Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The media flags show up in library view, but not once you view the movie information, or am I doing something wrong?
Loved Eminence 1, v2 is even better! Looks much cleaner. It works great on my laptop but not my Pi2. Laptop runs Kodi 16 Jarvis a2, Pi runs production Openelec. I don't know if that is the cause? Skin looks to work fine but whenever there is a dialog it stays empty. For example, and I noticed that when I tried to go back to v1, I select Skin to switch and the dialog appears and it should give me a "drop down list" of what I want to switch to and that stays empty. This happens with every such dialog so it is essentially unusable...

Another feature request (tiny). I often setup boxes for others and they start it at their home and need the IP to use their smartphone as remote (auto detect doesn't always work...) and that is a nightmare (guess thru IP ranges). Wouldn't it be awesome if there is a tiny IP displayed on the main screen. They can disable it when it works or just leave it (tiny tiny tiny). Would help me so much. I tried to look for an app that does that (display it in a dialogue) but A) there isn't one and B) why install and start an app when it would be simple to add it?

Love Eminence Wink
Just give the box a fixed IP and you can always connect the remote on the same ip. That is what I do. I do not see the point of adding this to a skin just for some people that do not know how a network works. If they go to: Settings->System they can see their IP as-well.
Is this supposed to be Isengard only? It won't install on master (Jarvis) due to the backwards-compatibility change made 10 days ago.

Code:
11:33:02 17026.230469 T:1400894464   DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[skin.eminence.2]: requires xbmc.gui version 5.3.0 which is not available

I'm trying to install it from my private repository which is kept up to date with your git master.

There is a bug in the display rss. Video showing the bug.

When I use the keyboard (up arrow and down arrow), view rss sitting there. When I use the mouse - View the rss escapes.

In addition, the option is there to support Ariel font?

sorry for my English.
i notice a bug with the custom color for hometiles after update to latest git version.
if i try to set a tile color in "customize home menu" it wont set the color i selected for the tile it stays at the default color, in the previous version it worked fine.
also i have the latest versions from "script.skin.helper.service" and "script.skinshortcuts" installed but it wont set the color.

btw, when will the "background overlay" option be included?
Hey, how about adding quality film and sound on the home screen, exactly as it appears in the image (concept).

(2015-09-24, 18:45)-FuFu- Wrote: [ -> ]i notice a bug with the custom color for hometiles after update to latest git version.
if i try to set a tile color in "customize home menu" it wont set the color i selected for the tile it stays at the default color, in the previous version it worked fine.
also i have the latest versions from "script.skin.helper.service" and "script.skinshortcuts" installed but it wont set the color.

btw, when will the "background overlay" option be included?

same here, I noticed that I can no longer set the home tile icon (top left) adding custom text still works ok... it was working ok the other day... I have presumed it to be a script update change either with skin shortcuts or helper service... running the latest Git pushes of both
(2015-09-24, 13:35)Reflex Wrote: [ -> ]Just give the box a fixed IP and you can always connect the remote on the same ip. That is what I do. I do not see the point of adding this to a skin just for some people that do not know how a network works. If they go to: Settings->System they can see their IP as-well.

Yes, for mine, I could do that. I use fixed DHCP but that works fine anyway. It is when I configure at home and then hand it to a buddy. Or attach it to a tv at a friends house. It comes up and poof... what is the IP? Some have 192.168.2, others 196.2.1 and others may have other stuff on the IP I might take. It would be cleaner with assigned IP.

In any case, I am not saying it should always be there. Like you said, normal people don't even know what it means. Pointless info on the otherwise beautiful screen. I give you that. However, it could be one extra checkbox. Something like "Enable IP display for 3 starts". Done. It would give time to connect whatever remote they use (Yatse or whatever).

