Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-12-14, 21:27)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]What are the problems?
With the other scrapers? Nothing now, they are all working again.
For UMS, its reported in the posts above.
Please, can you confirm that UMS is also not working on your side?
I did a coupe of tests today and all IMDb data (alongside with all tmdb data) UMS supports is working for me.
(2022-12-14, 21:39)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]Please, can you confirm that UMS is also not working on your side?
Sure. I installed the new version 5.5.11

I scraped 4 movies and all worked correctly for me.... https://paste.kodi.tv/uyatatujac.kodi
(2022-12-14, 21:49)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Sure. I installed the new version 5.5.11

I scraped 4 movies and all worked correctly for me.... uyatatujac.kodi (paste)

Great, thanks! I believe other than the IMDb site issues for some period of time the issue with UMS was that the default search engine (IMDb) didn't work.
I use UMS regularly (let's say on a weekly basis) and didn't experience any issues in the past months (not even the IMDb site issues to be honest), granted I was using tmdb as search engine (now with v5.5.11 tmdb is the only option for search engine).

This means those who have UMS installed already needs to set tmdb as search engine manually (the update cannot change this automatically as updates cannot overwrite an already configured setting - the search engine in this case).
It works with the new version
Hopefully I've got IMDb search fixed with v5.5.12 so UMS will get back to work for those as well who doesn't set tmdb as search engine in their setting.
Unfortunately, it does not seem to work any more!
(2022-12-17, 01:42)PanosKomo Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, it does not seem to work any more!
Not helpful. What is or is not working. What exactly is happening?
Provide a Debug Log, thanks.
I am sorry for being vague. I have just installed the new version and I cannot scrape any movies again. Before when I chose the moviedb.org search machine it could regularly scrape movies. Now I can see the IMDB search engine which was not possible in the previous 5.5.11 version but at the moment I cannot scrape any movies whatever search engine I choose.
(2022-12-17, 02:08)PanosKomo Wrote: [ -> ]Now I can see the IMDB search engine which was not possible in the previous 5.5.11 version but at the moment I cannot scrape any movies whatever search engine I choose.
It's working for me using IMDB search.
Provide a Debug Log.

Also check item 1d... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
Hi Karellen,

Thank you very much for your excellent help! It was indeed item 1d. I had the same issue in the past and having the use video tags "disabled" had fixed the problem then. Somehow this was enabled again creating the issue above. Anyhow the problem is solved now and I would like to report that 5.5.12 works perfectly!
Will the fixes be backported or are scrapers for Kodi versions prior to Matrix end of life? Currently on Krypton and the latest version of the scraper is 4.1.18 so I'm having to use TMDB to search which doesn't compare to IMDb, forcing me to create .nfo files far more frequently than I'd prefer.

Thanks for all the work keeping everything working! :-)
@korinne

UMS has been updated for v18 and later... https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/pull/468

Kodi v17 is too old for scraper updates. XML scrapers (which includes UMS) are approaching end of life. We are moving onto Python v3 scrapers which are available in v19 and later.

You will find that your scraper choices will eventually be zero. Best that you upgrade to v19.4. at your earliest opportunity. Or wait for v20 sometime in Jan or Feb.

Is there any reason you are not upgrading? Hardware too old?
(2022-12-20, 04:08)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@korinne

UMS has been updated for v18 and later... https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/pull/468

Kodi v17 is too old for scraper updates. XML scrapers (which includes UMS) are approaching end of life. We are moving onto Python v3 scrapers which are available in v19 and later.

You will find that your scraper choices will eventually be zero. Best that you upgrade to v19.4. at your earliest opportunity. Or wait for v20 sometime in Jan or Feb.

Is there any reason you are not upgrading? Hardware too old?

Understandable. I've manually made the changes from that pull request and that has me up and running again (for now!)

Yes, this particular installation is on an embedded system and can't be updated any further, nor be easily replaced - all my other devices/installations are up to date.

Thanks for the link to the git repo, much appreciated.
(2022-12-20, 04:39)korinne Wrote: [ -> ]I've manually made the changes from that pull request and that has me up and running again (for now!)
Nice!!!

(2022-12-20, 04:39)korinne Wrote: [ -> ]all my other devices/installations are up to date.
Well, you could do what many of us do. Scrape using your up to date installs. Export to nfo files and use those to scan into your older system.

(2022-12-20, 04:39)korinne Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the link to the git repo, much appreciated.
Great. Monitor that and you will see any changes to scrapers so you can backport to your own install

A heads up- Be aware of recent changes to tv show scrapers... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=370489