Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-06-23, 09:54)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-23, 09:15)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for fast reply.
So, this is not possible to achive with any workaround?
Since if you press OK, then it starts to play that selected media... I am not fluent here, but cannot the info key be handled simmilar way?
In the Kodi video settings you can set the default play action to "choose" or "info"...

He essentially wants an <oninfo> command for widgets, but doesn't realise that skin shortcuts doesn't actually handle widgets - that it only sets a property which skins stringcompare to decide which widget to display via a variable.
(2015-06-24, 14:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-23, 09:54)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-23, 09:15)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for fast reply.
So, this is not possible to achive with any workaround?
Since if you press OK, then it starts to play that selected media... I am not fluent here, but cannot the info key be handled simmilar way?
In the Kodi video settings you can set the default play action to "choose" or "info"...

He essentially wants an <oninfo> command for widgets, but doesn't realise that skin shortcuts doesn't actually handle widgets - that it only sets a property which skins stringcompare to decide which widget to display via a variable.

Thanks jurialmunkey for explanation, I can see more clearly now. Smile
Pitty, but cant have it all, I guess. Wink
Can anyone help me out by adding the 'list' value (the absolute path without the 'Activate.Window()' part used to fill a container with listitems) to the 'Just Select Shortcut' part of skin shortcuts please?

eg

Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=shortcuts&amp;custom=[True/False]&amp;showNone=[True/False]&amp;skinLabel=[skinLabel]&amp;skinAction=[skinAction]&amp;skinList=[skinList]&amp;skinType=[skinType]&amp;skinThumbnail=[skinThumbnail])

[skinList] - the skin string the script will write the absolute path of the selected shortcut to. [OPTIONAL]

Thanks.
@Hitcher, thanks for reminding me. Sorry, have been busy last days and temperature here in the Netherlands is way to high to sit behind the PC ;-) I (or one of the other devs) will take a look at your request asap.
No worries, I guessed you were busy. Hot here too. Cool
hey guys

im having a script error idk what is causing that error

here the log http://pastebin.com/8bAVRHF2
hey all, some small things:
Code:
<control type="image">
                        <posx>2</posx>
                        <posy>10</posy>
                        <height>32</height>
                        <width>32</width>
                        <texture fallback="special://skin/icons/videos.png" colordiffuse="gray">special://skin/icons/$INFO[ListItem.Property(defaultID)].png</texture>
                    </control>

this is Icon I am trying to put near every Menu item, using control list 9000,for example, for menu item "movies" - it takes movies.png icon from skin/icons folder...
so I want the users have a control over the new menus they creates, I put in the dialog of shortcuts label with the "defualtID" and I will tell the user to add a white icon in the icons folder if he wishes to modify the menu icon.
two things I noticed:
1. some items does not have DefualtID at all, like I tried to created common shortcut to some video-addon, It has only LabelID (some random letters) and no DefualtID
2. when the DefaultID is a number, like "10001" or "1036" - the texture call the "fallback" section and not showing "1036.png" icon even if exsist.

any help with that ?
doesnt matter, I used "$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]" and control "306" to select thumb and solved the problem
default browse path doesnt work for me either background and thumbnails:
Code:
<backgroundBrowse defualt="special://skin/backgrounds/">True</backgroundBrowse>
    <thumbnailBrowseDefault>special://skin/media/icons"</thumbnailBrowseDefault>
tried buttons 306,311,310
none of them worked, it still leads to the main-level drive c:\, drive d:\ etc...
defualt -> has to be "default"

<thumbnailBrowseDefault>special://profile/addon_data/skin.bellofredo.extrapack/icons/</thumbnailBrowseDefault>
<backgroundBrowse default="special://profile/addon_data/skin.bellofredo.extrapack/backgrounds/">True</backgroundBrowse>

Works great.

Btw:
Please store your provided non-texture packed media in special://skin/extras/
First sorry for the type "defualt" - typing fast..but now I fixed it in the code

Second I moved "icons" from "media" to new "extras" folder
changed every "icons/bla.png" to "special://skin/extras/icons/bla.png" (can't understand why, I guess it the way all skinners works and it make things easier to find ?)

and last I paste this in the overview.xml:
Code:
<thumbnailBrowseDefault>special://skin/extras/icons/</thumbnailBrowseDefault>
<backgroundBrowse default="special://skin/backgrounds/">True</backgroundBrowse>

background button (310) seems to lead to the right place, but 306\311 leads to the background path for some reason.... [special://skin/backgrounds/]
and not to special://skin/extras/icons/

edit:
it seems like the path I assing in: <backgroundBrowse default> is the one that effects to buttons "311\306"
(2015-07-03, 16:28)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone help me out by adding the 'list' value (the absolute path without the 'Activate.Window()' part used to fill a container with listitems) to the 'Just Select Shortcut' part of skin shortcuts please?

eg

Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=shortcuts&amp;custom=[True/False]&amp;showNone=[True/False]&amp;skinLabel=[skinLabel]&amp;skinAction=[skinAction]&amp;skinList=[skinList]&amp;skinType=[skinType]&amp;skinThumbnail=[skinThumbnail])

[skinList] - the skin string the script will write the absolute path of the selected shortcut to. [OPTIONAL]

Thanks.

