Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please add support for latin american spanish (es-mx) on The Movie Database, just like Brazil and Portugal have separate region langs spanish does too but it's not present on the addon.
thanks.
Hi Guys/Gals

i'm brand new to the Kodi community and atm just use Kodi to manage my substantial movie collection. I have been using the Universal scraper to sort out my collection which for the most part has been fantastic.

My problem is with my very old movies circa 1910 to 1950 I have been very careful to copy the movie title and year directly from IMDB and paste it as the name on the movie file.(This took about a solid week) as i thought it would be worth the effort.

About 90 odd percent of my films look great with there artwork and description but some of my older films have totally different movie names and years. I have tried manually refreshing them etc, all the normal stuff i would assume folks would recommend before coming here.

The movie files are not in there own folders and are single files so no NFO text files accompanying them.

Any help would be gratefully received. As i said, i am a novice so please be gentle with me, i don't understand all the Kodi tech speak.

Thanks in advance
Can you give some examples? Are you using english names?
Hi yes sure
A Dog's Life (1918) becomes A Dogs Life (2013) ,
The Woman (1915)changes to A Woman (2010)
Work (1915) becomes Baara (1978)
Below Zero (1930) changes to Below Zero (2011)

There are More but thats a few examples. Yes using English names as above.

Thanks in advance for any help
Short movies are excluded from the search results by default.

There's a scraper setting, "Include All Movie Categories", enable that to see them.
Also have a read of this... http://kodi.wiki/view/Nfo#Parsing_nfo

It might assist with scraping some of the more obscure titles.
Thanks to you both. i will look for this option and will read the NFO link
Hi again just tried enable all movie categories and nothing changed, thanks for trying to help though
Hi Karellen Just tried that link and it's just way beyond me right now but thanks for trying to help. So far movies after 1950 are scraping fine so if i have 30 40 classic movies with wrong names, il take that having nearly 2000 movies named correctly. Thanks anyway. Maybe in the future there will be more options or i will become more competent :-)
Ok, no problems. Though I don't know what you are finding difficult about copying an address into a text file? Maybe the 7 steps I wrote make it sound more difficult than it actually is?
(2017-09-28, 22:56)justmekev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again just tried enable all movie categories and nothing changed, thanks for trying to help though

Did you change the setting on your movie source folder, or just in the addon settings? Because it should be the former.

(Select 'Change content' from the context menu while highlighting the source folder.)
Yes i highlighted the folder, selected change content then scrolled across to search and enabled all movie categories hit ok and no change.
Hi Karellen Im guessing i need to create a folder for the file and then follow the steps and re upload it ? Basickally my setup is an android media player with 4tb HD to upload movies i do the naming on my laptop, then connect to HD and upload to player so if this is what i need to do i will list all the movies i have issues with copy them back over to my pc, create the folders with the text files and reupload them onto the HD before uploading back onto my android player.

Does this sound right?
Im guessing i could just connect the laptop to the hard drive and create the folders directly withthe text files drop the movie in and re-scan
So you have all movies in a single folder? Is that correct? Or, more accurately, more than one movie in a single folder?

If yes, then name the nfo file in accordance with what is shown in Section 2... http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies No need to create new folders, if I am understanding your situation correctly.