Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DPickles Wrote:hmm.... you should probably have a look at this in firefox. It looks fine in chrome, but does strange things in FF. Also, the widgets no longer move?

I think this is because of the amount of conflicting Jquery script links in the <head> tag. Needs clearing up to only have one in it I think - and preferably the most recent.

Will take look into this.
haha, just thought I would let you know. I hate browser conflicts. Whenever I do any html or css I tend to use firefox as I find that whatever works for firefox should work in other browsers.
Really glad to see this project moving forward the way it is.
Weird as it seems, it turns out things have been TAKEN OUT in the newer version. So all versions DO need to be loaded, just in the correct order.

I hate it when coding something one minute is removed and replaced with something else the next. Strange the newer version breaks it.

Anyway, scrolling, dragging and moving widgets is all now back working in Chrome and FF. Nod
allen00se Wrote:Here is my first addon if anyone wants the code just let me know.
Basically it just lists some system info such as:
Server name, Internal IP, external IP, CPU load average, OS, kernel, uptime

Anyone have advice on how I can make this widget update every 30seconds or so?

Whatever happened to this?
Hey guys, I am loving this project. For my "home server" I am running a server package called Amahi on top of Fedora Core 14. The server hosts a MySQL database and SMB file shares for use with XBMC, plus SickBeard, CouchPotato, Transmission, and some other apps and things. It was a snap getting MediaFrontPage up and running on this platform, since all the pre-requisites were install already. I am using Gugahoi's branch cloned from Github today.

Almost all my widgets are working, except for the XBMC JSON-powered ones. They all are broken. I believe this is due to my use of MySQL for my database back-end, but I'm not too clear on how to troubleshoot this issue to isolate which component is causing the issues.

The Recent TV and Recent Movies widgets immediately fail upon load with output like this:
Code:
XBMC's JSON API did not respond.

Check your configuration (config.php) and that the JSON service variable is configured correctly and that the Service is running.
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetRecentlyAddedEpisodes", "params" : { "start" : 0 , "end" : 15 , "fields": [ "genre", "director", "trailer", "tagline", "plot", "plotoutline", "title", "originaltitle", "lastplayed", "showtitle", "firstaired", "duration", "season", "episode", "runtime", "year", "playcount", "rating", "writer", "studio", "mpaa", "premiered", "album" ] }, "id" : 1 }

The built-in link to the JSON service DOES work, returning the response "JSONRPC active and working".

The XBMC Library widget is mostly broken. It loads, and I can click Videos, and then TV Shows DOES populate, giving me a list of the shows in my library. However, clicking on a show causes this output:

Code:
XBMC's JSON API did not respond.

Check your configuration (config.php) and that the JSON service variable is configured correctly and that the Service is running

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetSeasons", "params" : { "tvshowid" : 1, "fields": [ "genre", "title", "showtitle", "duration", "season", "episode", "year", "playcount", "rating", "studio", "mpaa" ] }, "id" : 1 }

I started searching a bit for issues regarding the JSON library's interaction with MySQL and problems that result, but didn't find too many useful results.

I run Nightly builds on Windows 7 for my client machines. I have tried a couple different nightly builds, plus the 10.1 stable build.

On all the nightlies I get the above-documented results. On 10.1, none of the widgets work, not even the XBMC Library one.

Any ideas?
one other issue I noticed: when using the NZB.su / NZBMatrix search widget, to the left of each search result is a SabNZBd logo button. I have tried a lot of different settings, and clicking this button consistently causes a little pop-up notifcation that says "Problem calling SABnzdd+. OK". What's extra weird is that the item I click on is actually added to my Sab queue.

I initially had my SabNZBd set up to require a username & password and use HTTPS, but I have since relaxed all that stuff in my settings for testing purposes. No effect, the widget still does that. Any ideas?
I would be inclined to say you need to make sure all your settings are perfect in config.php.

Sounds to me like one small detail has been missed out. Sometimes as well, you may need to use an IP address instead of a Hostname as it may not be being resolved correctly.

The only thing I can suggest is submitting your config.php file here (ommiting any API's or Usernames) so we can take a better look for you.

