Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
clubwerks Wrote:What kind of problems are you having? I'll tell you right now, if it's not working the problem is a combination of filtersconfig.xml, mediasconfig.xml and you not having the proper filters on your computer.

Here's the setup that's worked for me every time.

1. Install XBMC w/ dsplayer
2. Install the latest MPC 32 BIT. 32 BIT
3. Install latest Shark007 32 BIT codec package. 32 BIT ONLY!
4. Install latest LAV filters (0.39 I believe).
5. In mediasconfig.xml, change associations for mkv, ts, avi, etc to:

Source="lavfsplitter"
Splitter="lavf_splitter"
Video codec="lavvideodec"
Audio codec="ffdaudiodec" or "lavaudiodec"

Either audio codec seems to work fine. On my particular setup, lavaudiodec has trouble with TrueHD where ffd plays it perfectly.

If you need to bitstream HD audio, go into the settings of your audio decoder and check all the passthrough formats that your AVR supports. If you don't, it should work perfect as is.

I have LAV 0.39,
ffdshow from Nov 5th
MPC-HC from Oct 12th

I carefully added an override in the user profile's dsplayer dir to choose LAV for everything (splitting, videodec, and audiodec) but I've seen different references to the actual names like you have there... lavfsplitter and lavf_splitter. I take it that matters, and I've also seen different example references to the lavaudio and lavaudiodec. how do we know what's right?

EDIT:
BTW: the machine it wont work on for me is Win7 32bit. The one it DOES work on is my upstairs workstation PC which is Win764bit. I do of course have the 32bit filters and programs for everything on my 64bit workstation. It's just ironic that it doesn't work on the HTPC I need it to.

I literally copied my dsplayer overrides into the HTPC's profile as a known working setup and it just doesn't work for me on that PC.
azaze1 Wrote:I have LAV 0.39,
ffdshow from Nov 5th
MPC-HC from Oct 12th

I carefully added an override in the user profile's dsplayer dir to choose LAV for everything (splitting, videodec, and audiodec) but I've seen different references to the actual names like you have there... lavfsplitter and lavf_splitter. I take it that matters, and I've also seen different example references to the lavaudio and lavaudiodec. how do we know what's right?

Check your filtersconfig.xml. Those names have to match exactly.

lavfsplitter is for the source filter. lavf_splitter is for the splitter filter. lavvideodec is video filter. lavaudiodec is audio filter. That's right out of the stock filtersconfig.xml that comes with the DSplayer version.
New build doesn't help me Sad

Issue is... I try to play a movie, and it doesn't play. It just stays at the movie list showing fan art.

LOG shows it successfully loaded LAV Splitter, LAV Video decoder, and LAV Audio decoder right next to all the chapters times. Just doesn't actually play the movie.
azaze1 Wrote:New build doesn't help me Sad

Issue is... I try to play a movie, and it doesn't play. It just stays at the movie list showing fan art.

LOG shows it successfully loaded LAV Splitter, LAV Video decoder, and LAV Audio decoder right next to all the chapters times. Just doesn't actually play the movie.

Yeah, the new built is not going to help you if the old build wasn't playing. Post a cut and paste of the relevant portion of your filterconfig.xml and your mediasconfig.xml for whatever file type you're trying to play, I'm assuming mkv files.
clubwerks Wrote:Yeah, the new built is not going to help you if the old build wasn't playing. Post a cut and paste of the relevant portion of your filterconfig.xml and your mediasconfig.xml for whatever file type you're trying to play, I'm assuming mkv files.

I DID have an issue with the splitter filter in that I did not have the underscore for lavf_splitter. I've just now corrected that, but it's still not working. I was so hopeful too Sad Here is my mediasconfig.xml override

... \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\dsplayer\mediasconfig.xml

<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts|mkv">
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
<video filter="lavvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

NOTE: I am not using any filters overrides. and yes they're MKV's I'm trying to play.
I guess the next step is to post a full debug log to pastebin, post a link here and let one of the local geniuses help you. Big Grin

Your mediasconfig.xml looks good to me.
there are samples in the stock system\players\dsplayer\mediasconfig.xml that show both the source and splitter filters for LAV being "lavfsplitter" neither one with the underscore. That must be how I wound up without the lavf_splitter reference in my override.

