Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-11-10, 14:47)KarmaMole Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurial

Does the latest build [NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]0.9.40[/B] - solve the view-choice saving issues from the last build? I've had to go back a build because of it, and wondering if I shoudl use 0.9.40...but the change log says nothing about that issue being resolved. Both myself and Stueeey have reported that issue.
I think I may have fixed it. Couldn't reproduce myself but I think I know what was causing it (hopefully). Can you test the latest version and let me know?
I will, even though I've been having another issue that I don't think is skin related. Whenever I try to install a new build, even though I change the filename, I often get an installation error. Even though it says "skin shortcuts updated" - but the skin itself won't install. Then it seems to reset my Kodi settings, and I have to go to another skin, remove skin shortcuts from 'orphaned dependencies", reboot, and re-install the skin, and then re-apply saved back-up settings. It's very strange.
Tried the latest build - and it seems to install better if I switch to another skin before updating, and then switch back. And yes, now the save-view thing seems to be working Smile

Thanks Smile
Is there a possibility to add the view (as it the pictur), also in the series?

any chance of including record labels and studio and network logos?
Hi I cant get the weather widget to appear, has it been taken out? cheers
Amazing skin - switching over from arctic zephyr :-)

Any chance to include a button "Add to Trakt.tv Watchlist" in the extended.info dialog for similar movies?

I hacked this into arctic zephyr, but with the new skin I am a bit overwhelmed (I don`t have much skinning experience though)
@jurialmunkey, Did you ever see my post here about how the home settings of Artic Zephyr and Eminence 2.0 screw each other up?
(2015-11-12, 15:41)Talguy Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey, Did you ever see my post here about how the home settings of Artic Zephyr and Eminence 2.0 screw each other up?
Thats how the skin shortcuts script works. One of the original purposes of skin shortcuts was to save your home screen setup across skins so that you don't have to resetup the home screen for every skin. If you want to use different setups then you need to create a separate kodi profile for each skin (settings are saved on a per profile basis)
@Talguy - there is a WIP branch of skin shortcuts here - https://github.com/Ignoble61/script.skin...o-property - which means (hopefully - its largely untested!) that thumbnails you choose won't be shared amongst skins if you want to give it a try. If there are other properties you feel shouldn't be shared across skins, feel free to make a feature request in the skin shortcuts thread in the skin development forum (please don't forget to say why they should change - that's an important part of getting interest in someone changing the code). No promises anything will change, but if you don't ask I can guarantee it won't Wink
(2015-11-12, 23:16)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Thats how the skin shortcuts script works. One of the original purposes of skin shortcuts was to save your home screen setup across skins so that you don't have to resetup the home screen for every skin. If you want to use different setups then you need to create a separate kodi profile for each skin (settings are saved on a per profile basis)

Dang. I'm not a fan of this feature as some skins are better suited a certain way then others. Like Eminence, I'll usually have more home bar main menu items as more can be viewed at once then artic zephyr's home menu bar. I also few that Eminence is better suited for the Hubs when artic zephyr is better suited for the submenus.

It's just a personal preference thing.
(2015-11-13, 16:55)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]@Talguy - there is a WIP branch of skin shortcuts here - https://github.com/Ignoble61/script.skin...o-property - which means (hopefully - its largely untested!) that thumbnails you choose won't be shared amongst skins if you want to give it a try. If there are other properties you feel shouldn't be shared across skins, feel free to make a feature request in the skin shortcuts thread in the skin development forum (please don't forget to say why they should change - that's an important part of getting interest in someone changing the code). No promises anything will change, but if you don't ask I can guarantee it won't Wink
Thanks for letting me know about this. I may chime in on that thread. Not sure if I'll try out the experimental branch as I don't want to screw anything up. If I do install it it'll be with a dedicated install of Kodi for testing purposes.
(2015-09-28, 01:56)psike Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think about View: Big wide with logos?
I made this thing but probably it's need a real designer to take a look at this.

Tell me my friend can you send me that view?
looks great
Can you direct me how to align Right (RTL) the text file under SettingsCategory.xml?

Code:
<! - Category Template ->
         <control type = "togglebutton" id = "10">
             <width> 100% </ width>
             <include> Defs_OptionButton </ include>
         </ control>

(2015-11-15, 19:54)avia Wrote: [ -> ]Can you direct me how to align Right (RTL) the text file under SettingsCategory.xml?

Code:
<! - Category Template ->
         <control type = "togglebutton" id = "10">
             <width> 100% </ width>
             <include> Defs_OptionButton </ include>
         </ control>

Change To:
Code:
<!-- Category Template -->
        <control type="togglebutton" id="10">
            <width>475</width>
            <align>right</align>