Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fighting it since a while and I'm not sure if it's even possible:
I want to add an additional <onclick> action, which adds the thumb path of the item as a window property.
This should only be done if the default action triggers an PlayMedia command.

Since the <onclick> action is always different because of IDs, the usual override doesn't work.

Reason:
I'm using a lot of favourites in the sub menu for radio streams for example. This is working great, but the Player.Art(thumb) will be empty in the most cases and I want to use the window property as an fallback.

Any ideas?
Have just installed a fresh install of Kodi 14.2 beta1 then installed Aeon Nox by Phil65. Phil requires script.skin shortcuts for his skin, which is fine (Have installed it via the Repository) But now when I GOTO the Confluence skin, I get a message "Unable to build menu" it seems to build the menu fine in Aeon Nox, just not Confluence. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Confluence doesn't use it.
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but when using a playlist as a widget is there anyway to get just the name of the playlist?

So far I've tried:
Container(homemenuID).ListItem.Property(widgetPlaylist) -- gives path and filename of playlist
Container(homemenuID).ListItem.Property(widget) -- gives string "Playlist"
Container(widgetID).ListItem.FolderName -- Give show name, e.g. will give "Modern Family" for an episode of Modern Family.
Container(widgetID).ListItem.Path --gives local folder path of file
Container(widgetID).FolderPath -- gives nothing
Container(widgetID).FolderName -- gives nothing
(2015-03-11, 05:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but when using a playlist as a widget is there anyway to get just the name of the playlist?

So far I've tried:
Container(homemenuID).ListItem.Property(widgetPlaylist) -- gives path and filename of playlist
Container(homemenuID).ListItem.Property(widget) -- gives string "Playlist"
Container(widgetID).ListItem.FolderName -- Give show name, e.g. will give "Modern Family" for an episode of Modern Family.
Container(widgetID).ListItem.Path --gives local folder path of file
Container(widgetID).FolderPath -- gives nothing
Container(widgetID).FolderName -- gives nothing

You just missing the property "widgetName" Smile

-->
<variable name="QuickNavWidgetHeaderTitle">
<value condition="StringCompare(Container(20).ListItem.Property(widget),Playlist)">$INFO[Container(20).ListItem.Property(widgetName)]</value>
</variable>
(2015-03-11, 08:22)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]You just missing the property "widgetName" Smile

Thanks! That was driving me nuts, I knew there was someway to do it -- that'll teach me for only looking in the AdvancedUsage text and not the main Readme.... Tongue
Np mate, or just taking a look into the script.skinshortcuts-includes.xml Smile
Hi, I'm using this wonderful script in my upcoming skin to allow users to set their widgets and build their own menu. However, I would like to prebuild the main menu and sub menus (and restore via reset settings). I feel a bit confuse with the explainations. Is is possible to build default submenus ? Thanks in advance.
Check out the Overrides.
(2015-03-15, 20:58)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Check out the Overrides.
My bad ! Got it but didn't realized that I had to reset in the submenu settings window and not only in main :/ Thanks anyway.
The timer functions seems to be missing from the library.py even though their visibility conditions are found in the datafunctions.py.

Can it be added?

Thanks.

EDIT: Managed to work out how to add it myself so here's the updated library.py.

http://pastebin.com/xHP35gxP
@Hitcher:
Timer functions? What do they do?
Start and stop the shutdown timer.
Hello I found a few issue in source code library.py

1624 if showNone is not False:
1625 availableShortcuts.insert( 0, self._create(["::NONE::", "None", "", {"icon":"DefaultAddonNone.png"}] ) )
1627 if custom is not False:
1628 availableShortcuts.append( self._create(["||CUSTOM||", "Custom shortcut", "", {}] ) )

replace by

1624 if showNone is not False:
1625 availableShortcuts.insert( 0, self._create(["::NONE::", __language__(32053), "", {"icon":"DefaultAddonNone.png"}] ) )
1627 if custom is not False:
1628 availableShortcuts.append( self._create(["||CUSTOM||", __language__(32024), "", {}] ) )
Not sure how to go about this. The dev of Black Glass Nova is adding a "Customize Main Menu" feature to the skin and I am not able to set background image for shortcuts. He says it works for him and this is a script.skinshortcuts addon issue. The New Customization Background Images thread describes what I am seeing. Not sure what OS the dev is using but I am using a Fire TV if that even matters.