Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks DejaVu77,

With the various frameworks Zarquon has created, most things are that simple to add. Just a matter of following things backwards from where they are output in the widgets to the functions which do the work. If you want write access just give me a pm.

If anyone wants to help make a list of sql statements xbmc makes for each json request (by looking at xbmc debug logs) that would be great. We are working on allowing MFP to work directly with the database as a fallback for when xbmc isn't on (particularly for client-server setups).

Cheers!
DejaVu77 Wrote:From what I've seen adding
to the wControl.php
and then

to the xbmcjsonlib.php file should then create the Reboot function for MFP...?

If this being the case, it's obviously just one of them mundane jobs, but if it helps you guys out to improve other things, I'll get bang on it and PM the 2 files once complete.

Sorry for the question, but thought I'd better make sure I'm correct first. Smile
Code Manipulation is OK. Writing this stuff from scratch is going to take some patience!
Obviously, I'll make sure that the correct function is called by checking with JSON's wording. Smile

--EDIT--
I feel real clever. Thanks for the advice Zarquon. I managed to get Reboot, Hibernate, Suspend and Exit working. Smile
I think all it needs now is a notification that it's happening. Smile

PM'd the bits I added. Didnt take long either! Chuffed Big Grin

Great work and thanks, I have merged this into the code base. The notification actually may be redundant but is doable.

This project isn't super complex and any help is appreciated, and more would be great; see above post by nick8888.
Clown Wrote:I'm imagining one of those movable widget boxes, but instead of Recent Movies or something it would be filled with the results of an RSS Feed. This is what it looks like in Google Reader -
The Framework we have built should make this doable, I don't plan on writing one, selfish I know but their is a lot to do and this isn't some thing I would use.Smile

I will say if there is a bunch of desire then I think we need a couple of things added to the frame work to make this really good:
  1. A way to add widgets that are not part of the default to the system.
  2. A way to save parameters for the widgets. Specifically for an RSS Widet is the feed details.
Zarquon Wrote:Ok I have incorporated those changes. I have not added the speed limiter yet but I have laid the groundwork to make additional actions fairly easy to add.

Thanks a lot it's what I had in mind. A couple of things to fix tho:

got to add an image for the delete button - I was using this.

Also just saw that the foreach loop on the item queues doesn't work on an empty queue, have to check if the "noofslots" is 0 ( I thought I had that before, but I can do the code for you if you need).

And lastly the timeleft is being printed on the total progress bar and before it, maybe just pick one?

But thanks a lot for adding those things. Glad part of what I did was put in use.
Is it possible to integrate the Logo for TV Shows anywhere into this? Most I gather are using them (or should be!).
Perhaps replace the name of the show for the IMG instead in the coming episodes widget and make this optional in the Config.php?

I've been looking at trying to pull the logo.png from JSON, but either it's not possible or not documented yet...? Would make it the first Web Interface to use it I tihnk....!
That's a good idea, I was also thinking about integrating the logo's. It would be nice in the coming episodes widget but from what I understand, the widget is just a copy from the sickbeard page so I wasn't sure if it was possible.
Highslide has been pushed onto the ComingEpisodes widget, can the logo's be used as a replacement using a similar way I wonder.

Perhaps with a 'Use TV Logo - Yes' in the config.php

I think our pro Zarquon should know more.

As for the RSS Feed Widget mentioned earlier - top banana!

--EDIT--
Had a little go at trying to parse an RSS feed and create a Widget for it... AND OMFG! I pulled it off. At the moment, I have a Widget on my MFP displaying the newest stuff and matches too! I'm sooo impressed with myself and how EASY it is to add your own Widgets!
Widget for RSS made. Will explain everything 2mora!!
--------

A simple click and it's added to SabNZBd in the correct download Category - Dam right that's something I would use!

Music Category added instantly would be superb - nothing exists for that yet Wink

One day I WILL be a coder! Nerd
DejaVu77 Wrote:Is it possible to integrate the Logo for TV Shows anywhere into this? Most I gather are using them (or should be!).
Perhaps replace the name of the show for the IMG instead in the coming episodes widget and make this optional in the Config.php?

I've been looking at trying to pull the logo.png from JSON, but either it's not possible or not documented yet...? Would make it the first Web Interface to use it I tihnk....!

Logo for TV Shows? Are we talking about Banners?
DejaVu77 Wrote:Highslide has been pushed onto the ComingEpisodes widget, can the logo's be used as a replacement using a similar way I wonder.

