Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ Roman_V_M
Thanks, appreciated!
OK, here's a compiled build based on the recent code patches by Eduard_K from the Russian XBMC forum: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/XBMCSet...yer-dx.exe
Code patches for developers/builders in the message above.
(2012-05-20, 11:38)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ]OK, here's a compiled build based on the recent code patches by Eduard_K from the Russian XBMC forum: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/XBMCSet...yer-dx.exe

Thanks Roman for keeping this alive. My main problem with DSPlayer is forced subs. Still haven't been able to make them work. Are these working for you?

Later this week I will give this new version a shot.

Cheers,

Mark
(2012-05-22, 06:28)acemt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-20, 11:38)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ]OK, here's a compiled build based on the recent code patches by Eduard_K from the Russian XBMC forum: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/XBMCSet...yer-dx.exe

Thanks Roman for keeping this alive. My main problem with DSPlayer is forced subs. Still haven't been able to make them work. Are these working for you?

Later this week I will give this new version a shot.

Cheers,

Mark

You should thank Eduard_K, I'm only a middleman.)

As for forced subs, I don't know what you mean. Could you point me to a small sample video with such subs?
Though, AFAIK being able to render subtitles also depends on a splitter used.

UPD: Tried "Avatar" bluray - forced subs for Na-Vi work fine with AVSplitter.
Has anybody tried DTS passthrough with these latest builds?

The latest "original" DSPlayer build had DTS passthrough broken.

Thanks.
You must be in the configuration files to see what filters DSplayer processed audio stream in your file and in the settings of this filter is set bitstream passthrough.
(2012-05-22, 12:08)phunqe Wrote: [ -> ]Has anybody tried DTS passthrough with these latest builds?

Thanks.
LAV Audio worked on my setup, always... sure it was smth on your config.

All logs showed that everything was in order and the configuration was correct, there were other people having issues with this as well and the cause was never found as far as I know.
Might have been a hardware combination issue, but we never found out.

The symptoms was that the movies were playing at around 90% framerate, stuttering and there was no audio. As soon as the DTS passthrough was turned off it worked again.
Tried diffeent splitters, filters... nothing. All setup derivations I also tried with MPC-HC, which had no problems, so the problem was in DSPlayer somehow.
(2012-05-22, 15:09)phunqe Wrote: [ -> ]All logs showed that everything was in order and the configuration was correct, there were other people having issues with this as well and the cause was never found as far as I know.
Might have been a hardware combination issue, but we never found out.

The symptoms was that the movies were playing at around 90% framerate, stuttering and there was no audio. As soon as the DTS passthrough was turned off it worked again.
Tried diffeent splitters, filters... nothing. All setup derivations I also tried with MPC-HC, which had no problems, so the problem was in DSPlayer somehow.

Have you tried a different audio-renderer (which is selected separately on the DSPlayer Settings page)? I don't have a HDMI-enabled AVR, only with SPDIF, but with SPDIF I get correct DD/DTS bitstreaming only when Direct Sound digital output is selected (not default or else).
(2012-05-22, 12:08)phunqe Wrote: [ -> ]Has anybody tried DTS passthrough with these latest builds?

Thanks.

Haha, I was quite literally coming back to provide feedback about this:
Compared to the recent builds, with this new build, DTS passthrough is working fine, at least on my setup, rather than the wierd constant reinitialise/lower framerate bug it was having.

The only downside I've noticed of this latest build is that it seems to break the resume feature, eg if I stop a movie at 29 mins out of 60, it no longer remembers so you can resume from that location. Perhaps this is just me though so I'd be interested to see what other people's experiences are.
(2012-05-22, 18:34)alexrose1uk Wrote: [ -> ]The only downside I've noticed of this latest build is that it seems to break the resume feature, eg if I stop a movie at 29 mins out of 60, it no longer remembers so you can resume from that location. Perhaps this is just me though so I'd be interested to see what other people's experiences are.

Eduard_K wrote that he re-worked the video database to support resume for multi-title blu-rays and mkvs. So with existing databases resume might be buggy. I'd recommend to export your medialibrary into a single file, manually delete your video database (MyVideosXX.db) then export your medialibrary back so that XBMC creates a new video database with new resume points support.
Unfortunately looks like he'll need to v2 as even after deleting my MyVideos.db, resume info isnt being captured, although things like ticks next to watched shows are working.
(2012-05-24, 00:11)alexrose1uk Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately looks like he'll need to v2 as even after deleting my MyVideos.db, resume info isnt being captured, although things like ticks next to watched shows are working.

Then I'm afraid this bug is specific for you setup, because for me resume is working perfectly. I've tried both with AVsplitter and LAVsplitter.
I've been trying to download the 2012-03-25 Eden 11.0 build for the past 24 hours from the link on page 1, but all I get is 500 Internal Server Errors. Does anyone have a link to that build on one of the fileshares available?

Many thanks
The REAL Joe
Hi guys is there anyway to get DSPlayer with Eden PVR Build