Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DPickles Wrote:Here we go:

Ok since you said the server is in a Live installation (and Live is ubuntu based right?) I found a few things that could be causing the problem. The first one would be this. Seems like the size of an xml file is limited in Apache for ubuntu or something.

Give it a try and let me know.
Odd thing is that I can't seem to find Suhosin installed on the system. I'll keep having a look around and let you know what I come up with.
I'll tell you what. I had ubuntu installed on a partition in my Windows system. I'm going to try and see if that still there, and install everything there to test it out. Seems like a lot of people have linux so it would be good if I could test on it too.
Quote:root@XBMCLive:~# dpkg -s php5-suhosin
Package `php5-suhosin' is not installed and no info is available.
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.

From what I understand and I could very much be completely wrong. Ubuntu comes with suhosin by default. As I said. I could be wrong. I just can't figure out what to edit now Big Grin
DPickles Wrote:From what I understand and I could very much be completely wrong. Ubuntu comes with suhosin by default. As I said. I could be wrong. I just can't figure out what to edit now Big Grin

Crap. I really thought this was the problem. This is killing me! hahaha

On the process of reinstalling ubuntu server in my windows machine. Never really played around with Linux a lot, so I have no idea how long it will take to set everything up. What server does XBMC Live uses? Apache, XAMPP, or what?
Haha, sorry for being a pain. Still, it should be worth it Wink

Apache

Quote:aptitude install php5 php5-gd php5-common apache2 libapache2-mod-php5

That should do the job. Pretty sure it's everything I installed as well.
DPickles Wrote:Haha, sorry for being a pain. Still, it should be worth it Wink

Apache

That should do the job. Pretty sure it's everything I installed as well.

Thanks that's done. Just installing a gui now as I'm not a command line person. Should be done soon. Any other tips/commands you can give me to speed up my installation?
Not off the top of my head really. You server directory should be located in "/var/www". Seems silly to point out, but if you're not used to ubuntu/Live etc. It can get a bit confusing as to where everything is located.
gugahoi Wrote:Hmmm, add this in line 161, inside the catch statement and post what you get.

PHP Code:
    catch(Exception $e){    
echo 
"Error: $e";

I installed the JD Remote plugin, entered the port in config.php; and I also get the Malformed Request. I edited line 161, and this is what I get:

Code:
Error: exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /mnt/user/www/mediafrontpage2/widgets/wjDownloader.php:41 Stack trace: #0 /mnt/user/www/mediafrontpage2/widgets/wjDownloader.php(41): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /mnt/user/www/mediafrontpage2/widgets/wjDownloader.php(246): widgetjDownloader() #2 {main}

I have jDownloader installed in my local Windows machine; MFP is installed on my unRAID server, which is located in /mnt/user/www/mediafrontpage2/

Thanks.
DPickles Wrote:Not off the top of my head really. You server directory should be located in "/var/www". Seems silly to point out, but if you're not used to ubuntu/Live etc. It can get a bit confusing as to where everything is located.

Might have some bad news for ya. Seems like jDownloader widget is working for me. Not exactly as I wanted but it seems like it does work. I'm gonna do some more testing tomorrow.

Would you happen to know how to get all these programs (CP, Sickbeard, Sab, transmission, jdownloder and xbmc ) how to autostart in linux?

edit: There's actually one more thing I can think of: Do you have a lot of downloads in the queue? If so, do they contain weird letters like & or something?

Could you try and empty the queue and than add a single download to it and see if you still get that message?
hernandito Wrote:I installed the JD Remote plugin, entered the port in config.php; and I also get the Malformed Request. I edited line 161, and this is what I get:

Code:
Error: exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /mnt/user/www/mediafrontpage2/widgets/wjDownloader.php:41 Stack trace: #0 /mnt/user/www/mediafrontpage2/widgets/wjDownloader.php(41): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /mnt/user/www/mediafrontpage2/widgets/wjDownloader.php(246): widgetjDownloader() #2 {main}

I have jDownloader installed in my local Windows machine; MFP is installed on my unRAID server, which is located in /mnt/user/www/mediafrontpage2/

Thanks.

