Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have only noticed this behavior recently with the UMS. I have been using the same setup for many many years without issue. As far as I can see the only information I have been missing in my recent scans over the last 2-3 weeks is the movie title. Ratings etc seem to be retrieved as expected.

My settings, are however a bit more manual as I do the following
- I provided an ".nfo" file that matches my movies name, which only contains a https link to the imdb movie
- I manually download and create my movie posters (for conformity) so I always have a correctly names -post.jpg image in my movie folder.

All actor info etc seem to be there. I also do not download fanart so that has not been something I have noticed.

At the moment my workaround is just to edit the title, and enter the correct name.

If I have time later, I will remove some movies, and re-scan and attempt to provide a debug.log file.
(2023-02-06, 07:09)muggsy Wrote: [ -> ]If I have time later, I will remove some movies, and re-scan and attempt to provide a debug.log file.
I guess IMDB have made changes to their site again. So it just needs the scraper developer @olympia, or a community member, to look at a fix, if possible.
I was already looking at the title issue and so far I don't see the feasibility to get it fixed due to IMDb is using AJAX now to list the titles (not listing them by default - you need to click to get the full list).
Please configure UMS to use TMDB for titles.
(2023-02-06, 11:43)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]I was already looking at the title issue and so far I don't see the feasibility to get it fixed due to IMDb is using AJAX now to list the titles (not listing them by default - you need to click to get the full list).
Please configure UMS to use TMDB for titles.

I’ve configured UMS to use TMDB for titles and it still doesn’t grab them for some reason. Does it need something stupid like a restart to take effect?
(2023-02-06, 21:37)GTunney Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve configured UMS to use TMDB for titles and it still doesn’t grab them for some reason. Does it need something stupid like a restart to take effect?
Where are you changing the setting?
Make sure you change it on the Source. Read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Changing_Scrapers...r_Settings
I had changed it in the add on and then changed the source as well to use UMS.

Strange one even though I was refreshing from internet there was an nfo in there with a missing title which I think was the cause.

I deleted the nfo and it started pulling the title with UMS.
(2023-02-07, 10:59)GTunney Wrote: [ -> ]I had changed it in the add on and then changed the source as well to use UMS.

You need to configure UMS on the source once you assigned UMS as a scraper.

If you chance UMS settings in the addon manager it won't have any impact on the existing sources whereas UMS is assigned as a scraper.
Many thanks for your answer. Tested and verified OK.

BUT - what baffles me is that the correct title is written to the table "movie" column "c16", which is used in some listings. But the column c00 which normally holds the same info as c16 (?) is blank. How does the scraper get hold of the correct title and write it to c16, but (lately) not to c00?
(2023-03-06, 01:27)bowan Wrote: [ -> ]what baffles me is that the correct title is written to the table "movie" column "c16", which is used in some listings
c16 is the Original Title, and not always in English.... https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#movie
eg Hero (2002),
Ying xiong is the original title

I guess that IMDB did not change the location of the Original Title data.
(2023-03-06, 01:40)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I guess that IMDB did not change the location of the Original Title data.

Correct, thanks @Karellen
in video list i have 289 movies but with ALL scrapers they see about 197-207!eg Ad Astra (2019) and others Jurassic Park (1993)
any help?i have all my movies each in separate folder together with the subtitle -same name- file
@fuorigioco1981

Provide a Debug Log that captures an update library.
i get an "something went wrong " error when trying to save the lines of the log in paste kodi site!
https://mega.nz/file/mMgDxDbZ#yX-TfFukAK...qXucRSpJHY

this is the kodi.log 

with paste kodi site doesnt work!
(2023-03-18, 23:16)fuorigioco1981 Wrote: [ -> ]i get an "something went wrong " error when trying to save the lines of the log in paste kodi site!
Its probably too big. Split into 2 pastes. approx 15,000 lines per paste