--EDIT--
Minor update, I use my MediaFrontPage on my TV in Fullscreen mode and decided to add some Front and Back buttons.
DejaVu Wrote:Whatever happened to this?

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

SleepyP Wrote:Hey guys, I am loving this project. For my "home server" I am running a server package called Amahi on top of Fedora Core 14. The server hosts a MySQL database and SMB file shares for use with XBMC, plus SickBeard, CouchPotato, Transmission, and some other apps and things. It was a snap getting MediaFrontPage up and running on this platform, since all the pre-requisites were install already. I am using Gugahoi's branch cloned from Github today.

Any ideas?

The library widgets won't work with the nightlies as they changed the JSON RPC calls I believe. We will need to update those widgets some time soon.

Regarding MySQL libraries, they are supported so maybe just double check your config.php and if you can't get it to work then tell us how you've set them up so we can try and help.

SleepyP Wrote:one other issue I noticed: when using the NZB.su / NZBMatrix search widget, to the left of each search result is a SabNZBd logo button. I have tried a lot of different settings, and clicking this button consistently causes a little pop-up notifcation that says "Problem calling SABnzdd+. OK". What's extra weird is that the item I click on is actually added to my Sab queue.

This is a known issue. They do work, but just tell you it failed. I'll work on that one tonight and fix it.

edit: Oh btw, did anybody have a chance to test the updated TMDB search in the IMDB branch? I'm looking for any feedback so even if it doesn't work at all, please say something and tell me what happens so I can start the bugfixes.
@DejaVu

Hey, just downloaded your repo and can't find the scrollbar. Anything I need to set up first? I really like the look and feel of it (from the pics). Would love to have it in every widget if it doesn't break anything but for some reason I can't see it here (FF and Chrome on Mac).
gugahoi Wrote:@DejaVu

Hey, just downloaded your repo and can't find the scrollbar. Anything I need to set up first? I really like the look and feel of it (from the pics). Would love to have it in every widget if it doesn't break anything but for some reason I can't see it here (FF and Chrome on Mac).

Browser cache!?
I'll reclone it to see if it works for me again.

--EDIT--
Yep, works perfect for me. Must be that your browser(s) are caching the files.
DejaVu Wrote:Browser cache!?
I'll reclone it to see if it works for me again.

I wish it was the case but unfortunately it isn't. I see the scroller when the page is loading but as it finishes the scroller disappears and I'm not allowed to scroll at all.
It maybe the CSS is pushing the scrollbar to far over, although with mine, it overlaps the images if the browser is windowed. Which browser are you using? Not Safari!? Big Grin
DejaVu Wrote:It maybe the CSS is pushing the scrollbar to far over, although with mine, it overlaps the images if the browser is windowed. Which browser are you using? Not Safari!? Big Grin

Haha not safari. As I said I use Chrome 99.9% of the time, but been testing things on both FF and Chrome lately. It's not working for neither of them.
Thats really weird. Working here great in both. Cannot think why it would not be working.

In Google's Inspect Element is it giving any clues to an error?
Have you tried scrolling the ComingEpisodes widget with the Mouse Wheel? That works for me too.

--EDIT--
Tested on 2 laptops running Windows 7, my Revo running XBMCLive with google-chrome-stable and my main PC also running Windows 7. (I too only use Chrome). Works a treat on them all. Huh

Definitely the correct Repo? - https://github.com/DejaVu77/mediafrontpage

I'm at a lose...!
DejaVu Wrote:Thats really weird. Working here great in both. Cannot think why it would not be working.

In Google's Inspect Element is it giving any clues to an error?
Have you tried scrolling the ComingEpisodes widget with the Mouse Wheel? That works for me too.

--EDIT--
Tested on 2 laptops running Windows 7, my Revo running XBMCLive with google-chrome-stable and my main PC also running Windows 7. (I too only use Chrome). Works a treat on them all. Huh

Definitely the correct Repo? - https://github.com/DejaVu77/mediafrontpage

I'm at a lose...!

See for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUOPwGgMpY