Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No time estimate whatsoever. 1.0.7 was primarily a bug fix release, and reached the repo a relatively short time after the previous release (2 weeks) because it contained 2 important fixes which we preferred to get out sooner than later. Previously to that they've been happening approximately once a month. Marcelveldt is kind enough to lead the repo pushes, though, so may be able to give you a better answer.
1.0.7 is on the Kodi repo now, approved yesterday.
Next release will take some weeks beta testing first because it contains some new features. The addon is used in so many setups that we can not permit having breakage at the Kodi repo.

Just like Bob said, somewhere next months a new stable version will be pushed.
Feel free however to host the beta version on your own beta repo to get some beta testers aboard.
Small requests:

- "311" dialog: Add "none" to disable the thumbnail value
- "310" dialog: Option to display only the multi image or only single image option
Both options sound pretty common-sense. I'll try to get them added for you this weekend.
(2016-02-27, 14:52)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Small requests:

- "310" dialog: Option to display only the multi image or only single image option

Can you please test https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...s/pull/157 and ensure it does what you require.

For the 311 'None' option, add a new override:-

Code:
<thumbnail label="231">::NONE::</thumbnail>

Label is optional, Skin Shortcuts will set it to 231 ("None") if not present. The item will appear as the first item in the list.

For the 310 browse option, the background browse override has been extended to accept the following:-

Code:
<backgroundBrowse>True</backgroundBrowse>
<backgroundBrowse>Single</backgroundBrowse>
<backgroundBrowse>Multi</backgroundBrowse>

Hope it's obvious what each one does Wink
(2016-02-28, 15:39)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-27, 14:52)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Small requests:

Can you please test https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...s/pull/157 and ensure it does what you require.

For the 311 'None' option, add a new override:-

Code:
<thumbnail label="231">::NONE::</thumbnail>

Label is optional, Skin Shortcuts will set it to 231 ("None") if not present. The item will appear as the first item in the list.

For the 310 browse option, the background browse override has been extended to accept the following:-

Code:
<backgroundBrowse>True</backgroundBrowse>
<backgroundBrowse>Single</backgroundBrowse>
<backgroundBrowse>Multi</backgroundBrowse>

Hope it's obvious what each one does Wink

310 works great.
For the 311 I already did something similar as an workaround in the meantime, so it also works Smile
Hey again BobCratchett,
I have a feature request: Categories.
this will allow users to create a custom window with their menus inside.
the difference from a regular menu is that a category will open in a new window like myvideonav.xml and won't perform a specific action (except of ActivateWindow(mycategory))
(this will also gives you the option to use different skin views for the content inside, ie: fanart\thumbs\showcase)
small screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/Q9iHh64.jpg

currently, I can think about two ways to achieve the same effect:
1. 3rd party addons, ie: Advanced Launcher\Super Favorites. - those let you to create a custom 'folder', and inside that folder you can put your own 'favorites', after you made it, you can select that folder from skinshortcuts.
2. create it 100% with skinning, I think that Jurial made it perfectly in eminence.2 [see 'custom hubs' files]

I'm suggesting it because lot of users are struggling with the Advanced launcher trick...
I thought about something like creating a single custom window for the categorize, with a list inside, and the content in that list will change by the script.

Thanks in advance.
I don't fully follow what you are proposing, but first thoughts is that what you seem to be describing is the job of library nodes or a customisable plugin (which Skin Shortcuts is not, and Super Favourites very much is.) I don't get what adding such functionality to Skin Shortcuts would offer that those two don't already Confused
it become a new trend, making those categorize, like "Kids", "sport", "VOD" etc.. sub-menus are old-fashion now, and users prefer custom windows with their "sub-menus" instead.

IIRC, library nodes don't let you access for add-ons, so you can't create fully customizable nodes as the users are often does.
Super favorites and advanced launcher are fine, but I'm still thinking that implement categorize in skinshortcuts will be much more easier for skinners and users to use.
and to be honest, i'm not going to add a new dependency for my skin to advanced launcher, I don't see it as "a must have" addon.

with that being said, I just suggested it as a new feature, and wanted to share that thought with you.
"no" is certainly a legitimate answer.
thanks anyway. Smile
(2016-02-29, 22:36)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]it become a new trend, making those categorize, like "Kids", "sport", "VOD" etc.. sub-menus are old-fashion now, and users prefer custom windows with their "sub-menus" instead.

