Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-10-03, 11:23)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you have skin helper service installed.
And please consider to upgrade to Krypton. My Jarvis supported ended months ago.

Its all good, embarrassed to say that I hadn't set the view type for the genres widget correctly, it was still set to poster, once I changed to square info the text was displayed.

@sualfred

I think this can hopefully be the way to go for the banner images, I don't know exactly how that view is achieved whether it is addon or kodi dependent but its worth the look, I notice you and Hitcher commented before about the addon I saw this from online, so I don't want to even mention the addon name here but if necessary I can still post the link to the page, thanks Cool
Sry, wrong aspect ratio. No way to handle it correctly without looking ugly.
(2016-10-03, 16:39)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Sry, wrong aspect ratio. No way to handle it correctly without looking ugly.

Back to the research lab then cool thanks Cool
(2016-10-03, 20:38)alipendier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-03, 16:39)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Sry, wrong aspect ratio. No way to handle it correctly without looking ugly.

Back to the research lab then cool thanks Cool

@sualfred

http://kodi.wiki/view/Wide_banner_icons

Is this the same method as the one used in the picture I posted? If not then this should be the sure answer... Cool

* Forget it I just noticed "Banners must use 758 x 140 pixel size resolution" which is probably why you said it wont look good, back to the lab Cool
I think Sualfred is trying to say that banners just don't fit into the Fire TV design.
(2016-10-03, 21:47)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I think Sualfred is trying to say that banners just don't fit into the Fire TV design.

Cool thanks, guess that's it for the lab work Cool
Doesn't fit to the fTV layout, yes. But mainly the wrong AR. And another reason is that the banner gets zoomed on focus, which crops 1/4 of the right part. Bad for banners with logos on the right side.
(2016-10-03, 22:02)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't fit to the fTV layout, yes. But mainly the wrong AR. And another reason is that the banner gets zoomed on focus, which crops 1/4 of the right part. Bad for banners with logos on the right side.

So is there a realistic possibility if the Aspect Ratio is sorted out? if so then what is the image size target or what type of aspect ratio is required?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=144287

Here's an old topic where Hitcher actually helped someone relating to aspect ratio and TVDB.com images, so still in the lab if I can come up with something, I just would like to know what to look for. Thanks Cool
The banners have a fixed width/height. No way to use them for that case. Deal with it Wink
(2016-10-04, 16:16)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]The banners have a fixed width/height. No way to use them for that case. Deal with it Wink

Cool it was worth the try thanks Cool
Pretty sure I'm probably missing something obvious, I'm a fairly advanced Kodi user but how on earth do I get the TV guide to work in this skin, if i set it up under skin settings the tab disappears from the home screen?Huh
There is no setting for epg guide on the home skin.
Only a tv channel widget, which gets filled by Kodi if you assign it to a menu item.
(2016-10-05, 19:21)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]There is no setting for epg guide on the home skin.
Only a tv channel widget, which gets filled by Kodi if you assign it to a menu item.

yeah, Thats what I'm on about but when i assign it to the menu item the tab on the home screen disappears all together so I can't see it?
Jarvis or Krypton?
Please also upload the content fo the skinshortcuts-inlcudes.xml to pastebin.com, so I'm able to check the set visiblity conditions.