Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You're also welcome to pick my brains if you can't get your head around templates Wink Happy new year to you Smile
Is it possible to have an <onclick> in the list.

What i want to do is, when selecting an item i whant an "popupmenu" for the settings.

Is that possible?
Jarvis or later, you could use an onclick override. Otherwise look at the docs for overriding an action.
(2016-01-05, 15:37)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Jarvis or later, you could use an onclick override. Otherwise look at the docs for overriding an action.
Now i see i that i forgot to mention,

But i mean the list in
script-skinshortcuts.xml

Thanks anyway.
hi,

installing latest version from git today and get these error after starting kodi

http://xbmclogs.com/pl781nhrt

anything i could do ?
(2016-01-08, 11:25)Eisi2005 Wrote: [ -> ]hi,

installing latest version from git today and get these error after starting kodi

http://xbmclogs.com/pl781nhrt

anything i could do ?

Yes. See the reply I've already given you here, and please don't go manually installing add-ons if you don't know how to check for and install their dependencies - it will only lead to difficulties.
(2016-01-08, 11:25)Eisi2005 Wrote: [ -> ]Installing latest version from git today and get these error after starting kodi

Unless you're a skinner or asked explictely to so do not install skinshortcuts from Git please. Just use the repo provided builds.
A feature request. Is there any chance of adding this?

Code:
<property name="artcontent" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="FanArt | Landscape | ClearArt | ClearLogo">LandscapeArt</property>

At the moment my approach is to do this
Code:
<property name="artcontent" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="FanArt">LandscapeArt</property>
<property name="artcontent" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="Landscape">LandscapeArt</property>
<property name="artcontent" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="ClearArt">LandscapeArt</property>
<property name="artcontent" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="ClearLogo">LandscapeArt</property>

Would cut down on a lot of code in the templates.
I'm sure bob knows what I mean with his recent skinning efforts for madnox mixed widget. Smile
(2016-01-09, 02:07)Mr. V Wrote: [ -> ]A feature request. Is there any chance of adding this?

Code:
<property name="artcontent" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="FanArt | Landscape | ClearArt | ClearLogo">LandscapeArt</property>

At the moment my approach is to do this

Code:
<property name="artcontent" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="FanArt">LandscapeArt</property>

<property name="artcontent" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="Landscape">LandscapeArt</property>

<property name="artcontent" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="ClearArt">LandscapeArt</property>

<property name="artcontent" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="ClearLogo">LandscapeArt</property>

Would cut down on a lot of code in the templates.

I'm sure bob knows what I mean with his recent skinning efforts for madnox mixed widget. Smile

I have added support for this recently in skin helper. Allows you to predefine the settings and can be used as skinshortcuts property. Details should be in the readme
Makes sense to me to do it within skin shortcuts (and definitely makes sense to me as an idea Wink. Here's a really quick (and untested) addition to the script, though without support for the spaces either side of the pipe. Bear in mind it won't make it to the repo before we're done with MadNox Wink
(2016-01-09, 02:22)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Makes sense to me to do it within skin shortcuts (and definitely makes sense to me as an idea Wink. Here's a really quick (and untested) addition to the script, though without support for the spaces either side of the pipe. Bear in mind it won't make it to the repo before we're done with MadNox Wink

Tested and Working Great. Smile A big time saver and less code to deal with.

So I am guessing you have reservations about changes to the template to madnox if I use this method.
Would there be any issues with the user having to use a github version of skin shortcuts until the update makes it to the repo?

I am adding a lot more property's to the template being artwork coordinates and new widget cases. This would more than half the amount of propertys and make my upcoming improvements much quicker to finish. I am pretty much recoding every widget panel container.

I can always fork another branch on GitHub and work with that for the time being. In that case I would not do any updates on the existing widgets unless there are any major bugs.
Thanks for testing. I'll get it merged into master in the morning. As regards MadNox requiring the git version ... I would ask Mike_Doc and schimi2k how they feel about it, and the extra support requirements of getting the skin users to install the git version (and its dependancies!) as I don't believe MadNox has a repo, which would obviously make it a lot easier.

On the other hand, one of the things I always enjoy about doing some actual skinning is it how much certain aspects of this script annoy me, and there's a couple of other changes I could make fairly easily to the script that could benefit MadNox...

Having said all of that, there's already a bug fix for Isengard on Master. @marcelveldt, how do you feel about doing a fairly swift repo update to get that fix out there, coincidentally getting this template improvement out at the same time...?
Is it possible to change background for a submenu.

Actually ID for change background is 310 for mainmenu.

How to use this with mainmenu AND submenu (2 different backgrounds) ?
In most cases - including backgrounds - skin shortcuts doesn't have any sense of main menu/submenu. It just has a list of shortcuts and properties associated with them. So, keep gui 310 visible in the management dialog when editing a submenu and skin shortcuts will add the background property to the submenu item.
(2016-01-12, 01:10)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]In most cases - including backgrounds - skin shortcuts doesn't have any sense of main menu/submenu. It just has a list of shortcuts and properties associated with them. So, keep gui 310 visible in the management dialog when editing a submenu and skin shortcuts will add the background property to the submenu item.

Thanks.