\{Album}\Track.mp3.

Which means that a song by, say, Toto gets moved and renamed to:
Code:
\Various  Toto  Various Artists\25 lat listy przebojów Trójki 1982\Various  Toto  Various Artists - Rosana.mp3
while I'd like it to be moved and renamed to
Code:
\Various Artists\25 lat listy przebojów Trójki 1982\Toto - Rosana.mp3

Another nice feature would be to allow users to pick a name for the "Various Artists" folder, so that all compilations could be stored in one place. Alternatively, there could be a way to exclude "various artists" from automatic sorting altogether so that the users could sort them by hand. Or is there a way to do this now and I'm simply missing it?
Cheers

tried it it never saw my drobo
schwallman Wrote:tried it it never saw my drobo
Errm... What do you mean?

EDIT: BTW, I noticed another bug: it seems the music browser crashes on Cyrillic bands. When clicking on any Russian or Ukrainian band in the list, the following error appears:
Code:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Nie można odnaleźć pliku 'C:\Program Files\MEDIA\MediaInfoPlus\temp\htbackdrops\Сектор газа.html'.
Nazwa pliku: 'C:\Program Files\MEDIA\MediaInfoPlus\temp\htbackdrops\Сектор газа.html'
   w System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   w System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   w System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   w System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
   w System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
   w System.IO.File.ReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding)
   w movieinfoplus.htbackdrops.parsehtml(String& whattoparse, htbackdrops& curhtitem)
   w movieinfoplus.htbackdrops.getdownloadlist(ArrayList& thearraylist, String searchstring)
   w movieinfoplus.maincollection.lbmusicArtist_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
@fekker -

Hey, has there ever been a method implemented to allow for autopilot downloading of extra media images? Now that I've released serenity, I'd like to complete my libraries and make sure everything has extra media images...
Hey fekker i think my post got a bit lost

Really can't get on with the music section.

I have used MIP to sort all my music to a new folder, then i have quite a few that it got wrong, tried changing using change album info but it does nothing.

Also no auto pilot for music? it seems no where near as polished as tv/movies

It also struggles with artist names, i.e Creed & creed it thinks are 2 differnet artists, also decimal placement seem to cause major confusion, ie B.B.King or B.B King again reads as 2 artists, none of this would be a problem if the app had a way to change the info picked up but change album/artist doesnt seem to do anything

Please help, driving me insane
fekker Wrote:in the settings, under the general tab, you can disable those options and it won't download those.. the ones under the general tab are for both movies and shows.. there's also wide images for tv shows, that setting, specific to shows, is under the shows tab.

yes found that! makes things so much quicker, this program rocks! thank you fekker
I'll see what I can get together for a patch tonight with some of the features and fixes that have been requested.

And yup, music is still in it's early days, shows was like that initially as well but has come a long way.

The rename issue for music has two parts.
1) it's only working on mp3's .. drm breaks the other files when I attempt to change anything so i disabled all other file types.
2) you have to change the album and artist for it to rename, that's a bug

I didn't build an auto-pilot for music yet, but it's doable, i'm just really short on time right now.
That's cool fekker, sorry to sound ungrateful, just have over 18,000 to sort so is not really do able without an auto pilot.

That said TV and Movies section is simply brilliant and i don't know how i got on without it, outstanding work.

I will be patient with music, thx for your time mate and keep up the steller work!
It would be nice to be able to add fanart and folder images on a directory base, instead of id3 tag base in the music section. That would give much more control over where the media is being copied to.
Hey fekker, any chance you could answer any of my questions on the previous page. Thanks again for all the hard work.
Fekker,

Great work on this. I have found this program to be extremely useful, and will be donating shorty.

A quick question to Fekker and others on here. I have a large library, over 2000 movies, and a chunk of them are rare/foreign titles with no poster on tmdb or imdb. However, XBMC finds great posters for them on movieposter.db.

Is it possible to have MIP pull from movieposter.db, or have XBMC scrape a poster for me. After scanning with MIP, XBMC doesn't seem to want to overwrite a folder .nfo.

Thanks!
DeanM3 Wrote:Fekker,

Great work on this. I have found this program to be extremely useful, and will be donating shorty.

A quick question to Fekker and others on here. I have a large library, over 2000 movies, and a chunk of them are rare/foreign titles with no poster on tmdb or imdb. However, XBMC finds great posters for them on movieposter.db.

Is it possible to have MIP pull from movieposter.db, or have XBMC scrape a poster for me. After scanning with MIP, XBMC doesn't seem to want to overwrite a folder .nfo.

Thanks!

You could try backing up your videodb, deleting it, and then re-scanning all your titles. I think the effect should be to keep the posters (which are in the thumbnails folder) and scrape new movie info.

I'm *pretty* sure this should work. I know that anytime I delete my DB but forget to delete the thumbs, they all stay the same. This should take advantage of that flaw.

Just make sure to keep a copy of the old videodb in case it doesn't work...