Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
works beautiful on windows Smile
(2012-10-28, 19:06)A600 Wrote: [ -> ]New version.

Quote:0.1.7

[added] The Recording Service version 1.21 or higher is now required. Download the latest version from the DVBViewer members area and install it.
[added] Display a notification if the add-on can't connect to the Recording Service. Please, check that the RS is enabled and the IP, webinterface port, username and pass are correct.
[added] If the favourites.xml selector is empty, the favourites are loaded from the web interface.
[added] Don't fetch recording thumbnails at startup if there are more than 20 recordings.
[fixed] The add-on crashed if favourites.xml had entries with the old 32 bits ID.
[fixed] Channel names with ansi chars are converted to utf8 so they can be displayed properly (a reset of the PVR database may be required).
[fixed] Channel names with more than 25 chars.

First post updated with the downloads (Android and OS X builds added).

And be sure to update the Recording Service to the latest version. Otherwise, it won't work.

BIG THX

(2012-09-16, 13:49)A600 Wrote: [ -> ]Changelog

[added] The Recording Service version 1.21 or higher is now required. Download the latest version from the DVBViewer members area and install it.
[added] Display a notification if the add-on can't connect to the Recording Service. Please, check that the RS is enabled and the IP, webinterface port, username and pass are correct.
[added] If the favourites.xml selector is empty, the favourites are loaded from the web interface.
[added] Don't fetch recording thumbnails at startup if there are more than 20 recordings.
[fixed] The add-on crashed if favourites.xml had entries with the old 32 bits ID.
[fixed] Channel names with ansi chars are converted to utf8 so they can be displayed properly (a reset of the PVR database may be required).
[fixed] Channel names with more than 25 chars.

Amazing work!
(2012-10-28, 22:15)mylle Wrote: [ -> ]It all works up until i try to tune a channel. Then the screen goes black and nothing more happens Sad

If all goes well until you tune the channel it's most probably a problem with XBMC that can't play the stream. Post a full debug log to be sure.

cant get the android version to work properly, iam using the latest xbmc nightly but i still get the error "an error has occured, check logfile"

ERROR: Unable to load /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/libXBMC_dvbviewer.so, reason: (null)
01:41:33 T:32303424 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientNameBig GrinVBViewer Client, clientID:pvr.dvbviewer (same Thread=no)
01:41:33 T:32303424 WARNING: - failed to create add-on DVBViewer Client, status = 6
01:41:33 T:32303424 WARNING: - failed to load the dll for add-on DVBViewer Client, disabling it
(2012-10-29, 18:35)shms Wrote: [ -> ]cant get the android version to work properly, iam using the latest xbmc nightly but i still get the error "an error has occured, check logfile"

ERROR: Unable to load /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/libXBMC_dvbviewer.so, reason: (null)
01:41:33 T:32303424 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientNameBig GrinVBViewer Client, clientID:pvr.dvbviewer (same Thread=no)
01:41:33 T:32303424 WARNING: - failed to create add-on DVBViewer Client, status = 6
01:41:33 T:32303424 WARNING: - failed to load the dll for add-on DVBViewer Client, disabling it

I don't have an Android device so I can't test it.

¿Is the libXBMC_dvbviewer.so there? If yes, then I guess it didn't compile properly so you'll have to wait until the dvbviewer PVR is added to the main repo.
Hey Guys,

also want to give a BIG thank you to A600...
Really good job...

But also have two questions, that have been asked before but not answered:

1) Will there be an option to have ac3 audio via rec service in the addon?
Changing default audio of the channel does not work...

2) Timeshift is not implemented in RecService as it's handled by the client.
Any plans to have a local streambuffer for timeshoft in the addon itself?

cheers,
mad-max
The same error here,
Code:
error "an error has occured, check logfile"
also using the latest xbmc nightly and REC service 1.21.2.0 (Android 4.0.4)
(2012-10-30, 15:40)mad-max Wrote: [ -> ]1) Will there be an option to have ac3 audio via rec service in the addon?
Changing default audio of the channel does not work...

Do you mean you can't change the audio track? Sometimes I've seen that if I change the audio track, the change isn't saved for the next time I tune the channel. The recording service sends the url with the ts stream to XBMC and that's all it does so there's little I can do about that.

Quote:2) Timeshift is not implemented in RecService as it's handled by the client.
Any plans to have a local streambuffer for timeshoft in the addon itself?

The author of the vuplus add-on is adding timeshift support so I'll probably merge those changes when it's ready (no promises, though)

(2012-10-30, 17:17)djtoll Wrote: [ -> ]The same error here,
Code:
error "an error has occured, check logfile"
also using the latest xbmc nightly and REC service 1.21.2.0 (Android 4.0.4)

Please, try this pvr.demo I compiled to see if it's a problem with my dev environment.

Do you know where can I download working pvr addons for Android? I want to know which toolchain they use.
I am very impressed with the plugin. I think I speak on behalf of many.

I just noticed that the video quality is significantly worse on XBMC. Timeshift should also be integrated as possible.

Where donations can be paid, so that the process can be improved?

Many thanks.... GO ON!
(2012-10-30, 18:42)babesumitra Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed that the video quality is significantly worse on XBMC.

In my case it's the contrary: vsync works as it should as well as the vector adaptive deinterlacing and I don't care about post-processing filters.

Quote:Where donations can be paid, so that the process can be improved?

Nowhere. I code just for fun so I don't accept donations.
(2012-10-30, 19:27)A600 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='babesumitra' pid='1226319' dateline='1351615345']I just noticed that the video quality is significantly worse on XBMC.

I noticed the opposite, video quality is very good here Smile
I get ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr, reason: /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
23:30:00

when i try to activate it on the latest openelec frodo nightly, any thoughts?
(2012-10-31, 00:35)shms Wrote: [ -> ]I get ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr, reason: /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

What platform is that?
(2012-10-31, 17:22)A600 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-31, 00:35)shms Wrote: [ -> ]I get ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr, reason: /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

What platform is that?

OpenELEC-ION.x86_64-devel-20121029172242-r12322.tar.bz2

intel ion