Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where is it writing the localised string? I can see in the management dialog that the label2 is translated - and can put in a workaround for that fairly easily - is it causing issue anywhere else?
(2016-01-29, 01:39)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Where is it writing the localised string? I can see in the management dialog that the label2 is translated - and can put in a workaround for that fairly easily - is it causing issue anywhere else?

In the main menu includes for a menu item it writes;

Code:
<property name="widgetLimit">$LOCALIZE[10]</property>

I just need it to write to the property without the $LOCALIZE as the dynamic content limit will have the same property as label2.

No issues anywhere else as far as I can see.

EDIT: Just updated the dev branch BTW. Option is there for Widget 1 Panel Style. It will work if the property is written without the localize.
OK, just changed the relevant function on the templates branch to not add the $LOCALIZE[] to numeric property values. Let me know how that works for you.

Edit:- To be clear, this is for the final includes file. Need to think about how best to work around the issue in the management dialog, as putting in the same fix there will cause other use-cases to break.
(2016-01-29, 02:02)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]OK, just changed the relevant function on the templates branch to not add the $LOCALIZE[] to numeric property values. Let me know how that works for you.

Edit:- To be clear, this is for the final includes file. Need to think about how best to work around the issue in the management dialog, as putting in the same fix there will cause other use-cases to break.

Cheers Bob,

Working great. As you said the management dialog issue. I see what I can come up with for a workaround.
(2016-01-25, 19:31)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]It's likely to be the known problem with some add-ons including YouTube which seems to be caused by the way they pass variables through the uri. For whatever reason, when they do it in the way that YouTube does it, Kodi uses a cached version when opening a link directly to it. To know whether it is this issue or not, look at the path for the shortcut - if it doesn't have a ?[variable]=[value] part at the end, it most likely is.

You can try and fool Kodi into not using a cached version by changing the action - 'Change Action' > 'Custom Shortcut >' (the last one in the list) and add a property to the path. So, YouTube's Popular Right Now would change from:-

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/",return)

to something like:-

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/?variable=$INFO[System.TotalUptime]",return)

(The name of the variable, nor the value, actually matter - though I like $INFO[System.TotalUptime] as it will always be different each time the shortcut is accessed, guaranteeing Kodi sees it as a fresh path each time and therefore can't use a cached version. But just ?a=1 should be enough for Kodi to not always use the cached version...)

@BobCratchett: I tried this with a SMB share that seems to be cached too but it does not work. Kodi cannot open the share any more.

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"smb://192.168.1.2/recordings/?variable=$INFO[System.TotalUptime]",return)

Is there a trick for file shares as well?
Nope, no workaround for file shares that I'm aware of.
I have a serious problem with skinshortcuts...here the problem I'm using the chroma skin but when I try to customize another skin artic:zephyr everything I do on this skin overwrites everything on the chroma skin I haven't been able to figure out the problem...I know it has to be something with skinshortcuts because every time I switch skins it's starts rebuilding the profile.im on kodi 16.0 rc2, and i an not new to kodi any help to fix this will be appreciated " MY fault if I posted this in the wrong section" but I believe this is what's causing it
As you've posted the same question in two different parts of the forum, I've answered your non-skin-development related question in the non-skin-development related version Wink
Why can I not find this addon in "my addons" "all"

I was looking for this addon as I've installed it and wanted to see if there were any settings to configure, but it doesn't show in my addons directory.

Anyone else have this problem?
System/Settings > Add-Ons > System > Dependencies (or System/Settings > System > Add-ons > Manage Dependencies on Krypton).

Though if you're not on the git version, the only setting you'll find is to enable/disable the scripts own debug logging. As some options actually have been added on git, it may be worth looking into the script appearing under the regular add-ons in future.
I found out the problem when skin shortcuts write the data from my skin it overwrites the data from the other skin how can I fix this tried renaming one of them ...didn't work any help will be appreciated
(2016-01-31, 20:32)Short Wrote: [ -> ]I found out the problem when skin shortcuts write the data from my skin it overwrites the data from the other skin how can I fix this tried renaming one of them ...didn't work any help will be appreciated

The answer hasn't changed. Skin Shortcuts still shares menu's between compatible skins. The way to stop it is still to (1) use profiles or (2) use the git version of the script, and enable the relevant option. As you clearly didn't manage (2), use (1).
The git version worked perfectly... I just had to find it hidden in the posts?
(2016-02-01, 08:34)Short Wrote: [ -> ]The git version worked perfectly... I just had to find it hidden in the posts?

Or you could have just followed the link I gave you in this thread Rolleyes
(2016-02-01, 08:34)Short Wrote: [ -> ]The git version worked perfectly... I just had to find it hidden in the posts?

http://bfy.tw/41eS
Cool

But yes, he is right, you need to ask for some moderator to update the main post.