Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
gugahoi Wrote:You fixed it ?!?!? SWEEEEEETTT! Gonna have a look now. But can I ask you something? And this is probably personal. Any chance we can keep some kind of symmetry between the columns? For me it looks real messy when the columns are everywhere... and I also find important to get a main column in the middle that takes more space the the others. So for example middle can be 40% and let 30% on each side or something. Could even try and go for 5 columns and see how that looks (10%/20%/40%/20%/10% - as an example)?
+1 but I would go a step further and say they should be equal width. Being able to rearrange the layout becomes irrelevant when we have widgets designed to fit in one particular section. I'd prefer flexibility in any "release versions". Custom stylesheets can be used to suit individual preferences.

Quote:And ye, (2) has been happening for a while, I think I know the fix - tables
You are correct, this is a recurring issue.
https://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpa...abnzbd.php

I'd like to know if there is some way to restrict widget content to within the individual widget.
gugahoi Wrote:If you find a solution for this let me know. I had MySQL setup a few months back but it made xbmc useless as I had to wait a few minutes every time the fanart needed to load. Gave up in the end as it's not that big a deal syncing a couple of libraries when the computer turns on. Specially using NFS now... so much faster then SMB, have you guys tried?
Erm - if you were using Windows, I could have told you it was solved. I've got a Folder Sync Service running on Windows 7 PC's pulling the thumbnail folder permanently syncing (awaits for changes only) from the thumbnail folder of my MySQL server with XMBLive.

Looky -
DejaVu Wrote:IF you are ONLY syncing over the network and need folders to remain exactly the same at all times, how about a small program that installs itself as a service and syncs the files from one place to another...?

Sounds good to me with this MySQL Thumbnail business. I'm testing out this little (oldish) gem that still works with Windows 7, but must be Run as an Administrator...

Made by a strange looking Italian by the looks, but so far is doing exactly what I want and am going to load this Freeware program to all my Windows machines.

Take a looky at this DSynchronize @ http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/

My Windows 7 installs take a little longer to load due to finding the MySQL Database, but thumbnails no longer slows it down as they are done whilst surfing FB! Wink

I reckon there must be something similar for every platform. It's just a folder sync program that runs over the network (like a backup proggy). Wink

--EDIT--

Nick8888 Wrote:+1 but I would go a step further and say they should be equal width. Being able to rearrange the layout becomes irrelevant when we have widgets designed to fit in one particular section. I'd prefer flexibility in any "release versions". Custom stylesheets can be used to suit individual preferences.

Point taken -
https://github.com/DejaVu77/mediafrontpa...10210e9db5

Sorted. Wink 4x 25% Smile

And it still looks just as cool. Smile
gugahoi Wrote:Also noticed the scroll only works with the default css, maybe we should address that problem too? I can do it, once I get it working in my repo, if that's the case. Which leads me to the question: which files are required for the scroll? Could you point them out explicitly?

That I can (I think).
In Mediafrontpage.php I added @ Line 78
Code:
<!-- START: JQuery Scrollbar for Coming Episodes Widget, Javascript Entries -->
<link href="css/scrollbar.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.easing.1.3.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.mousewheel.min.js"></script>
<!-- END: JQuery Scrollbar for Coming Episodes Widget, Javascript Entries -->

As well as those files mentioned in there.

In widgets/wComingEpisodes.php @ Line 9.
Code:
// START Container for Scroller bar (Wraps comingepisodeswrapper before it created).    
    echo "<div id=\"mcs3_container\">";
    echo "<div class=\"customScrollBox\">";
    echo "<div class=\"container\">";
    echo "<div class=\"content\">";
// END Container for Scroller bar (Wraps comingepisodeswrapper before it created).

Then after the ComingEpisodes wrapper @ Line 18
Code:
//START Container for Scroller bar (Close Divs and add Dragger).
echo "</div></div><div class=\"dragger_container\"><div class=\"dragger\"></div></div></div></div>";
//END Container for Scroller bar (Close Divs and add Dragger).

There was some other stuff I did, which I removed as it was not actually needed because Jquery is already called.

When you look at it like that, you realise how easy it will be to add another scroller in the future. It's just wrapping content in 4 Div's. All the makings are already in now. Easy! Wink
DejaVu Wrote:Erm - if you were using Windows, I could have told you it was solved.

