Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, just started using MIP, as others have, to help tag everything correctly in Stark.
I have a test folder that I am using at the moment, which contains 20 movies.

Each movie is in its own folder, together with a fanart, poster, and a current movie.nfo,
I want MIP to just update the nfo, which I have been able to do, by changing the settings to ignore the artwork side.

However when I refresh the nfo through MIP, I seem to be losing my cast details, are these anywhere to view within the gui??, and when I manually type the rating (as not all are formatted for Stark) I click save, its states that it is saved, however it does not actualy write it into the nfo file.

Any help appreciated!
shorn Wrote:OK, just started using MIP, as others have, to help tag everything correctly in Stark.
I have a test folder that I am using at the moment, which contains 20 movies.

Each movie is in its own folder, together with a fanart, poster, and a current movie.nfo,
I want MIP to just update the nfo, which I have been able to do, by changing the settings to ignore the artwork side.

However when I refresh the nfo through MIP, I seem to be losing my cast details, are these anywhere to view within the gui??, and when I manually type the rating (as not all are formatted for Stark) I click save, its states that it is saved, however it does not actualy write it into the nfo file.

Any help appreciated!
what version of mip
please pastebin your config.xml file (it's in the MIP install directory)

image scraper questions
for additional scrapers, i've got one in mind, just haven't had the time i need to get it going properly (getvideoartwork). could add movieposterdb as well at some point. If you enable the setting to pop google images search when adding images, it'll do a google image search for it as well.

Quote:That works great fekker, no longer renames my nfo's. Although when i start using it for TV not sure how its going to work, as can tv use something like tv.nfo rather than <episodename>.nfo
has to be episodename.nfo for xbmc to work

Quote:Another question to add to the list, in searching the TV options I can choose to only download a certain number of posters and fanarts. Is this possible with Movies as well, cos downloading 8 of them just to pick one seems like alot of bandwidth. Does the download/display option at the top of screen have anything to do with this.
i can add it to movies as well.. if in display mode it won't download things (for the most part)

Quote:Finally, say i load 3 movies in a hit auto pilot, it grabs all the info and writes the files. If i then add another movie and hit autopilot, does it grab the files just for the new movie, or all 3 old ones as well?
once files are downloaded, they are kept on your computer and not downloaded again.. it caches them

Quote:However about even clicking a movie in the left hand list, each time it says "getting tmdb posters" even though I already have a folder.jpg and a movie.tbn.
the text will display when downloading or loading the images into the gui

Quote:As you can see I have lots of questions and am not very helpful, cheers for all the help. Looking forward to putting the classification into the mpaa field as well, doing it manually slowly at the moment.
no worries, lots of folks here in the forums are great at helping each other out, i try to answer what I can, but with limited time, i'm putting it more towards the dev side of things right now.

still working on the next patch, it will have a bunch of the requested items in it, with some bug fixes as well (like the filtering for file level movies, few crashes, auto-pilot stopping half way through, etc)
OK, Version 2.0.1.2861
Not sure how to pastebin,

I copied the file data and put into code tags, but it wont let me post it as its over 10000 characters long?
shorn Wrote:OK, Version 2.0.1.2861
Not sure how to pastebin,

I copied the file data and put into code tags, but it wont let me post it as its over 10000 characters long?

please update to 2870 or 2872, i'm pretty sure i fixed that issue in 2870
Just updated to 2870, not tested it out, is there somewhere that I should see the cast info within the gui?
shorn Wrote:Just updated to 2870, not tested it out, is there somewhere that I should see the cast info within the gui?

it won't show up in the gui yet, i never added that part to mip, it's on the feature list to be added
Well just tried again, still not saving cast info or allowing me to manually edit the MPAA/Classifications fields, (well its letting me but its not saving the data to the nfo!)
The option to leave nfos alone is working fine. tyvm

One problem I am having however is settings will not save after the first time the program is run through WINE.
Could you make a button or something to force save the program settings if possible?
Well, finally decided to dive in to the world of nfos and wanted to give MIP a try. So, first off, thanks for all your work on this. I exported my current db from XBMC to individual files, then fired up MIP. It worked great for the most part, however, I had the same problem as smcnally75:

smcnally75 Wrote:Fekker, can MIP scan for tag info on DivX files? It doesn't seem to be working on mine so I was curious if it is even possible.

