Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The change from favourites being a dialog to a window?
@Hitcher its blank when trying to add from your favorites (when adding from the context menu) in the submenu everything else is there playlists, addons, common commands etc. Its as if its not seeing anything in the favorites.xml. and I've also noticed that script.skinshortcuts 2.1.0 playlists are blank as well had to roll back to the default 2.0.3. Im running Kodi 21 and going back to Nexus or matrix the bug doesn't exist (everything shows up nothing is blank). Is there a fix for this brother
@Hitcher i have favorites but in the submenu (script.skinshortcuts) its blank

Is there an updated version out because favorites is still blank
You'll have to ask the skin creator to update their skin.
(2023-12-02, 10:50)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to ask the skin creator to update their skin.

I can confirm the problem that gemini88 has and it's not a skin issue, since I tested other skins and the same happens, so there must be a script.skinshortcuts conflict with the way that Omega now handles favourites, I guess.
@manfeed yes you are 💯 correct it has to be whatever code differences were placed because sure enough testing on Matrix and Nexus versions of Kodi there is no such problem so its definitely a script.skinshortcuts issue
It will need updating for the favourites change.

EDIT: It seems to be a simple fix of just changing favourites to favouritesbrowser in the library.py file.
@Hitcher yh that didn't work for me i changed favourites to favouritesbrowser using replace all in notepad++ in library.py without success or maybe i did something wrong 🤷🏾‍♂️
You'll have to first delete your current favourites entry in skin shortcuts and then re-add it. Worked for me and afterwards my script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml had ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser) entries.
(2023-12-03, 21:35)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-12-02, 10:50)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to ask the skin creator to update their skin.

I can confirm the problem that gemini88 has and it's not a skin issue, since I tested other skins and the same happens, so there must be a script.skinshortcuts conflict with the way that Omega now handles favourites, I guess.

Is the issue simply that the shortcut doesn't open the new favourites browser window since favourites dialog was depreciated and removed?

Because that's a simple fix. In yourskin/shortcuts/overrides.xml simply override the old action with the new one:

xml:

<override action="ActivateWindow(favourites)">
<action>ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser)</action>
</override>
@Hitcher your talking about the Favourites entry in script.skinshortcuts (userdata) folder to remove that right
(2023-12-07, 02:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Is the issue simply that the shortcut doesn't open the new favourites browser window since favourites dialog was depreciated and removed?

No, the issue is that when editing the menu and choosing the type Favourites not even one of your favourites appears, it’s as if you had none. In Nexus they did show and you could select among them the one you want to appear in the menu.
(2023-12-07, 10:24)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-12-07, 02:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Is the issue simply that the shortcut doesn't open the new favourites browser window since favourites dialog was depreciated and removed?

No, the issue is that when editing the menu and choosing the type Favourites not even one of your favourites appears, it’s as if you had none. In Nexus they did show and you could select among them the one you want to appear in the menu.

They work for me in Omega via SkinShortcuts.

There shouldn't be any need to modify its code as all it does is read the favourites.xml file from your userdata/profile and this file hasn't changed as far as I'm aware.
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...1104-L1135

I think likely xbmcvfs.exists() is incorrectly reporting that the file doesn't exist and so skinshortcuts is skipping attempting to read it. It can happen when Kodi hasn't finished flushing disk cache after a write. Try adding a new favourite via context menu somewhere to force Kodi to write out the file, then check your favourites.xml file has updated in your userdata before opening skinshortcuts and hopefully it should show.

You can test this theory by changing this line:
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...y.py#L1109

from
Code:

if xbmcvfs.exists( fav_file ):

to
Code:

if True:

to force it to always attempt to read.
Thanks, but none of the suggested methods works for me. In the Kodi log this is the error message that I get, in case it helps:

code:

2023-12-07 17:03:37.370 T:6140    error <general>:   File "C:\Omega_new\portable_data\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\skinshorcuts\library.py", line 166, in load_library
                                                       library_method()

2023-12-07 17:03:37.370 T:6140    error <general>: 
2023-12-07 17:03:37.370 T:6140    error <general>:   File "C:\Omega_new\portable_data\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\skinshorcuts\library.py", line 1384, in favourites
                                                       doc = parse(fav_file)

2023-12-07 17:03:37.370 T:6140    error <general>:   File "C:\Omega_new\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1959, in parse
                                                       return expatbuilder.parse(file)

2023-12-07 17:03:37.370 T:6140    error <general>:   File "C:\Omega_new\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 911, in parse
                                                       result = builder.parseFile(fp)

2023-12-07 17:03:37.370 T:6140    error <general>:   File "C:\Omega_new\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
                                                       parser.Parse(buffer, 0)

2023-12-07 17:03:37.370 T:6140    error <general>: xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 4, column 0