Anyways the references to the filters in the stock mediasconfig.xml do not match the filters defined in the stock filtersconfig.xml with respect to the underscore in LAV
clubwerks Wrote:I guess the next step is to post a full debug log to pastebin, post a link here and let one of the local geniuses help you. Big Grin

Your mediasconfig.xml looks good to me.

Here. http://pastebin.com/DnTsLCvL

That's from the Oct 30th build, but same issue so presumably should represent my issue with today's build as well.
azaze1 Wrote:Here. http://pastebin.com/DnTsLCvL

That's from the Oct 30th build, but same issue so presumably should represent my issue with today's build as well.

I'm sure somebody will be around to help you out tomorrow. Good luck.
azaze1 Wrote:New build doesn't help me Sad

I have the exact same issue using the LAV splitter/decoders. I have to force quit XBMC and restart. Usually the second time the file will play, sometimes I have to do this again. On other occasions, I can play 10 files consecutively without issue.

So it's not an issue directly related to the file or format, neither with DSPlayer. It's an issue with the LAV splitters/filters that sometimes (?) do not initialize properly.
see your using reclock too.could be a config problem in reclock aswell.without knowing your setting its difficult to say i just can can show you my setting which works.

Code:
<filter name="lav" type="videodec">
      <guid>{EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}</guid>
      <osdname>LAV CUVID Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
Code:
<filter name="lavaudiodec" type="audiodec">
      <guid>{E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}</guid>
      <osdname>LAVShow audio decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
Code:
<filter name="lavsplitter" type="source">
      <guid>{171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}</guid>
      <osdname>LAV Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="lavsource" type="source">
      <guid>{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}</guid>
      <osdname>LAV Source</osdname>
    </filter>

and use playercorefactory.xml not advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="DSPlayer" type="dsplayer" audio="false" video="true">
    </player>

</players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <!--<rule filetypes="mkv" videocodec="h264" player="DSPlayer"/> -->
    <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|ifo" player="DSPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

reclock config
screen 1
screen 2
screen 3

in xbmc set reclock audio renderer and wasapi interface

maybe it helps ...
He shouldn't need to set up playercorefactory on the DSplayer version. DSplayer is the default player for everything except internet streams.
just a warning, the latest ati 11.10 can brake dxva video, found that out with ffdshow set up.
Others have reported the same.
dlmh Wrote:I have the exact same issue using the LAV splitter/decoders. I have to force quit XBMC and restart. Usually the second time the file will play, sometimes I have to do this again. On other occasions, I can play 10 files consecutively without issue.

So it's not an issue directly related to the file or format, neither with DSPlayer. It's an issue with the LAV splitters/filters that sometimes (?) do not initialize properly.

For me it wont ever play, even without LAV filters. I even removed all overrides and used stock dsplayer configs and it behaves the exact same for me... again NO changes to media or filter xml configs.

To Malexx.. Regarding Reclock usage... I am using reclock as you said, but I whitelisted xbmc in reclock's config.

To bananaman, Regarding Catalyst 11.10 drivers, I'm actually not using DXVA for anything. I used to for MPC-HC but wound up with decoding artifacts. Only software decoding methods would yield glitchless decoding of h264 content. Since I'm using a solid state HTPC... the extra CPU usage is not an issue for noise. CPU only runs about 15% during full screen 1080p playback wihle bitstreaming. About 22-28% CPU if decoding 7.1 HD audio on HTPC.

thanks for help guys, I'll try making sure Reclock is selected in xbmc, I don't think I've done that yet.
Malexx Wrote:see your using reclock too.could be a config problem in reclock aswell.without knowing your setting its difficult to say i just can can show you my setting which works.

in xbmc set reclock audio renderer and wasapi interface

maybe it helps ...

I do not see a reclock audio renderer. Anyways I configured reclock to load and ask... I played movie, then I chose yes once, and NO once, neither one made a difference. I just can't get it to play movie Sad