Just looked into this. Two options:

1. An additional skin parameter to pass along (such as skinList)
2. A Boolean parameter to return the selected shortcut as the stripped "list" version, such as returnList=True/False

While overthinking this. What is your use case for this ? Do you want to use this for assigning widget content, and you want to be able to select from a wide range of available library links ?
In that case the better approach for this might be that we change the way the widget selector works atm, so you'd be able to just browse (a selection of) all shortcuts.

See here https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/pull/26
(2015-07-15, 08:30)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-03, 16:28)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone help me out by adding the 'list' value (the absolute path without the 'Activate.Window()' part used to fill a container with listitems) to the 'Just Select Shortcut' part of skin shortcuts please?

eg

Code:

Thanks.

Just looked into this. Two options:

1. An additional skin parameter to pass along (such as skinList)
2. A Boolean parameter to return the selected shortcut as the stripped "list" version, such as returnList=True/False

While overthinking this. What is your use case for this ? Do you want to use this for assigning widget content, and you want to be able to select from a wide range of available library links ?
In that case the better approach for this might be that we change the way the widget selector works atm, so you'd be able to just browse (a selection of) all shortcuts.

See here https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/pull/26
For my fTV skin I can't use the includes method for filling the widgets as they mess up when changing between the different main menu items due to the fade/slide animations involved - you either see the next lists items in the current while it animates or the previous lists items in the current while it animates - so I'd like to use the 'Just select' method so I have all the widgets saved as skin strings for quicker loading. Adding [skinList] to 'Just select' would let me do this as it could be used to fill the content.

Thanks
yesterday I built my color picker dialog
which set Specific String that I define when I activate his window to a specific color I choose....
for example:
<onclick>Skin.SetString(color_picker,custom_color)</onclick>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1130)</onclick>
will launch colorpicker dialog, and when selecting a color, his value will save to "custom_color" string.

I Wonder If it possible to put it on skin shortcuts, lets says "change color of label"... id 404 is using for custom property, but I tried to play with it,
first I activate the color picker, then try to set the property, but it not working as I want...
also try create dummy button like "888" which launch the colorpicker, and give the skinshortcuts window some "id" like "953" and then use the color picker "ok" button to: "sendclick(953,404)" with the selected color...
not working well either.
<!-- Change label Color -->
<control type="button" id="404">
<include>skinbuttons</include>
<onclick>SetProperty(customProperty,TextColor)</onclick>
<onclick>Skin.SetString(color_picker,custom_color)</onclick>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1130)</onclick>
<onclick>SetProperty(customValue,$INFO[Skin.String(custom_color)])</onclick>
<label>Text Color:</label>
<label2>$INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Property(TextColor)]</label2>
</control>

this method works, but only after hit twice... see this video attach:
https://youtu.be/6TBN1j7KJQI

help ? Huh
RE Skin-Recommended Shortcuts

I can't add mine to the 'movie' or 'tvshow' groups but I can add them to 'video'. Here's the overrides.xml.

PHP Code:
<overrides>
    <
shortcut label="31167" type="movie" grouping="movie" icon="ftv_icon.png">ActivateWindow(Videos,special://skin/extras/video/RecentlyAddedMovies.xsp,return)</shortcut>

<shortcut label="31168" type="movie" grouping="movie" icon="ftv_icon.png">ActivateWindow(Videos,special://skin/extras/video/YourMovies.xsp,return)</shortcut>

<shortcut label="31169" type="movie" grouping="movie" icon="ftv_icon.png">ActivateWindow(Videos,special://skin/extras/video/InProgressMovies.xsp,return)</shortcut>

<shortcut label="31170" type="movie" grouping="movie" icon="ftv_icon.png">ActivateWindow(Videos,special://skin/extras/video/KidsMovies.xsp,return)</shortcut>

<shortcut label="31171" type="movie" grouping="movie" icon="ftv_icon.png">ActivateWindow(Videos,special://skin/extras/video/ActionAdventureMovies.xsp,return)</shortcut>

<shortcut label="31172" type="movie" grouping="movie" icon="ftv_icon.png">ActivateWindow(Videos,special://skin/extras/video/ComedyMovies.xsp,return)</shortcut>

<shortcut label="31173" type="movie" grouping="movie" icon="ftv_icon.png">ActivateWindow(Videos,special://skin/extras/video/SciFiMovies.xsp,return)</shortcut>

<shortcut label="31174" type="movie" grouping="movie" icon="ftv_icon.png">ActivateWindow(Videos,special://skin/extras/video/TopRatedMovies.xsp,return)</shortcut>
</overrides

Thanks.