Unfortunately I've switched recently to linux but in anyway I've got multiple os's running and I believe an rsync script would be my way to go...?

Quote:Point taken -

Sweet, much better now! Thanks

Nick8888 Wrote:+1 but I would go a step further and say they should be equal width. Being able to rearrange the layout becomes irrelevant when we have widgets designed to fit in one particular section. I'd prefer flexibility in any "release versions". Custom stylesheets can be used to suit individual preferences.

I do agree with this to an extent. The ideal solution which I have already mentioned a little while back is to have even more flexibility where we can have say 10 columns and assign widgets to span X or Y amount of columns. So for example a widget to be half the page would span 5 columns or something along those lines. And this could be either set by the developer of the widget or if possible (and I have no idea how feasible this is, but this would be my favourite) go even further and allow the user to drag to adjust size (horizontally only in my opinion). That way we'd add more flexibility and customization!

Quote:You are correct, this is a recurring issue.
https://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpa...abnzbd.php

I'd like to know if there is some way to restrict widget content to within the individual widget.

The way I think to do this is I to start the widget with a div id of it's own name (eg <div id=wSearch>) and set it to 100% overflow hidden no-wrap.

So in the end something like this.
[HTML]<div id='example' style='width:100%; overflow:hidden; white-space: nowrap;'>[/HTML]

or something along those lines. I'm pretty sure I've done that with my tables and they always respect the 100% width, even when dynamically changing!
I've fixed it so i now, scroller works with the Minimal CSS.

Comment out the first parts of the CSS...
Code:
/*    div.ep_summary {
        display: none;
        visibility: none; !important;
}

#comingepisodeswrapper, #insideWrapper  {
        max-height: 250px;

/* set max-width for using this widget on either side otherwise you can't see everything */
        max-width: 100%;
}*/
Repaired. May as well be deleted. It makes no difference. These are set further down the CSS differently. Strange watching the Scroll tab expanding too. Wink
DejaVu Wrote:I've fixed it so i now, scroller works with the Minimal CSS.

Sweet!

ps.: Maybe we should move the discussion above to lighthouse? I only now managed to accept the account! ahahaha
Yo, I was working on configuring Apache, which was acting weird. Did a yum update on my server and something bad happened, so then the server wouldn't come back up. Much annoyance was had by me. I am now going to ditch Amahi for just vanilla Fedora 14. This should make a lot of the "Oh this only happens to me because of my screwy os configuration" issues go away I hope. Also I will keep track of what (if any) packages I need to install to get MFC working. Kinda pissed, but also happy to become a better Linux admin Smile
DejaVu Wrote:Point taken -

Cheers, that was quick. I didn't mean you should change it in your personal branch. Just meant that was my opinion for any collaborated branch, your branch is your branch.

As my branch is quite old, it's be nice if you and gugahoi could decide upon a version for the mfp/mfp repo that can serve as the main branch.

gugahoi Wrote:Unfortunately I've switched recently to linux but in anyway I've got multiple os's running and I believe an rsync script would be my way to go...?
I believe dropbox could also be used for this purpose. It'd be an easy solution but definitely not the best.

Quote:I do agree with this to an extent. The ideal solution which I have already mentioned a little while back is to have even more flexibility where we can have say 10 columns and assign widgets to span X or Y amount of columns. So for example a widget to be half the page would span 5 columns or something along those lines. And this could be either set by the developer of the widget or if possible (and I have no idea how feasible this is, but this would be my favourite) go even further and allow the user to drag to adjust size (horizontally only in my opinion). That way we'd add more flexibility and customization!
It would be nice to resize widgets. I'm yet to find a way to do this though.

Getting rid of sections could be one way to do this and simply use x/y co-ordinates. Widgets would be resizeable tiles which can be locked into place. My coding skills aren't up to scratch for this though unless we find some sort of library for it.
Nick8888 Wrote:Cheers, that was quick. I didn't mean you should change it in your personal branch. Just meant that was my opinion for any collaborated branch, your branch is your branch.

As my branch is quite old, it's be nice if you and gugahoi could decide upon a version for the mfp/mfp repo that can serve as the main branch.

I believe dropbox could also be used for this purpose. It'd be an easy solution but definitely not the best.

