Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DejaVu77 Wrote:My uTorrent Widget on page 67 has just been repaired. I had wracked my brains for ages because I knew I had it working perfectly before... Open iFrame tag! Doh! Wink

Use and abuse to your hearts content!

hey this how i edited the utorrent widget and it does not required as long as you enter in the widget

<?php
$wdgtuTorrent = array("name" => "uTorrent", "type" => "inline", "function" => "widgetuTorrent();");
$wIndex["wuTorrent"] = $wdgtuTorrent;

function widgetuTorrent() {
echo "<iframe src='http://user: pass@localhost:8181/gui/' frameborder='0' scrolling='auto' width='100%' height='300'></iframe>";
}

?>

thank you for this widget also the widget could look lil nice if it didnt have the scrolling bar on the bottom and change the green to orange
DejaVu77 Wrote:My uTorrent Widget on page 67 has just been repaired. I had wracked my brains for ages because I knew I had it working perfectly before... Open iFrame tag! Doh! Wink

Use and abuse to your hearts content!

Hey dude,
Good job... hahah such a silly mistake.
Now that you got it fixed, why don't you do a pull request to update my repo too? I've added you as a collaborator to my repo by the way.

And I'm also gonna have to read around to see the other 4 sections stuff. I've been busy this weekend so just give me some time to catch up.
hernandito Wrote:What do you guys think? I made it 4 sections...

I get a small "loading" box when I refresh the page... not sure if its happening because I have downloads happening, and movie playing at the same time. But I do not get it when using the 3 section version.

DejaVu77 Wrote:Gugahoi! This needs adding matey! Smile

What would be good is the option from 3 to 4 columns....!?

I agree the real estate increase is welcome! And in a way I do like how it's done but I've been doing some thinking and I believe there could be a better way to get around this.

I don't know how feasible this is, as I haven't looked at this part of the code but anyway, I'll write my ideas here and we can possibly get more inputs and improvements on it.

What I've been thinking for sometime is if there's a possibility to have a widget running in multiple sections, so that some widgets are able to take more real estate then others e.g. I don't use the library widget all that much but still like the option to have it around. So I'd like the widget to take the least amount of space possible. So what I've been thinking is if it would be possible to divide things in sections but have some widgets that could be considered more important take multiple sections.

One idea I came up with would be to divide everything 10 equally spaced sections (could be more, could be less) and assign say the Coming episodes to 5 sections (half the page). I think this would be ideal for most people as it gives more flexibility. What do you guys think?
gugahoi Wrote:@steve

Check your permissions.

Permissions look fine. Also, I can open the layout.php file and also edit directly. I tried to chnage the order by changing the layout.php directly, but also that doesn't work. It just sticks to the default order. Anyone using Chrome can confirm this is working?
steve1977 Wrote:Permissions look fine. Also, I can open the layout.php file and also edit directly. I tried to chnage the order by changing the layout.php directly, but also that doesn't work. It just sticks to the default order. Anyone using Chrome can confirm this is working?

I do, and it works fine for me mate.
gugahoi Wrote:I do, and it works fine for me mate.

Layout.php is the "right" file, isn't it? You are saying that you can edit directly tha layout.php file and order changes? Do you need to restart or can you even do it while staying online?

*edit* just noticed that it will do what I want to do when editing the default-layout.php file (the layout.php has no function right now). Is this how it is supposed to be?
gugahoi Wrote:I agree the real estate increase is welcome! And in a way I do like how it's done but I've been doing some thinking and I believe there could be a better way to get around this.

I don't know how feasible this is, as I haven't looked at this part of the code but anyway, I'll write my ideas here and we can possibly get more inputs and improvements on it.

What I've been thinking for sometime is if there's a possibility to have a widget running in multiple sections, so that some widgets are able to take more real estate then others e.g. I don't use the library widget all that much but still like the option to have it around. So I'd like the widget to take the least amount of space possible. So what I've been thinking is if it would be possible to divide things in sections but have some widgets that could be considered more important take multiple sections.

One idea I came up with would be to divide everything 10 equally spaced sections (could be more, could be less) and assign say the Coming episodes to 5 sections (half the page). I think this would be ideal for most people as it gives more flexibility. What do you guys think?

Sounds awesome....

On a separate note, I would love to add a second "Now Playing" widget that uses a separate IP address from a second XBMC device.

I tried all day yesterday copying the current widget and changing variables around so it could read as a new widget and had no luck. I kept getting a blank page displayed.
hernandito Wrote:Sounds awesome....

On a separate note, I would love to add a second "Now Playing" widget that uses a separate IP address from a second XBMC device.

I tried all day yesterday copying the current widget and changing variables around so it could read as a new widget and had no luck. I kept getting a blank page displayed.

I'll take a look into this, sounds like an easy thing to do - but it probably isnt! Smile

Love the widget. I was able to tweak the colors to match my scheme... Thank you!!!

Have you given some thought to a JDownloader version....?
allen00se Wrote:yeah I actually already tried using that interval, unfortunately the interval variable is called by a case statement and it only applies if "type=ajax" and the only way I have figured out how to build a widget so far is with "type=inline"... ill keep working on it.

Hey allen00se,
through developing a Transmission widget, I realised I would also need auto refresh and I managed to do it. If you understand the code from the sab widget then just have a brief look into the different set it had in the wSab array up the top ("call", "block"...) and it is basically copy and paste. My Transmission widget seems to refresh just the same!
Updated my Repo with uTorrent widget and added a branch with the Transmission widget for all of you who may want to follow the development of that.
steve1977 Wrote:Layout.php is the "right" file, isn't it? You are saying that you can edit directly tha layout.php file and order changes? Do you need to restart or can you even do it while staying online?

*edit* just noticed that it will do what I want to do when editing the default-layout.php file (the layout.php has no function right now). Is this how it is supposed to be?

This is not how it's supposed to be. layout.php should be the one in use! And I'm sorry but I have no idea how this could happen spontaneously!
Can an 'Add Movie to CouchPotato' Widget be created using the information from this thread?

http://couchpotato.lighthouseapp.com/pro...ctionality

It seems as though it would to me...

Note to self
LEARN MORE ABOUT CREATING STUFF. I find it quite frustrating I cannot bend my head around some of this! Sad
gugahoi Wrote:Updated my Repo with uTorrent widget and added a branch with the Transmission widget for all of you who may want to follow the development of that.

i use your repo and just tryed the uTorrent widget and its not working or showing any error msg its just a blank
RaNaMaster Wrote:i use your repo and just tryed the uTorrent widget and its not working or showing any error msg its just a blank

webui.zip needs editting within uTorrents Appdata directory.

Instructions.

Also, did you add your uTorrent Web Interface URL to the config.php?