--EDIT--
Had a little go at trying to parse an RSS feed and create a Widget for it... AND OMFG! I pulled it off. At the moment, I have a Widget on my MFP displaying the newest stuff and matches too! I'm sooo impressed with myself and how EASY it is to add your own Widgets!

--------

A simple click and it's added to SabNZBd in the correct download Category - Dam right that's something I would use!

Music Category added instantly would be superb - nothing exists for that yet Wink

Great. Glad your were able to make your own widget. This is what we were hoping for when we put the Widget Framework together. Looking forward to seeing your code.
Zarquon Wrote:Logo for TV Shows? Are we talking about Banners?

Nope, Clearart logo's that are downloaded with certain skins in XBMC
http://www.lockstockmods.net/clearart/

They look great attached to Skins like 'Night' and 'Shade'

They generally live at /TV Shows/Breaking Bad/logo.png
(Same place as the TBN's)

I'm involved with making quite a few so far!
They can be scaled down with HTML width/height as they are all the same size (400x155).

Zarquon Wrote:The Framework we have built should make this doable, I don't plan on writing one, selfish I know but their is a lot to do and this isn't some thing I would use.Smile

I will say if there is a bunch of desire then I think we need a couple of things added to the frame work to make this really good:
  1. A way to add widgets that are not part of the default to the system.
  2. A way to save parameters for the widgets. Specifically for an RSS Widet is the feed details.
Saving widget parameters and global parameters is high on my list of priorities. I have little knowledge of how to do it at the moment though apart from using mysql which I don't really want to have as a requirement if we don't have to. How about php5-sqlite?? Okay, tried this out and it seems to me to be a pretty decent way to do it.

DejaVu77 Wrote:Is it possible to integrate the Logo for TV Shows anywhere into this? Most I gather are using them (or should be!).

AFAIK, logos aren't even supported by xbmc. They are simply implemented by skins. From what I have seen, the json server only sends thumbnails and fanart.

gugahoi Wrote:That's a good idea, I was also thinking about integrating the logo's. It would be nice in the coming episodes widget but from what I understand, the widget is just a copy from the sickbeard page so I wasn't sure if it was possible.

Zarquon has made it so MFP manipulates the sickbeard page before outputing it so pretty much anything is possible. Check the mobile interface for instance.

DejaVu77 Wrote:Highslide has been pushed onto the ComingEpisodes widget, can the logo's be used as a replacement using a similar way I wonder.

--EDIT--
--------

Thats great. i'm interested to see how you've achieved it. Sending to Sab is awesome! Sab does allow you to send to a specific category such as music, will just have to look into it.
I finally managed to get an RSS Feed into the Widget, just a few minor issues to iron out - like commiting to Git!

It's a dropbox that shows feed from a section of the main sites. At the moment, only NZBMatrix is configured, but others can easily be added.

Here's the screenshot of it in action.

Will be looking into making these more friendly names using Regular Expressions and perhaps a scrolling widget box would be good to be able to load loads with ruining the interface.

At the moment, links just go to to NZB Info page, but I hope to link to the NZB and eventually add them directly into SabNZBd from a single click (hopefully)...!
This is looking real good, congrats on the acomplishment!

I don't have the drop down category list here by the way.

But I'm looking at the rss widget and having a go at getting the link to add straight to SAB, but ran into a barrier.

When I try to load the link using these instructions

Code:
Add by URL

Added in 0.3
Priority added in 0.5
Shortest:
URL: api?mode=addurl&name=http://www.example.com/example.nzb&nzbname=NiceName
Full:
URL: api?mode=addurl&name=http://www.example.com/example.nzb&pp=3&script=customscript.cmd&cat=Example&priority=-1&nzbname=NiceName
Description: pp, script, cat and priority are all optional. This example adds the nzb into the queue marked as low priority, assigned with a categoriy of "Example", to execute "customscript.cmd" once finished, and with the unpacking option 3 (Repair, Unpack and Delete)
Allows full newzbin and nzbmatrix links (no need to parse out the ID).

the url I use from the nzbmatrix website also has an &apikey part and sab is mixing them saying INCORRECT API KEY. Is there a way to specify which api key sab should use? ALready tried changing the order which sab key is in the url and no luck.
gugahoi Wrote:I don't have the drop down category list here by the way.
Updated Smile

Quote:But I'm looking at the rss widget and having a go at getting the link to add straight to SAB, but ran into a barrier.
Only just started looking into this too - Let me have a look see.
Just realised the dilemma.

2 apikey variables in the same URL. Hmmmm