Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SleepyP Wrote:The only weird thing I found was that if you launch a video from a widget using the old stable version of XBMC, basically none of the video meta-data is available. I mean like the interface only gives you the filename and fanart path for the file that is playing. Its really weird. The nightly builds with the newer interface do NOT do this, they always give you nice meta-data. Just a heads-up in case you are using the old XBMC and are like "hey why does it only show my movie info some of the timeHuh"

I think this was a bug in the jsonrpc. Not sure if they fixed it for the last stable release of xbmc but I think it affected videos which were launched using jsonrpc. Though I may have made that up..

Quote:Almost forgot, this means I'm just about ready to close my ticket on the JSON compatibility issue. The only other thing on my roadmap was the offline / networking stuff, which is a completely different topic.
Is that a request for another ticket? I've got the "finish xbmc library widget" one if you are wanting something else. If not, I will be able to dedicate time to it soon.
gugahoi Wrote:Ok, I think I've got it. Try getting my latest repo and see if the trakt widget works for you. I don't think the problem was with XAMPP since I run it on my laptop and it has always worked for me. But now it also works in Apache for Ubuntu so hopefully this means it works for everyone.

Thanks gugahoi, it indeed is now working!!! Very cool. A few requests, which would be great to include:

1) Get "minimal poster" running again. Actually, I love the way how "minimal banner" is designed and also that it only fills half of the page leaving space for other thing underneath. Maybe, it would be possible to have "minimal posters" designed exactly the same way, but add the "episode name and number" right next to the poster. Do you know what I am thinking of and does it make sense?

2) Could the trakt.tv look the same was as the "coming episodes one" - larger posters, movie title next to the poster, showing around 10 movies instead of just 1, same height.

3) Could the trakt.tv be optionally showing only movies or only tv shows?
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks gugahoi, it indeed is now working!!! Very cool. A few requests, which would be great to include:

1) Get "minimal poster" running again. Actually, I love the way how "minimal banner" is designed and also that it only fills half of the page leaving space for other thing underneath. Maybe, it would be possible to have "minimal posters" designed exactly the same way, but add the "episode name and number" right next to the poster. Do you know what I am thinking of and does it make sense?

2) Could the trakt.tv look the same was as the "coming episodes one" - larger posters, movie title next to the poster, showing around 10 movies instead of just 1, same height.

3) Could the trakt.tv be optionally showing only movies or only tv shows?
1. Should be pretty easy to get a minimal posters, other alterations might be possible too.

2. I've got bigger plans for the trakt widget, but right now it is not my focus. I want to add almost 100% of the available functionality from the trakt api into the widget. I haven't yet thought how it's going to be displaying everything but I don't think it will change a lot from what it looks now. The purpose of the widget for me right now is to have a little space in MFP where I can discover new things, possibly add them to CP/Sickbeard straight from there. Don't want it to be a major attention hog from everything else. Maybe in the future this can be completely changed, but for now I'm happy with the way it is.

3. Yes that is possible. Again have to think on how to implement it, but it is possible. Maybe 1 widget for movies and another for tv shows or something.

drunkendragon Wrote:@gugahoi Trakt is working with your latest repo!
I didn't know it was broken for other people too. Good to know it works now.
gugahoi Wrote:1. Should be pretty easy to get a minimal posters, other alterations might be possible too.

That would be great, thanks!!!

gugahoi Wrote:2. I've got bigger plans for the trakt widget, but right now it is not my focus. I want to add almost 100% of the available functionality from the trakt api into the widget. I haven't yet thought how it's going to be displaying everything but I don't think it will change a lot from what it looks now. The purpose of the widget for me right now is to have a little space in MFP where I can discover new things, possibly add them to CP/Sickbeard straight from there. Don't want it to be a major attention hog from everything else. Maybe in the future this can be completely changed, but for now I'm happy with the way it is.

Sounds great to see you having bigger plans with it!!! :-) I am actually looking for something where I can see all the "latest & greatest movies" and from that I can add to CP directly. The top-10 movies (watched-weekly or trending) could serve this purpose.

Anyhow, I love it how it is right now and will just wait once you come up with something new with trakt.

Thanks to you and all for all your great work!!!
Right, if you are using the 10.1 "Stable" build of XBMC, videos started from the JSON appear to have that problem. Nightly builds do NOT have this problem, the issue has been resolved during the upgrade to the new interface. Further, this is an issue with XBMC itself and not something with MFP, so there's nothing more to be done about it. The solution is to use an updated version of XBMC where the issue has been resolved.
Can anybody else confirm that the Now Playing stuff works as expected in the Nightlies?
I figure the stuff I just checked in today should get tested out before I do a Pull Request and close the associated tickets on Lighthouse.
gugahoi Wrote:I don't think that's a bug, I think dejavu designed it this way. If you enable the minimal banner view, the scroll works just fine.

