Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just want to say, thanks for the amazing program. I downloaded it about a couple weeks ago and finally finished scanning all my movies (man that took a while) and now have perfect tags in XBMC.
Thanks again.
Got it to run under ubuntu, but it only loads a few of my movies, and when I try to select one I get this error:

http://pastie.org/489306

Please helpSmile

Edit: It loaded all of my movies when I tried the my external drive, which is hfs+ formated(mac user), but same error, the other drive is ext3 and same error as the hfs+ one.

When I click continue in the error box it goes back to the app and the status just says, working on MOVIENAME, If I press quit, the app quits.

I'm running ot on Ubuntu Jaunty and Wine 1.1.22
I just downloaded this. Any ideas why MIP downloads boxes and images that are not relevant to the movie? It seems to do it for practically all of the ones I have scanned so far. Using v2.0.1.2870
Anthony
aroby Wrote:I just downloaded this. Any ideas why MIP downloads boxes and images that are not relevant to the movie? It seems to do it for practically all of the ones I have scanned so far. Using v2.0.1.2870
Anthony

You can disable these in the scanning options.
Gave up getting it to work in Ubuntu and installed in a virtual Windows 7 in Wmware on my Mac, mapped the server as a network drive, but on the first disk it only loads five movies, second a lot more, but certainly not all, same for the third one.
Would anyone know the answer to why it doesn't load all my movies? If it doesn't the app is pretty useless...
If your movies are in seperate folders in the root directory then you have to create a new folder and paste all your movies in there.
Oh wow. that fixed it. Thanks.
Halibutt Wrote:Still don't get it, at first I thought you meant all .vob, .bup and .ifo files in one folder, together with .srt, .tbn and .nfo. However, that doesn't make much sense, as every DVD episode has got files named VIDEO_TS.VOB and one episode would simply overwrite the others.

Sorry for the late reply.

When I rip an episode from a DVD I simply name it as you'd name an AVI, MKV, etc.

ie

The Unit/S01E01.VOB
The Unit/S01E02.VOB
The Unit/S01E03.VOB
The Unit/S01E04.VOB
I'm having annoying trouble with mips.. I was having trouble getting house and heroes to load into the tv show window and tried using developer mode..then i upgraded without turning the dev mode off.. now it will always say it's in dev mode Sad ive updated to 2.0.1.2898..
how can i disable dev mode again ?? clicking in menu doesnt do anything Sad
else a great program Big Grin bug thx
I am having trouble getting MIP recognizing some shows that I know have data but it said it doesnt.
is for the show Freaks and Geeks
DJ_Elo Wrote:I'm having annoying trouble with mips.. I was having trouble getting house and heroes to load into the tv show window and tried using developer mode..then i upgraded without turning the dev mode off.. now it will always say it's in dev mode Sad ive updated to 2.0.1.2898..
how can i disable dev mode again ?? clicking in menu doesnt do anything Sad
else a great program Big Grin bug thx

Delete config.xml?
nah,that didnt do it..had to remove and reinstall the whole app again etc then it worked ..weird Tongue
and yeah..how come on some shows it askes you to select the show on others it will just say no data etc.. ive fixed some like that by manually redoing the nfo in various parts ..but others wont get grabbed no matter what
i have installed MIP but when I click on the patch link it just shows a page of garbled text lol (I sure i'm missing something here)
Hitcher Wrote:Sorry for the late reply.

When I rip an episode from a DVD I simply name it as you'd name an AVI, MKV, etc.

ie

The Unit/S01E01.VOB
The Unit/S01E02.VOB
The Unit/S01E03.VOB
The Unit/S01E04.VOB
And what if there's more than one .vob file in an episode? There's VIDEO_TS.VOB, but also VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01_1.VOB and so on. Do I rename only the video_ts.vob, or should I rename all files?
Cheers