Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I havent taken into account the Minimal Coming Episodes CSS's. Let me change mine and see if it vanishes. I reckon it will because that is stripping out stuff once it loads.

Go back to the original and I bet it works. Smile

--EDIT--
Yep, thats the cause. As far as I'm concerned that's the minimal coming episodes fault and needs fixing :p
DejaVu Wrote:I havent taken into account the Minimal Coming Episodes CSS's. Let me change mine and see if it vanishes. I reckon it will because that is stripping out stuff once it loads.

Go back to the original and I bet it works. Smile

--EDIT--
Yep, thats the cause. As far as I'm concerned that's the minimal coming episodes fault and needs fixing :p

Forgot about that completely. It works very nicely. Any chance you tell me how to get that working in my repo?
I'll upload the changes to yours and you can have a look-see.
Shall I add everything? The 4 Columns and Sub Menu too?

Hopefully, I wont mess yours up doing it...! Wink

I'm going to add it to the origin master, then you can merge you IMDB branch.
hernandito Wrote:PS Deja.... since you did all that work for the scroller, do you think you could tackle the nesting drop down menus you mentioned in the past... To have some items in Nav bar be drop down context type menus would be killer.

I don't think this would be as easy as it seems as mfp uses frames.
Yep, Floating Div's or CSS can never overlap a Frameset. Sad

CSS's Absolute/Relative will treat a frame as it's own separate window and will not jump out of it... As it would not a full window.

I have been thinking about this frameset business and although it was an easy solution in the beginning, would changing the Frameset to a PHP Include instead be a big job - I'm thinking probably yes, but think it's probably worth it.

Anyone else on the same page?

Gugahoi's Git's been updated with my latest changes. Just hoping it doesn't mess up the new IMDB/Couch Potato stuff he's been working on.
Nick8888 Wrote:I don't think this would be as easy as it seems as mfp uses frames.

I've done that already. Will add it soon.

DejaVu Wrote:I'll upload the changes to yours and you can have a look-see.
Shall I add everything? The 4 Columns and Sub Menu too?

Hopefully, I wont mess yours up doing it...! Wink

I'm going to add it to the origin master, then you can merge you IMDB branch.

Could you cerate a branch and add it there? Since I still like the minimal version of Coming Episodes so I'm not ready to give that up yet. To be completely honest, I would prefer to know how the modifications are done. I know how to get the 4 columns already. I would like to know how to do the SubNav menu and the scroller too but not implemented into by master branch as I still want to do some modifications and also want to create an EXTRAS folder with some of the modifications such as hernanditos "utorrent and transmission iframe" widgets and CSS's.

I'm just trying to find a way to gather all modifications.

edit: Oops seems like you already updated my branch. No problems, I'll just transfer it to another branch for now. I still want to learn how to do the modifications tho, starting with the Scroll Bar and Sub Nav menu.
ConfusedConfused SadSad

I was trying to work remotely and I wiped out the entire drive where I had all my MFP folder with all my modifications.... I lost everything. No backup, nothing posted anywhere.

I am trying some Unix recovery... I would be happy just to get my config.php and css folder back.
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I think this is my fault as I was just now ready to get your modifications !!!! That's why you should upload your stuff to GIT!!! I'll give you permissions to write to the repo right now and now you can always upload your modifications and not run the risk to lose them!
gugahoi Wrote:edit: Oops seems like you already updated my branch. No problems, I'll just transfer it to another branch for now. I still want to learn how to do the modifications tho, starting with the Scroll Bar and Sub Nav menu.
Sorry mate. Missed this shoulda waited for a reply.

Most my edits have comments in them as well that'll explain the process - sort of.

The original came from here - http://manos.malihu.gr/jquery-custom-content-scroller
Third one across in the picture.

gugahoi Wrote:OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I think this is my fault as I was just now ready to get your modifications !!!! That's why you should upload your stuff to GIT!!! I'll give you permissions to write to the repo right now and now you can always upload your modifications and not run the risk to lose them!
I think I have some of your stuff that you uploaded tio Mediafire - they are in this thread in places anyway. Just a bit of nightmare having to put them all back in. I've backuped my config.php about 3 times and have a few RAR files of the www file too from layouts I like.