It was just a thought. Would make the IP searching easier. Which is not a daily thing for me. Just sayin', it would be nice...
(2015-09-24, 18:49)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]same here, I noticed that I can no longer set the home tile icon (top left) adding custom text still works ok... it was working ok the other day... I have presumed it to be a script update change either with skin shortcuts or helper service... running the latest Git pushes of both
Set the Icon for the HomeTile (top left) works fine here, i just tested it on my kodi test installation
(2015-09-24, 20:06)-FuFu- Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-24, 18:49)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]same here, I noticed that I can no longer set the home tile icon (top left) adding custom text still works ok... it was working ok the other day... I have presumed it to be a script update change either with skin shortcuts or helper service... running the latest Git pushes of both
Set the Icon for the HomeTile (top left) works fine here, i just tested it on my kodi test installation

double checked... changing home tile icon defo not working for me, running latest Jarvis nightly with latest pushes of both skinshortcuts & skinhelperservice
(2015-09-24, 22:10)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]double checked... changing home tile icon defo not working for me, running latest Jarvis nightly with latest pushes of both skinshortcuts & skinhelperservice
just updated skin helper service and still works her...
i have all latest git versions installed, skin, skin helper service and skinshortcuts.

now i can change the colors in customize home menu, but when go back a error massage pops up that say unable to save menu, so i think there is still something wrong with the skin helper service

edit::::
its the skinshortcuts script that makes problems (fixed it, see 3. edit)

2. edit:::::
it seams to be, that only icons work, that are in the "skin\extras\icons folder", just copy a test png there and it works after i selected it

3. edit::::
after deleting the file "skin.eminence.2.properties" from the folder "userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts" set colors works now fine Smile also the error that from the first edit is fixed now
(2015-09-24, 10:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@stueeey - Yeah, create a third profile.

Have a look here in the skinshortcuts thread and you will see that this got brought up a few months ago:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1994656

For some reason Profile 2 and Master are linked, so the solution is to create a third one which wont be linked.

@jurialmunkey - thanks for the link... I have now read the entire thread and created 3 separate profiles as suggested.

I can confirm this has not resolved the issues I am experiencing where skin colour settings and others various settings are being assigned/transposed across to all user profiles (master, user 2 & user 3).

reading the thread there was a few posts stating that it is a skinners thread only, so I have not raised the issue, should I? or can you push the issue on my behalf ?

I find it hard to believe there are so few others experiencing this issue, multiple profiles are a must for me [CRYING FACE] (I guess devs generally only ever require 1 master profile)

I experienced the same issues with mimic a while back and was told told by braz it was likely a Jarvis issue.

I have also noted a problem where I can no longer update a custom icon to the home tile tag (top left). I am able to change the text denoted, but this text is applied across all 3 user profiles.

anything I can do to assist nailing this just ask. thanks
Dammit, I honestly thought we'd nailed the profile issue with skin shortcuts in the new version Smile I'll look into it when I have time (not till next week now), but feel free to report it on the skin shortcuts thread or, if you want to make sure it doesn't get forgotten about open an issue on github. (Preferably with a full debug log)

Edit:- Actually I think I've spotted the issue - the additional properties aren't getting cleared between profiles when the menu is being built. So when the script goes to get the profiles properties it gets the ones from the previous profile. Can you please try the branch here and confirm the issue is fixed. If so, I'll PR the fix.

(and rather than another post quoting -FuFu- - no, there's a .properties file (as its called) saved for each profile. It's just not being loaded correctly because of some silly cacheing Smile)
(2015-09-24, 22:55)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey - thanks for the link... I have now read the entire thread and created 3 separate profiles as suggested.

I can confirm this has not resolved the issues I am experiencing where skin colour settings and others various settings are being assigned/transposed across to all user profiles (master, user 2 & user 3).

reading the thread there was a few posts stating that it is a skinners thread only, so I have not raised the issue, should I? or can you push the issue on my behalf ?

I find it hard to believe there are so few others experiencing this issue, multiple profiles are a must for me [CRYING FACE] (I guess devs generally only ever require 1 master profile)

I experienced the same issues with mimic a while back and was told told by braz it was likely a Jarvis issue.

I have also noted a problem where I can no longer update a custom icon to the home tile tag (top left). I am able to change the text denoted, but this text is applied across all 3 user profiles.

anything I can do to assist nailing this just ask. thanks
its cause the addon skinshortcuts/skin helper service only have 1 file for the settings that usesd by all profils, to fix this the addon must add a value for the profile or use seperate skins for each profiles
i just use 1 profile so its not a problem for me

and here change the home icon works fine, maybe it helps, if you delete the current icon in the guisettings.xlm? just search for " <setting type="string" name="skin.eminence.2.home.headericon">" and delete the line