MIP didn't seem to do anything with divx files. Being a developer myself, I downloaded the code via SVN and took a look through it. Come to find out, you are not supporting divx at all in the code. Take a look at the lines that determine whether a file is compatible by extension and you'll see that divx is not listed.

It started off by fixing that.... then squashing a few more bugs... now I'm getting to the point where I'm rewriting massive amounts of code. I will post the source when I'm done (probably a few weeks, at least), but I'm also redoing the entire GUI to get rid of the Krypton controls so if you decide to use any of it, you'll probably have to re-re-write a lot of the code. lol
After following this post for awhile, I've been very excited to test MIP. Today I had some time to give it a shot, and I have a simle bug-report, plus some basic observations/questions:

1) Simple Bug. When running for the first time, if you choose to add a file-level movie path (section two of the UI), it will get added to the folder-level listbox (section one).

2) Bug/Question? I may be using it wrong, however, I have the "automatically rename" option checked, under settings, yet I do not see the movies being renamed. For exapmle, I was expecting something like "SEVEN_POUNDS_(2008)" to be renamed to "SEVEN POUNDS" based on the filter rules I have selected and the automatic-rename option being checked/active.

3) Question. Is here a tutorial/introduction? The info in this post is primarily technically oriented, not for a "how it's used" or "walkthrough" style piece. If not...

4) Question. I'm a big confused about the overall workflow. Could you give a one or two sentence runthrough? For example, I was assumign the workflow would be something like this:

a) set target-paths
b) choose options
c) execute bulk application on chosen paths based on options
d) browse the results, passively (non-destructively)

However, when I actually ran this.. the "Auto Pilot" does seem to go through every movie, yet it does not seem to load everything. The entire load does not appear to happen until I select each movie. I then chose Pre-Cache, but I noticed in the process, there was another weird behavior -- that every time I selected a file (that had already been loaded) it would *re-load* the data off the Internet (scrape).

5) Question. Is there some option I'm missing, to create the database in a separate directory (which I could map to XBMC's userdata path, etc) so that my .ISO's are not co-mingled with the .tbn/.nfo/fanart, etc?

Thank you in advance!!
nul7 Wrote:Well, finally decided to dive in to the world of nfos and wanted to give MIP a try. So, first off, thanks for all your work on this. I exported my current db from XBMC to individual files, then fired up MIP. It worked great for the most part, however, I had the same problem as smcnally75:

MIP didn't seem to do anything with divx files. Being a developer myself, I downloaded the code via SVN and took a look through it. Come to find out, you are not supporting divx at all in the code. Take a look at the lines that determine whether a file is compatible by extension and you'll see that divx is not listed.

It started off by fixing that.... then squashing a few more bugs... now I'm getting to the point where I'm rewriting massive amounts of code. I will post the source when I'm done (probably a few weeks, at least), but I'm also redoing the entire GUI to get rid of the Krypton controls so if you decide to use any of it, you'll probably have to re-re-write a lot of the code. lol

cool.. please post patches for the non-gui based items. I have a simple gui i've already started (not in svn) that doesn't have any of the krypton controls in it, trying to make it with less features.. and have been slowly removing the code from the maincollection form to support multiple guis.

there's also a basic gui in the mono branch, might be easier then attempting to pull all that out.

you may want to grab 2878 (just uploaded to svn) as there's some additional items in there and some changes.

Quote:rusten
gotta run, but will address the questions later
rusten Wrote:After following this post for awhile, I've been very excited to test MIP. Today I had some time to give it a shot, and I have a simle bug-report, plus some basic observations/questions:

1) Simple Bug. When running for the first time, if you choose to add a file-level movie path (section two of the UI), it will get added to the folder-level listbox (section one).
should be fixed in newer builds, will depend on what installer version you used.

Quote:2) Bug/Question? I may be using it wrong, however, I have the "automatically rename" option checked, under settings, yet I do not see the movies being renamed. For exapmle, I was expecting something like "SEVEN_POUNDS_(2008)" to be renamed to "SEVEN POUNDS" based on the filter rules I have selected and the automatic-rename option being checked/active.
automatic renaming will only work for folder level items.