Then I can mess up as much as I like and it doesnt matter too much! Wink

All your posts in this thread, if it helps - http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?searchid=8372779

gugahoi Wrote:I've done that already.
Drop down menus over a frameset!!?
DejaVu Wrote:Sorry mate. Missed this shoulda waited for a reply.

Most my edits have comments in them as well that'll explain the process - sort of.

The original came from here - http://manos.malihu.gr/jquery-custom-content-scroller
Third one across in the picture.

No problems. I don't care that much. I just want to know how to make these modifications cause soon I want to incorporate them.

Quote:I think I have some of your stuff that you uploaded tio Mediafire - they are in this thread in places anyway. Just a bit of nightmare having to put them all back in. I've backuped my config.php about 3 times and have a few RAR files of the www file too from layouts I like.

Then I can mess up as much as I like and it doesnt matter too much! Wink

All your posts in this thread, if it helps - http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?searchid=8372779

Drop down menus over a frameset!!?

I zip the entire website every master git update and name them with the date. This way I can always go back to a time where it was working and they only take a couple of megs anyway.

I also believe you guys were trying to get something like this working....?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ejENxh464M

What do you think?
I've done it arse about face, but I just forked from your master now, so you can go back in time now if you like. That way I get all the correct edit dates. Wink

Liking that though...
But I think we were more geared up towards something like this - but probably a pipe dream. Sad
http://d2o0t5hpnwv4c1.cloudfront.net/386...index.html
Nothing is anyone's fault....just plain dumbness on my part. I now have to wait about 20+ hours to see the recovery results...

We need to come up with a method how to structure the whole thing... There are too many options to figure out. For example, I am a big fan of 4 sections, the sub Navigation bar and my light color scheme.

What if someone wants 3 sections, sub navigation links and dark color.

Color may be an easy replacement of the css folder and the odd widget with inline formatting.
hernandito Wrote:Nothing is anyone's fault....just plain dumbness on my part. I now have to wait about 20+ hours to see the recovery results...

We need to come up with a method how to structure the whole thing... There are too many options to figure out. For example, I am a big fan of 4 sections, the sub Navigation bar and my light color scheme.

What if someone wants 3 sections, sub navigation links and dark color.

Color may be an easy replacement of the css folder and the odd widget with inline formatting.

Haha I was just kidding.

Exactly, that's why I want to learn these modifications. Cause this way it will be easier to figure out how to make them optional. So you feel like teaching me the sub nav menu modifications?
sleepyp Wrote:one other issue i noticed: When using the nzb.su / nzbmatrix search widget, to the left of each search result is a sabnzbd logo button. I have tried a lot of different settings, and clicking this button consistently causes a little pop-up notifcation that says "problem calling sabnzdd+. Ok". What's extra weird is that the item i click on is actually added to my sab queue.

I initially had my sabnzbd set up to require a username & password and use https, but i have since relaxed all that stuff in my settings for testing purposes. No effect, the widget still does that. Any ideas?

fixed!
gugahoi Wrote:Haha I was just kidding.

Exactly, that's why I want to learn these modifications. Cause this way it will be easier to figure out how to make them optional. So you feel like teaching me the sub nav menu modifications?

I'll try and explain (from memory).

--4 Columns--
Widget.css has an extra section (section4) added. All 4 sections add up to 100% of the width and can be adjusted in there. IE 27%, 23%, 30%, 20%.
layout.php has also had a 4 section added and the 4th column created.

--Submenu-
The Frameset (with nav.php in) has been stretched at the top from 35 to 62px to make it larger.
Nav.php has also had handles made for navlink1, navlink2 and navlink3. Explanation to there functions are in the Config.php. navlink2 opens in the frame. navlink3 opens a new tag (might be the other way round). nav.css has also got some stuff added for it. Not sure what the other is for, perhaps new page?

I think that covers it...

Not sure about the layout, I'm sure it was mainly an edited front.css, but I think this can be overidden using the $customstylesheet in config.php anyway.