I know you're not using ubuntu but did you happen to give this a try?
Quote:Would you happen to know how to get all these programs (CP, Sickbeard, Sab, transmission, jdownloder and xbmc ) how to autostart in linux?

I used this to get sickbeard up and running. It explains how to get it auto-started there. Not sure about the others though, I don't use CP atm and JD is on my windows machine.

http://www.ainer.org/sick-beard-install-...linux-mint

Although seeing as you're using a gui (I'm assuming it's gnome). You should be able to auto start any programs from "System \ Preferences\ Sessions" and then just enter the path.

Quote:edit: There's actually one more thing I can think of: Do you have a lot of downloads in the queue? If so, do they contain weird letters like & or something?

Could you try and empty the queue and than add a single download to it and see if you still get that message?

No luck on that front Sad

I'm starting to think that it has more to do with JD and my server not being in the same place. I might try installing JD on my server and see if that works instead.
gugahoi Wrote:I know you're not using ubuntu but did you happen to give this a try?

Hi,

I cannot figure out where I would need to make that change... I have looked in various folders on my server and I don't see such a file.

Curious thing is that if I type in my browser something like:

Code:
http://localhost:10025/get/downloads/currentlist

I get a blank page. But when I select View Page Source, I get the following: (I am editing out file name stuff):

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<jdownloader>
<package package_ETA="~" package_linksinprogress="0" package_linkstotal="13" package_loaded="5.52 GB" package_name="The.Rite.2011.720p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE" package_percent="100.00" package_size="5.52 GB" package_speed="0 B" package_todo="0 B"/>
<package package_ETA="13d:2h:18m:53s" package_linksinprogress="5" package_linkstotal="34" package_loaded="72.45 MB" package_name="Ip Man 2 2010 720p WiKi" package_percent="1.08" package_size="6.55 GB" package_speed="6.00 KB" package_todo="6.47 GB">
<file file_hoster="fileserve.com" file_name=p WiKi" file_percent="4.70" file_speed="0" file_status="Connecting...(6/6)"/>
<file file_hoster="fileserve.com" file_name=0p WiKi" file_percent="13.21" file_speed="0" file_status="Connecting...(6/6)"/>
<file file_hoster="fileserve.com" file_name=0p WiKi" file_percent="4.04" file_speed="0" file_status="Connecting...(6/6)"/>
<file file_hoster="fileserve.com" file_name=p WiKi" file_percent="3.99" file_speed="0" file_status="Connecting...(6/6)"/>
<file file_hoster="fileserve.com" file_name=p WiKi" file_percent="10.28" file_speed="6144" file_status="ETA 8h:30m:24s @ 6.00 KB/s (6/6)"/>
</package>
</jdownloader>

This makes me think that the plugin is working right, but somehow the widget is getting confused... but what do I know.
Oh crap. Struggling big time with linux!! Everything seems to be working to a point tho. Jdownloader widget works. Even if I access it from different machines. I see no reason for it not to be working.

I'm going to need some help tho, because I think I might have ruined my desktop environment. I was a bit ambitious and followed the instructions to get XBMC starting at boot, after having installed everything and now I can't go back to the gdm environment.

I followed this

Quote:By following these instructions, your system will boot directly into XBMC rather than your desktop from now on. It is advised that you delay this step until XBMC is setup as you'd like it.
From the desktop click System -> Administration -> Login Screen
From the "Security" tab choose "Enable Automatic Login" and select your username.
Click "OK" to exit.
Logout of your system.
From the Login screen choose "Select Session"
Choose "XBMC" and click "Change Session"
You're finished. Next time you login you should be greeted with XBMC.

Anyone knows how to get back into my desktop?
I could be wrong (never tried xbmc with gnome installed as well) pretty sure that "ctrl+alt+f1" will bring up the terminal screen and I think f2 will possibly bring up the desktop? I'm sure it's something like that though Big Grin

edit: Pretty sure I'm wrong. This thread should help
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75387