Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anybody know how to override add to menu ?

widgets add to home screen but are unusable
they get added as ActivateWindow(10000,plugin://plugin.video.crackle,return) is not clickable
if i go to settings and change to ActivateWindow(Videos,"plugin://plugin.video.crackle",return) it opens the addon
Hi All !
I have a question.. is there a way I can use 2 separate skin.shortcuts for 2 separate skins  on the same Kodi ?
let me clarify...
For my Main HTPC ( windows based used as Primary media Server as well .. all my local Media is here ) as I require a more level of further customisation I use ANS as my main skin . I also like Bingie Skin ( Titan Bingie ) & I use this as my main skin on my Nvidia Sheild ....
I want to use these 2 Skins but with different skin shortcuts 
Is this Possible  Like maybe modifying & cloning the skin shortcuts to be used as separate incident in both skins ?
(2020-03-30, 18:13)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All !
I have a question.. is there a way I can use 2 separate skin.shortcuts for 2 separate skins  on the same Kodi ?
let me clarify...
For my Main HTPC ( windows based used as Primary media Server as well .. all my local Media is here ) as I require a more level of further customisation I use ANS as my main skin . I also like Bingie Skin ( Titan Bingie ) & I use this as my main skin on my Nvidia Sheild ....
Is this Possible  Like maybe modifying & cloning the skin shortcuts to be used as separate incident in both skins ?
@shaktoo , as far as I know, script.skinshortcuts allows for shortcuts not to be shared between skins, but the skin needs to specify this in the "overrides.xml" file in the shortcuts folder.  There is a "<doNotShareMenu />" tag that can be placed in that file.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-03-30, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
let me clarify...
@shaktoo , as far as I know, script.skinshortcuts allows for shortcuts not to be shared between skins, but the skin needs to specify this in the "overrides.xml" file in the shortcuts folder.  There is a "<doNotShareMenu />" tag that can be placed in that file.

Regards,

Bart 
Dear Bart,
many thanks for the reply.
Ihave been trying to achieve this as I have these 2 skins with different needs but was having difficulty.So basically if I create thsi tag @doNotShareMenu /> @" and place it in Overrides.xml in the skin folder that should do it ? Right
(2020-03-30, 20:28)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-30, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
let me clarify...

Regards,

Bart  
Dear Bart,
many thanks for the reply.
Ihave been trying to achieve this as I have these 2 skins with different needs but was having difficulty.So basically if I create thsi tag @doNotShareMenu /> @" and place it in Overrides.xml in the skin folder that should do it ? Right 
@shaktoo , yes, it should.  In my main HTPC I have Amber (the skin I maintain) and other skins that use skinshortcuts, and when I switch between skins, I have different shortcuts for Amber than for others, and it works well.

Regards,

Bart
Just One question : where is this overrides.xml as I cannot find it in Titan Bingie Skin.
(2020-03-30, 23:50)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]Just One question : where is this overrides.xml as I cannot find it in Titan Bingie Skin.

@shaktoo , in the skin's folder, there should be a "shortcuts" sub-folder.  There you will find the "overrides.xml" file.

Regards,

Bart
C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts

settings.xml
<settings version="2">
    <setting id="donthidepvr" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="enable_logging" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="shared_menu">true</setting>
</settings>
(2020-03-31, 00:52)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts

settings.xml
<settings version="2">
    <setting id="donthidepvr" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="enable_logging" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="shared_menu">true</setting>
</settings>
Thanks @the_other_guy : will definiti=ely give this a try
I just installed a fresh compile of Kodi git and then script.skinshortcuts from the repo - version="1.1.0" provider-name="BigNoid, marcelveldt, SiLVO".