It would be nice to resize widgets. I'm yet to find a way to do this though.

Getting rid of sections could be one way to do this and simply use x/y co-ordinates. Widgets would be resizeable tiles which can be locked into place. My coding skills aren't up to scratch for this though unless we find some sort of library for it.

I was just about to fork from Deja's repo to the main MediaFrontPage repo as his is the most up to date as of now. Is that alright?

I'll also try to find a library with resizable widgets...

Update:
We are using jQuery UI right? how about this - http://jqueryui.com/demos/resizable/

Otherwise, also found this - http://www.java2s.com/Code/JavaScript/Sm...snapto.htm
SleepyP Wrote:Yo, I was working on configuring Apache, which was acting weird. Did a yum update on my server and something bad happened, so then the server wouldn't come back up. Much annoyance was had by me. I am now going to ditch Amahi for just vanilla Fedora 14. This should make a lot of the "Oh this only happens to me because of my screwy os configuration" issues go away I hope. Also I will keep track of what (if any) packages I need to install to get MFC working. Kinda pissed, but also happy to become a better Linux admin Smile

Any reason for not using ubuntu? I read about Amahi after reading your last post but soon decided Tonido was what I want. Planning on installing it this afternoon but have read some promising reviews.

Also interested in some sort of backup solution for my media server. Yet to be convinced on anything so just been mirroring my drives on demand with Beyond Compare and a custom script.

Something like an unraid or drobo box would be nice but I cant justify have that + a media server running 24/7.
gugahoi Wrote:I was just about to fork from Deja's repo to the main MediaFrontPage repo as his is the most up to date as of now. Is that alright?

I'll also try to find a library with resizable widgets...

Update:
We are using jQuery UI right? how about this - http://jqueryui.com/demos/resizable/

Otherwise, also found this - http://www.java2s.com/Code/JavaScript/Sm...snapto.htm

Yeh fine to use his repo to merge. The way I see it working from here on is we assign tickets in lh to different people who then work on them in their own repo/branch (1 branch per ticket). When completed they then issue a push request to the mfp/trunk. Same as the do for xbmc: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101282 Let me know peoples thoughts.

Both resize libs look good to me if they can be locked and used for multiple widgets on 1 canvas. (this sort of discussion should be on lh)
Alright, I've forked from Deja's latest and now it's on MediaFrontPage's git.
love the Resizable widgets good idea here is pic of my MFP i would really like to see the resizable widget so i can use it with my coming episodes widget
gugahoi Wrote:I did indeed. I'm going to have a look thought them because the files are way too big, probably because of the flash player. Can't you get the images to load remotely? As in a path to the images? Or a website to fetch them from? 13 or so megs increases the sizes of MFP sooo much!

Also, if you want to have a look at the trakt widget I accidentally committed it to the backup test branch.

Hi,

I tried the Trkt widget. I copied the ContentFlow folder in "js"; I copied wTrakt.php to widgets folder and set the API in config.php... I get an enormous movie poster stretching over half the screen.

If my download is too big because of the slideshow, the "fanart" folder can be erased and the control widget can be deleted. It could be possible to host the flash somewhere, but I fear it may be slower this way.

I hate to ask an embarrassing question. But where is the most up to date working version on MFP. Is it at your Git, Deja, or Nick's? All the ticket download forking and lighthouse stuff is over my head...(the embarrassing part).

Thanks.
hernandito Wrote:Hi,

I tried the Trkt widget. I copied the ContentFlow folder in "js"; I copied wTrakt.php to widgets folder and set the API in config.php... I get an enormous movie poster stretching over half the screen.

If my download is too big because of the slideshow, the "fanart" folder can be erased and the control widget can be deleted. It could be possible to host the flash somewhere, but I fear it may be slower this way.

I hate to ask an embarrassing question. But where is the most up to date working version on MFP. Is it at your Git, Deja, or Nick's? All the ticket download forking and lighthouse stuff is over my head...(the embarrassing part).

Thanks.

Not embarrassing at all. I'm only now getting used to it, but it's a way better system to track bugs and deploy fixes this way. At the moment the most up to date repo is here. I believe from now on all of us are constantly be going to be forking this repo and trying fixes and new features in our repos but it will all end up on this main one. Try out the main one and let me know if the trakt widget is still too big.