Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Amazing add-on. I have a problem when I try to play any channel. I use DVB 5.2.9 and Recording Service 1.28 and Gotham beta 2.

The log file shows this error:

Quote:15:40:26 T:3236 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
15:40:26 T:3236 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
15:40:30 T:3248 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:40:30 T:3248 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/2.pvr
15:40:30 T:3248 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
15:40:30 T:1264 NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
15:40:30 T:1264 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
15:40:36 T:1264 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
15:40:36 T:5404 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
15:41:06 T:1264 WARNING: could not find codec parameters for pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/2.pvr
15:41:22 T:4352 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
15:41:40 T:1264 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1347 times.
15:41:40 T:1264 WARNING: could not find codec parameters for pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/2.pvr

In XBMC the channel loads in a infinite loop (never start) but in DVBViewer the channels plays fine....

EDIT: It's only happens with encrypted channel, with FTA is working fine...

EDIT2: Sorry, fixed creating the Plugins1 folder (inside Plugins) and putting Hudu inside Wink

Thanks and regards.
Any way to watch an ongoing active recording in XBMC via the Recordings option? It seems XBMC does not discover that the file is growing and only plays what was recorded when playback was started. I read some where that TVHeadend client supports this?
Beta2 didn't fix it for me. I'm still getting recording added/recording canceled again and again and the addon still not works well...
(2014-03-16, 22:34)Frank2 Wrote: [ -> ]Switchingtime ist about 20 seconds (!) with timeshift. FastForward and Rewind only works with 2x speed good.
This is known. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1363784

(2014-03-16, 22:34)Frank2 Wrote: [ -> ]Creating a timer with ending time after midnight, will create a recording timer for the next day (24 hours later). This problem is only in xbmc, creating a timer event directly in dvbviewer recording service works perfect.
This is only visual. But I will add this to my todo list for further investigation.

(2014-03-22, 12:44)boborg Wrote: [ -> ]Any way to watch an ongoing active recording in XBMC via the Recordings option? It seems XBMC does not discover that the file is growing and only plays what was recorded when playback was started. I read some where that TVHeadend client supports this?
Yes, known. However I doubt that this is (easily) fixable.

(2014-03-22, 23:28)phate89 Wrote: [ -> ]Beta2 didn't fix it for me. I'm still getting recording added/recording canceled again and again and the addon still not works well...
Just tried the current nightly on linux. Works for me. But you know the drill: Post debug logs or it didn't happen.
Hi, could you add the option to choose an action after a scheduled recording? (Post record action - shutdown/hibernate/suspend)

Thanks and sorry for my english.
(2014-03-23, 17:26)manül Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-16, 22:34)Frank2 Wrote: [ -> ]Creating a timer with ending time after midnight, will create a recording timer for the next day (24 hours later). This problem is only in xbmc, creating a timer event directly in dvbviewer recording service works perfect.
This is only visual. But I will add this to my todo list for further investigation.

Only visual? No, the wrong timer also appears in the dvbviewer recording service.
(2014-03-25, 11:23)parotris Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, could you add the option to choose an action after a scheduled recording? (Post record action - shutdown/hibernate/suspend)
Afaik there is no way a PVR can modify the recording dialog. So the only option would be to add a default action to the PVR configuration. And I fail to see the benefit of that as you can just modify the default action in the RS configuration. That said I'm not strictly against such a configuration option. Just need some sort of use case.

(2014-03-26, 22:02)Frank2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-23, 17:26)manül Wrote: [ -> ]

Only visual? No, the wrong timer also appears in the dvbviewer recording service.
Yeah, you're right. Mixed that with another bug.
Can you please try the new development snapshot (1.9.14) I've just released? Should be fixed.

If everything is ok I'll try to get this into Gotham before release.

Changelog so far:
Quote:1.6.14 (frodo) / 1.9.14 (gotham)

[updated] Require DVB Viewer Recording Service 1.26.0 or later
[updated] Removed external XML library. Use TinyXML instead
[added] Low performance mode for devices like the raspberry pi
[fixed] Timers starting near 12pm could have wrong date
(2014-03-28, 16:51)manül Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please try the new development snapshot (1.9.14) I've just released? Should be fixed.

Yes, it works. Thank you.
(2014-03-23, 17:26)manül Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried the current nightly on linux. Works for me. But you know the drill: Post debug logs or it didn't happen.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=162028
It happens not only in different computers in the network like in this case but also in the same computer the service is installed (using localhost or 127.0.0.1).
Hi,
Thx for the great plugin. Is there a chance to implement genre types to it? I'd like to add genre colors to xbmc epg but pvr.dvbviewer dosn't seem to send genre info to xbmc epg. Recordingservice shows some genreinfo in website epg.
Sorry for my bad english.
Thx Blacky
Yes, genre in epg and timeshift rewind and fastforward (only 2x or 4x works fine) and this add on is nearly perfect.
Hi guys,

I've just started a new development version. Apart from adding genres (as requested) I've fixed a small bug which caused slow timeshift startup time.

The fix reduces the channel switching time from ~20 seconds to about ~4-5 seconds on my computer. Please note that I haven't done any long time tests yet, just watched some channels a few minutes. Also channel switching in Gotham is faster than in Frodo. So please upgrade while you're at it.

Quote:1.6.15 (frodo) / 1.9.15 (gotham)

[updated] Speed up timeshift startup time.
[added] If available add genre to EPG
Thx, epg genre is working,
Fantastic job!
Thanks for your work manül !!
A heads-up regarding Gotham:
It looks like seeking in the timeshift buffer is somewhat broken in Gotham on Windows. It always jumps back to the start of the timeshift buffer no matter which direction you're seeking. Gotham on Linux is working fine. Also Frodo on both platforms works fine.