IIRC, library nodes don't let you access for add-ons, so you can't create fully customizable nodes as the users are often does.
Super favorites and advanced launcher are fine, but I'm still thinking that implement categorize in skinshortcuts will be much more easier for skinners and users to use.
and to be honest, i'm not going to add a new dependency for my skin to advanced launcher, I don't see it as "a must have" addon.

with that being said, I just suggested it as a new feature, and wanted to share that thought with you.
thanks anyway. Smile

You can already implement this by skinning one custom window and use a skinshortcuts group as the source for the list.
(2016-02-29, 22:38)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 22:36)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]it become a new trend, making those categorize, like "Kids", "sport", "VOD" etc.. sub-menus are old-fashion now, and users prefer custom windows with their "sub-menus" instead.

thanks anyway. Smile

You can already implement this by skinning one custom window and use a skinshortcuts group as the source for the list.

thanks Marcel.
you say that with one custom window, I can create unlimited categories? if so, 2-3 guidelines will help.
I think it won't be possible with one file only, since in the end, you will need to ActivateWindow(specific_category) - so it's bring me back to jurial's solution of 10 custom windows with 10 custom skinshortcuts groups.

Sure they do Wink http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2232211

(2016-02-29, 22:36)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Super favorites and advanced launcher are fine, but I'm still thinking that implement categorize in skinshortcuts will be much more easier for skinners and users to use.

thanks anyway. Smile

Adding specific support is a 'No' from me - though it's an open source script, so if someone does want to take it on they are more than welcome.

However, Skin Shortcuts may get you a lot of the way already with a lot of creating skinning.

For example, add the following to your overrides

Code:
<groupoverride group="mainmenu">SetProperty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(submenuVisibility),Home)</groupoverride>

then, when your new window is launched set the content of the list to

Code:
<content>skinshortcuts-group-$INFO[Window(Home).Property(submenuVisibility)-1</content>

To have the first additional submenu shown.

Or get really creative and use custom properties of the main menu item (widget, for example) to customise your additional window. Build them with templates but pull out the submenuVisibility into a property

Code:
<property name="submenuVisibility" tag="property" attribute="name|submenuVisibility" />

use it in the visibility condition for your controls

Code:
<visible>StringCompare(Window(Home).Property(submenuVisibility),$SKINSHORTCUTS[submenuVisibility])</visible>

and include your template in your custom window, and the possibilities become much larger! (And double-check all my code - I've not actually checked any of this!)

Edit:- Though one I do know, because I added it to my own Conq mod the other day, is that it's even possible to do something like this:-

Code:
<property name="path">$INCLUDE[skinshortcuts-group-$SKINSHORTCUTS[submenuVisibility]]</property>

and within your controls

Code:
<content>$SKINSHORTCUTS[path]</content>
damn, you are amazing.
but god.. I'm starting to regret for asking it.. it looks so complicated.
next time just say "no" Big Grin

I will try one of those (3?) methods in the weekend.. if you have a recommendation for one of them, easiest to implement, but still with features for customize, please share.

EDIT:
and about the library nodes.
thanks, didn't know about the possibility of adding addons path. if it was possible to use something like the "Just Select" option - I guess I was telling the users to build their categories with nodes.
but it's still too complicated, so i'll consider to build it with skinshortcuts + skinning workaround.
@tomer953 - I realised, thanks to you, that this could work around the navigation issues inherent in the 'crossbar' home screen I'm adding to my own Conq mod. So I went ahead and added it - might give you some inspiration in how it can all start to fit together.

(Note, if you actually want to try the skin to see it in action you'll need a Krypton nightly and the latest git version of Skin Shortcuts - needed for the home screen, not the 'hub'.)
Hi,

I have an error in my log file when I select a widget in my personnalised home menu :

Code:
03:15:54 T:123145305600000   ERROR: /Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/gui.py:1475: UnicodeWarning: Unicode unequal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
                                              if widgetTempName != keyboard.getText():