Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-05, 04:21)sram Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Roman_V_M

I'm having problems with the script.tv.show.next.aired v4.1.20, it just does not work.
i'm using this last version of xbmc from 01-06-2012, if i use the official release of xbmc eden then it works.

Is it broken the script or something, can you confirm it please?

thx.

I can't confirm the problem. It works OK on my install. Try to re-install the add-on.
Hi Roman_V_M

thx for your quick help, i did re-install the script and now it all works. I don't now what was wrong...

thx

Keep up the good work.

Hi,

im new in xbmc world :-)
but i have some little problems with the eden version

i play all my movies (mkv) with the dsplayer but all movies play in stereo,wenn i play the movies with the default player all movies play in dolby
i have installed the last ffdshow filters but the don`t work

thx
(2012-06-08, 19:20)wdsmw Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

i play all my movies (mkv) with the dsplayer but all movies play in stereo,wenn i play the movies with the default player all movies play in dolby

thx

Simply installing something wont' work. You need to configure both DSplayer and the audio filter you use.

The recent build that I've posted uses LAV Audio filter as a default filter. To configure it you need to start playing any video in DSPlayer, then press Enter, select Audio Properties and then select audio filter (LAV). The filter configurator will appear, and you need to set necessary checkboxes for audio formats your A/V receiver supports. The same for any other audio filter you prefer.
O yes Thx Roman_V_M !!!!

i am soooo happy Blush
I have bog problem with dsplayer and cinema experience with eden. It's crash completly my pc, when i ddesactivate dsplayer it's work very fine with cinema experience.

I have make post in cinema experience but it's probably a problem with dsplayer.

Have you go some idea ?
Sorry not been around much, but to ask the obvious does it also crash when using confluence and a completely fresh xbmc install?

This is so we can work out if it's a glitch/compatibility issues with cinema experience, or if it's your pc setup and dsplayer.
I will like to Know if there is a way of using DSPlayer with UPNP/DNLA?
Thanks
Can someone please explain how i get ffdshow working with this? I find the wiki to be almost completely useless in this regard. It says that ffdshow should work as soon as i install and it change the mediainfo xml but it most certainly does not work. As far as i can tell older builds had ffdshow setup to work with those steps but this newest one with chapters fix does not.
Also one more thing im using an old build currently with ffdshow working. When i try and stream a video from an addon (a straight avi/mkv) it wont output any video but the audio plays fine. Can ffdshow not be used with streaming video at all?
(2012-06-08, 21:56)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 19:20)wdsmw Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

thx

Simply installing something wont' work. You need to configure both DSplayer and the audio filter you use.

The recent build that I've posted uses LAV Audio filter as a default filter. To configure it you need to start playing any video in DSPlayer, then press Enter, select Audio Properties and then select audio filter (LAV). The filter configurator will appear, and you need to set necessary checkboxes for audio formats your A/V receiver supports. The same for any other audio filter you prefer.

Could you re-add ffdshow into the filtersconfig? It shouldn't affect the out of the box stuff and will make it easier on those of us using ffdshow cause then all we need to do is change the mediainfo.

Can someone please remind me how to set DVDPlayer to be the default, so that DSPlayer is available as an option from the "Play With" menu, but DVDPlayer is used when hitting "enter" on a title? I tried advancedsettings.xml with:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <defaultplayer>DVDPlayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

...but it doesn't work, DSPlayer stays as the default player.

Many thanks
The REAL Joe

If i'm not wrong, it's playercorefactory.xml what u have to touch.
(2012-06-24, 09:36)kalel90 Wrote: [ -> ]Could you re-add ffdshow into the filtersconfig? It shouldn't affect the out of the box stuff and will make it easier on those of us using ffdshow cause then all we need to do is change the mediainfo.

I haven't removed the old configs completely, they are still there. You can copy-paste ffdshow-related data into your config.

(2012-07-03, 20:01)therealjoeblow Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please remind me how to set DVDPlayer to be the default, so that DSPlayer is available as an option from the "Play With" menu, but DVDPlayer is used when hitting "enter" on a title? I tried advancedsettings.xml with:

In the latest build it is simply done via GUI.

(2012-07-03, 20:35)vicmanpergar Wrote: [ -> ]If i'm not wrong, it's playercorefactory.xml what u have to touch.

I guess something changed and I didn't see the documentation, because advancedsettings is where you used to do it, but I added the following to playercorefactory and it works:

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="*" player="DVDPlayer"/>
  </rules>

Can also be customized by filetype (ie change * to mkv; avi; mp4; etc)

...ALTHOUGH, thanks to Roman_V_M, I see now that I missed the new GUI feature, so sorry for being a dumba$$ and trying to do things the hard way Blush

Thanks for the help.

The REAL Joe
Yeah, very nice that we can now simply switch the default player via the GUI.

Now, any chance that Eduard_K or whoever else capable doing it, releases a DSPlayer build based on one of the latest nightlies that include DVDPlayer hi10 support? That would be great.