I thought there was mention of it on lighthouse with regards to it not working on firefox. I'll look and see if I can find the post
SleepyP Wrote:Hey guys, posted an Apache Hints page over here:
http://mediafrontpage.lighthouseapp.com/...tion-hints

Figured out how to make Apache automatically take care of providing username / password as it proxies, so no more semi-random double login prompts! I wrote it up pretty much in one go, so contribute edits / suggestions as you see fit Smile

Thanks for the link. This has been long on my to-do list and I am now trying to make it happen. Unfortunately, I didn't get it to work though. Using Uniform/Win7. Below my conf file. Any thoughts what I am missing?

<VirtualHost *>
SSLProxyEngine on
ProxyRequests On
ProxyPreserveHost Off
ErrorLog logs/mfp_error_log
TransferLog logs/mfp_access_log
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Restricted"
AuthUserFile ../../../htpasswd/www/.htpasswd
Require valid-user
</Proxy>
<Location /sabnzbd>
RequestHeader set Authorization "HASH"
ProxyPass http://192.168.1.120:9000/sabnzbd
ProxyPassReverse http://192.168.1.120:9000/sabnzbd
</Location>
</VirtualHost>
Hey gugahoi,

I started condensing all your preg_match, it currently down to two, though I still need to do my testing on my windows box here shortly with Safari and so I have useragent string. When it is complete how do you prefer it submitted to you, as a diff patch file or the whole wSystem.php?
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for the link. This has been long on my to-do list and I am now trying to make it happen. Unfortunately, I didn't get it to work though. Using Uniform/Win7. Below my conf file. Any thoughts what I am missing?

<VirtualHost *>
SSLProxyEngine on
ProxyRequests On
ProxyPreserveHost Off
ErrorLog logs/mfp_error_log
TransferLog logs/mfp_access_log
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Restricted"
AuthUserFile ../../../htpasswd/www/.htpasswd
Require valid-user
</Proxy>
<Location /sabnzbd>
RequestHeader set Authorization "HASH"
ProxyPass http://192.168.1.120:9000/sabnzbd
ProxyPassReverse http://192.168.1.120:9000/sabnzbd
</Location>
</VirtualHost>
RequestHeader set Authorization "HASH" should be
RequestHeader set Authorization "Basic HASH"
Otherwise Apache won't know which kind of authentication to be using.
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for the link. This has been long on my to-do list and I am now trying to make it happen. Unfortunately, I didn't get it to work though. Using Uniform/Win7. Below my conf file. Any thoughts what I am missing?
Saying it doesn't work, doesn't help very much. Try and include which stage it fails at and error messages/logs.
_Mikie_ Wrote:I thought there was mention of it on lighthouse with regards to it not working on firefox. I'll look and see if I can find the post

I think that mention is to the highslide in the coming epsodes. Not the scroll bar.

CoinTos Wrote:Hey gugahoi,

I started condensing all your preg_match, it currently down to two, though I still need to do my testing on my windows box here shortly with Safari and so I have useragent string. When it is complete how do you prefer it submitted to you, as a diff patch file or the whole wSystem.php?

Fantastic!! It doesn't matter to me, whichever way is better for you.
Nick8888 Wrote:Saying it doesn't work, doesn't help very much. Try and include which stage it fails at and error messages/logs.

I have added "Basic" before the HASH as per Sleepy's suggestion above. Unfortunately, I still don't get it to work. When entering server-IP/sabnzbd, I am getting the following error message:

* Not Found
* The requested URL /sabnzbd was not found on this server.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Ahh, see that helps. A couple of questions.
1-You said you put this stuff in your "conf file". Which one? Where is the file?
2-If you open a browser to http://192.168.1.120:9000/sabnzbd, does that work? It should open the SABnzbd interface with a password prompt.
3-Since making the configuration changes, have you restarted your web server?
steve1977 Wrote:1) Get "minimal poster" running again. Actually, I love the way how "minimal banner" is designed and also that it only fills half of the page leaving space for other thing underneath. Maybe, it would be possible to have "minimal posters" designed exactly the same way, but add the "episode name and number" right next to the poster. Do you know what I am thinking of and does it make sense?

Is this what you had in mind?

SleepyP Wrote:Ahh, see that helps. A couple of questions.
1-You said you put this stuff in your "conf file". Which one? Where is the file?
2-If you open a browser to http://192.168.1.120:9000/sabnzbd, does that work? It should open the SABnzbd interface with a password prompt.
3-Since making the configuration changes, have you restarted your web server?

Thanks for your quick reply. To your questions:

ad 1) I created a new one following the instruction ("zzz-mfp.conf) and put it in "/usr/local/apache2" together with the other conf files.
ad 2) yes, this works, but the username/password is the "old" one (same as for the hash) and not the one from MFP/.htpassw
ad 3) yes

Any more thoughts?