Quote:3) Question. Is here a tutorial/introduction? The info in this post is primarily technically oriented, not for a "how it's used" or "walkthrough" style piece. If not...
don't think there is one, i'm not too good at making them and mip changes so much they become outdated pretty quick.

if anyone wants to make a youtube video on how to use mip, that would be awesome! .. anyone.. Bueller? ..

Quote:4) Question. I'm a big confused about the overall workflow. Could you give a one or two sentence runthrough? For example, I was assumign the workflow would be something like this:

a) set target-paths
b) choose options
c) execute bulk application on chosen paths based on options
d) browse the results, passively (non-destructively)

However, when I actually ran this.. the "Auto Pilot" does seem to go through every movie, yet it does not seem to load everything. The entire load does not appear to happen until I select each movie. I then chose Pre-Cache, but I noticed in the process, there was another weird behavior -- that every time I selected a file (that had already been loaded) it would *re-load* the data off the Internet (scrape).

I would describe the process as this
install mip, pick your folders for movies shows and tunes
go into the setup and configuration and configure the images you want to download, if your not sure what a setting does, or how xbmc handles data, don't start randomly unchecking things
click on pre-cache on movies to download all the images, if an .nfo is not found you will be prompted to select it
after pre-cache is completed, run auto-pilot to assign the images and .nfo files for your movies
when that is completed, exit and restart MIP .. (this is due to glitch when it loads movie data from .nfo files and some tag information. only needed the first time something is being setup)
start MIP and load your movies, then use the left side filters (movies with problems, missing .nfo, etc..).. i would start with missing .nfo as the other items are based on that
continue with the other filters until your movies are setup the way ya like.

shows... load shows button, wait for everything to finish downloading (it'll take awhile)..

music..
use the music sorting wizard to sort your music to a DIFFERENT FOLDER.. i say this so you can see where mip is going to think your music is.

use mp3tag to sort out the music files (from the folder you used the music sorting wizard to output).. i recommend this because i can't touch drm'd files.
It allows rewriting of tags that MIP can't touch.. i.e. all the DRM'd files.. MIP can only inject or modify tags on mp3 files.. blame drm, when i modify them without loading a bunch of windows crap and drm junk, the files become unusable.. and when i load all the windows stuff that allows me to modify them, i'm stuck with .net 3.5 (which i don't like at all, and it doesn't work in wine).

music note: mip matches based on exact matching ..
Green Day
GreenDay
those are not the same name, mip will put them into different folders.

Quote:5) Question. Is there some option I'm missing, to create the database in a separate directory (which I could map to XBMC's userdata path, etc) so that my .ISO's are not co-mingled with the .tbn/.nfo/fanart, etc?
not currently an option, they have to be with the file or xbmc will not load them.. it's also how mip is coded.. i guess you could get trickey with symlinks under linux, but what a pain that would be to do

Quote:Thank you in advance!!
your welcome
Is there some trick in to getting a MIP tagged movie library in to XBMC? I ran MIP and went through and tagged all my movies (they show up correctly in MIP). I added the parent directory of all of the individual movie directories, set content to movies, and ran the automated scan. It picks up the movies, and I can see the info, but none of the art is loaded (folder image, fan art, etc.).

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Looks like it is working fine on 8.10 for OSX, but I'm hitting the issue in 9.04 on XP. Is there a different way it scans?

EDIT 2: Updated to newest build, problem is gone.
Thank you for the great response!

(1) I'm running the newest build on your website, which installed as 2.0.1.2861, should that minor UI bug be fixed in this release?

(4) I understand your workflow, however, I'm still missing something... Why does MIP reload everything when scrolling from one movie to another, after the "Load Movies, Pre-Cache, Auto-Pilot" is all complete (in that order as well).

(NEW Q) I'm not sure if this is a bug; however, I have disabled/unchecked the option "Create fanart.jpg" and yet I still have fanart being created.

Also, is there an "unattended" mode with closest-match algorithm planned (similar to XBMC's own method of scraping for all movies)? The user could then return to the completed results and edit any mistakes much quicker than having a process that stops and waits for the user upon each cycle?

Thanks again!
Fekker I tried 2861 last night and the filters still don't seem to work for file-level movies. Was this fixed already or is this still on the list? I'd like to, for example, be able to list movies without fanart but selecting it just gives me my whole movie list.