Anyone know how to fix this?
Quote:2020-04-23 08:33:46.355 T:554990   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'gui'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/dvb/kodi.config/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1951, in onClick
                                                       import gui
                                                   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'gui'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

@teriyaki this looks like a copy&paste error as the gui file tries to import itself. Can't test right know but I think the fix would be either:
change line 1951 of file .kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/gui.py from
Code:
import gui
to
Code:
from resources.lib import gui
or
comment out line 1951 by adding a # in front of the line and change the beginning of line 1952 from ui= gui.GUI( to ui=GUI( like so:
Code:
            import gui
            ui= gui.GUI( "script-skinshortcuts.xml", CWD, "default", group=launchGroup, defaultGroup=launchDefaultGroup, nolabels=self.nolabels, groupname=groupName )
to
Code:
#            import gui
            ui= GUI( "script-skinshortcuts.xml", CWD, "default", group=launchGroup, defaultGroup=launchDefaultGroup, nolabels=self.nolabels, groupname=groupName )
(2020-04-23, 18:17)AnonTester Wrote: [ -> ]@teriyaki this looks like a copy&paste error as the gui file tries to import itself. Can't test right know but I think the fix would be either:
change line 1951 of file .kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/gui.py from
Code:
import gui
to
Code:
from resources.lib import gui
or
comment out line 1951 by adding a # in front of the line and change the beginning of line 1952 from ui= gui.GUI( to ui=GUI( like so:
Code:
            import gui
            ui= gui.GUI( "script-skinshortcuts.xml", CWD, "default", group=launchGroup, defaultGroup=launchDefaultGroup, nolabels=self.nolabels, groupname=groupName )
to
Code:
#            import gui
            ui= GUI( "script-skinshortcuts.xml", CWD, "default", group=launchGroup, defaultGroup=launchDefaultGroup, nolabels=self.nolabels, groupname=groupName )

Thanks for the fast response @AnonTester !  I applied your latter suggestion and it works fine now. Do you know which git repo would be the correct place to file a bug report for this? I think @mikeSiLVO forked it to make it python3 compatible but I'm not sure if his repo is the one for the official Kodi repo now or what.
(2020-03-08, 10:26)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]@mikeSiLVO 

Is everything working? If yes, could you bump the xbmc.python version to 3.0.0 and create a PR for the Kodi Matrix repo and for a review?

Sounds great that we're at the stage to ask that question already!

One question I have regarding the need to use the Skin Helper script together with Skinshortcuts, @mikeSiLVO: Would it be possible to incorporate this button fuctionality into the Skinshortcuts script for the future?

Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=setskinshortcutsproperty,header=$LOCALIZE[528],property=widgetName)

It should be a native functionality IMHO - any adjusted home menu or submenu entry can be renamed with a button and dialog, but the widget label renaming can currently only be done with the Skin Helper script.
Could someone update the add-on's wiki page with the current source code repo URL and other information?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Skin_Shortcuts
OK, I've spent the last couple of hours going through the documenation, looking though the code, and looking at the XML files the script generates to try and figure out how I might add a custom widget to a skin (I"m using Arctic Zephyr 2, so I'm basically trying to mod the skin to add this widget as an option).  I specifically would like to have the PVR status widget Estuary has that tells me what the next recording is and what is currently recording.  I have the XML from Estuary to do it (probably needs some changes to adapt visually to AZ2), I just can't figure out how or where to add it so that it shows up in the widgets I can pick it as an option to show on the LiveTV section of the home screen.  It feels like it should go into the templates.xml file, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  Here's some of the code I'm trying to use as a widget (it does the currently recording part).

xml:

<control type="image">
            <top>80</top>
            <left>16</left>
            <width>670</width>
            <height>225</height>
            <texture border="21">dialogs/dialog-bg.png</texture>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <left>55</left>
            <top>122</top>
            <width>140</width>
            <height>140</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <texture background="true" fallback="DefaultVideo.png">$INFO[PVR.TVNowRecordingChannelIcon]</texture>
        </control>
        <control type="label">
            <left>225</left>
            <top>127</top>
            <height>25</height>
            <width>420</width>
            <label>$LOCALIZE[19158]</label>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <font>font36_title</font>
            <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
        </control>
        <control type="label">
            <left>225</left>
            <top>172</top>
            <height>105</height>
            <width>420</width>
            <label>$INFO[PVR.TVNowRecordingDateTime][CR]$INFO[PVR.TVNowRecordingTitle][CR]$INFO[PVR.TVNowRecordingChannel]</label>
            <font>font12</font>
            <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
        </control>

BTW, it looks like AZ2 uses skin shortcuts to generate everything, so I can't just manually shove this somewhere without it getting overwritten.

Thanks.