Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-02-15, 19:30)s.newave Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-15, 17:40)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-15, 08:32)s.newave Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, was soooo excited when i came across the Addon especially after seeing the Horizon skin showing ratings from IMBD, Metacritic, TMDB, etc... (see below)

I have so long wanted to do this however i cant seem to get it working Sad

Ive tried:
  • Setting the Information provider for Movies source to UMS
  • Default settings to IMDB
  • Checked all other boxes on this page (ie also get MetaCritic, tmdb, RT
  • Installed Skin Helper Add On
However no matter what I’ve tried i always end up with just the IMDB rating. 

Any ideas on how to get his working?

install skinhelper and request your api key www.omdbapi.com 

Hi, I’ve done both those things. Added Skin Helper Service and my omdb key.

I read on reddit that I need to delete all my .nfo files and rescan although I tried that with a few movies and it didn’t seem to help.

Is there any other way to debug this, logs? 
I assume you have all your media in your local drive, not really sure what the issue is...
(2018-02-15, 20:54)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-15, 19:30)s.newave Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-15, 17:40)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ] install skinhelper and request your api key www.omdbapi.com 

Hi, I’ve done both those things. Added Skin Helper Service and my omdb key.

I read on reddit that I need to delete all my .nfo files and rescan although I tried that with a few movies and it didn’t seem to help.

Is there any other way to debug this, logs? 
I assume you have all your media in your local drive, not really sure what the issue is...

Hi @Edworld, i am running Kodi on a LibreELEC VM on UnRaid so my media is mapped to a share on UnRaid.

Just so I’m not missing anything obvious are there any additional steps needed to to enable this feature? I have also have a Plex and Emby docker positing to the same media folders so I’m not sure if that could cause problems?

Is there a log file that i can look at to see what’s happening? Or does anyone know the ratings are being stored? Are they stored in local .nfo files or a Kodi dB somewhere?
I have a problem to find movie via universal movie scrapper (themoviedb) if name is in format year / name (e.g. 1964 - Goldfinger 1080p DTS.mkv).

If i use imdb before i think use worked, but know i use themoviedb a I've got the problem.

It;s there any workaround (wihthout nfo file) how to change search pattern. ?

thanks
That is not the correct way to name your file. It should be Goldfinger (1964).1080p.DTS.mkv
To the devs of UMS:

Can you please modify the addon in such a manner so that the ratings be expressed in their original form of expressions? What I mean is Metacritic and RT ratings in % instead of decimals.
(2018-03-01, 07:36)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]To the devs of UMS:

Can you please modify the addon in such a manner so that the ratings be expressed in their original form of expressions? What I mean is Metacritic and RT ratings in % instead of decimals.
 I think you appreciate this has nothing to do and scraping?! I.e. the scraper addon is not empowered to define such things? Scraper is a scraper. It scrapes sites and pass it over to Kodi core in line with what it supports. Kodi core would need to support this, and then the scraper.
Absolutely sorry, had no idea about that.
I'm a rather new user to kodi and my question might be trivial, but bear with me for a moment. I run kodi Krypton and have selected the Universal Movie Scraper in my movie library definition (System > Media settings > Library > Videos > ... > Information provider: Universal Movie Scraper). All add-ons are in their latest versions. All information sources are set to IMDB apart from keywords/tags that are to be retrieved from themoviedb.org. In other words, I would be content to use the IMDB information, but would welcome automatic tag creation if possible.

Now, there is a file in my library, named "The Haunted House (1921).avi". In the same folder i've created a file named "The Haunted House (1921).nfo" and saved it in UTF-8 encoding. This nfo file contains the following text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
 <id>tt0012255</id>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0012255/

One would have thought that the Universal scraper would have no problem picking the correct movie, as I've already described its IMDB URL. This is not the case however, and kodi displays a list of other titles to select from, with either "haunted" or words to similar meaning in their title, but not the specific title.

Is this normal? Doesn't Universal Movie Scraper honor NFO file information? I know it does, because in other cases UMS disregards themoviedb.org keywords/tags and only uses those set in my .nfo files, which is not what I intended/expected UMS to do. So, what is special with this movie? When using the default scraper it was picked just fine, so IMDB data are mostly OK.
Hello egpetridis

Please read the wiki page detailing how to create a Parsing NFO File... https://kodi.wiki/view/Nfo_file#Parsing_nfo

What you have created is incorrect.
Thank you Karellen for your prompt reply. I fail to see though why you might consider the nfo information incorrect.From what I understand, the nfo file used falls under the 2.3 Combination nfo description: 
"It is possible to combine the above two types of nfo files into one nfo file. An example use would be to override data from the scraper site such as the title, runtime, movieset etc. It will scrape the metadata located between the <movie></movie> XML tags and the omitted data will be scraped at the provided URL".
It also follows the definition provided at 3.3 Manual Creation, and tags used are as per https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/movies .
Would you be kind enough to describe where exactly my definition fails kodi guidelines?
I assure you that the same nfo file works just fine when using the default Krypton scraper, as do hundreds of other similar nfo files that I've created for other media files.

Ok, I did not realise you were trying to create a Combination NFO. Your post reads like you are trying to create a Parsing NFO.

(2018-03-04, 12:54)egpetridis Wrote: [ -> ]One would have thought that the Universal scraper would have no problem picking the correct movie, as I've already described its IMDB URL.
I will have to look into it further. Although, I do question what you are hoping to achieve with your example nfo.
I am now missing Rating/Certification for movies. Any new ones show NR (instead of PG-13 or R). I went to configuration and changed certification source to themoviedb.org but nothing changed after rescanning the same movie. As far as I can tell, the "Certification Prefix" has not changed in IMDB. Everything else looks fine. Thanks
@zaldwaik

What version scraper?
Which movie?
Debug log (wiki)

The minimum information that you should have provided.
(2018-03-10, 23:06)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@zaldwaik

What version scraper?
Which movie?
Debug log (wiki)

The minimum information that you should have provided.
The latest version 4.1.5
All movies, it started some time in December and now any movie I add is missing certification (NR).
It happens on both Kodi devices, one is raspberry pi, the other is asus chromebox both running Libreelec. As for logs, I wonder when should I capture the log, start with adding a new movie that will need to be scanned?
Hi zaldwaik

Yep, the final piece is the Debug log (wiki)

1. remove one of your problem movies from your library. Best to run a Clean Library also.
  2. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  3. Restart Kodi
  4. Replicate the problem. For you, that means scraping in the movie you just removed.
  5. Upload the results to https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

Thanks.