Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
zezayer Wrote:The X-box has never had any problems playing previously downloaded h264 streams (downloaded from iplayer on PC using this)

I don't see why streaming these should cause problems?

Also if XBMC is able to stream the H284 streams, it should be very easy to get mplayer to save the complete files (they are streamed as complete files and contain no DRM / difficulties associated with .flv's )

Where are people getting 20131 XBMC from, I'm still waiting for an updated t3ch build? - Looking forward to higher quality iplayer tho Big Grin

try this for nightly builds: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xbmc+nightly+builds
zezayer Wrote:The X-box has never had any problems playing previously downloaded h264 streams (downloaded from iplayer on PC using this)
Ooo, it must be a network buffering or streaming problemo then. Looks good for a future fix.
nicoli_k Wrote:try this for nightly builds: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xbmc+nightly+builds

Ta Tongue
Hi Folks

For those of you trying the very latest xbox builds hoping that they have H.264 enabled please be aware that the fix that enables smooth playback of H.264 hasn't been ported to the XBox code stream yet.

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=332...count=1020

I'm afraid you are going to have to wait a bit more. Hang in there :-)

Cheers
Dink
Hi everybody.

Ive been the most devoted fan of XBMC since I first used XBMP when it started but have only just registered on this site. Thank you for all of the work you have put in.

I have a question about the iPlayer plugin: Is it possible to view live feeds or can you only view the saved stuff?

Thanks again and keep up the hard work!!! Smile
Catchup only at the moment I'm afraid.
see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=bbc

explicitlyrics Wrote:Hi everybody.

Ive been the most devoted fan of XBMC since I first used XBMP when it started but have only just registered on this site. Thank you for all of the work you have put in.

I have a question about the iPlayer plugin: Is it possible to view live feeds or can you only view the saved stuff?

Thanks again and keep up the hard work!!! Smile
dink, could you pm rwparris2 (here) with your gmail, and then we can get this setup in the offical plugin repo too.
Could an Admin possibly change the Title of this Post and the 1st Post in order to reflect the current Status so it may prevent other Users to post over and over the same Questions?

THX

PT-1
All done. IPlayer is now available via the SVN Repo Installer
Cheers
Dink

motd2k Wrote:dink, could you pm rwparris2 (here) with your gmail, and then we can get this setup in the offical plugin repo too.
The plugin is working for me on radio, but not for television. When I click on "Have I Got News For You", for example, I get "Error: Python Script Failed. special://home/plugins/video/IPlayer/default.py".

Ive uploaded Q:\xbmc.log to http://pastebin.com/f75d86ff9, and put the last few lines below for convenience.

Code:
20:48:40 M: 31375360  NOTICE: xbmc_rev = int( xbmc_version.split( " " )[ 1 ].replace( "r", "" ) )
20:48:40 M: 31375360  NOTICE: IndexError
20:48:40 M: 31375360  NOTICE: :
20:48:40 M: 31375360  NOTICE: list index out of range
20:48:40 M: 31375360  NOTICE:
20:48:40 M: 31375360   ERROR: Scriptresult: Error
20:48:42 M: 31899648  NOTICE: .

The plugin is installed in q:\plugins\video\IPlayer

Any idea what could be wrong?
Hmm .. any chance you could upload the full xbmc.log?

asktoby Wrote:The plugin is working for me on radio, but not for television. When I click on "Have I Got News For You", for example, I get "Error: Python Script Failed. special://home/plugins/video/IPlayer/default.py".

Ive uploaded Q:\xbmc.log to http://pastebin.com/f75d86ff9, and put the last few lines below for convenience.

Code:
20:48:40 M: 31375360  NOTICE: xbmc_rev = int( xbmc_version.split( " " )[ 1 ].replace( "r", "" ) )
20:48:40 M: 31375360  NOTICE: IndexError
20:48:40 M: 31375360  NOTICE: :
20:48:40 M: 31375360  NOTICE: list index out of range
20:48:40 M: 31375360  NOTICE:
20:48:40 M: 31375360   ERROR: Scriptresult: Error
20:48:42 M: 31899648  NOTICE: .
The plugin is installed in q:\plugins\video\IPlayer

Any idea what could be wrong?
Actually I think I see what's going on and have made an update (available at all your regular IPlayer plugin outlets). The problem is retrieving the revision number from System.BuildVersion. For some reason (I'm still interested in finding this out) your build doesn't have this.

This minor release will fix this but since the script can't get the revision info it can't decide if your build/platform should use H.264 800 as a default. Instead it will set the default to the somewhat blocky Flash VP6 codec. If your build can support H.264 800 you will have to select it manually via the plugin settings.

Cheers
Dink

dink Wrote:Hmm .. any chance you could upload the full xbmc.log?
(im a newbie on here... so pls forgive if this has been stated before)
how come the h.264 stuff from apple trailers streams fast and plays fine without any dropped frames....doesn't this prove that the xbox CAN handle h264 HQ streams... (and to my eyes, these apple streams DO look very very good)

is this 'apple' h.264 codec somehow different to even the lowliest (800k) BBC stream?

(thanks DINK and others who have worked so hard on this -- maximum respect)
sunnytofino Wrote:(im a newbie on here... so pls forgive if this has been stated before)
how come the h.264 stuff from apple trailers streams fast and plays fine without any dropped frames....doesn't this prove that the xbox CAN handle h264 HQ streams... (and to my eyes, these apple streams DO look very very good)

is this 'apple' h.264 codec somehow different to even the lowliest (800k) BBC stream?

(thanks DINK and others who have worked so hard on this -- maximum respect)

The trick is that the BBC IPlayer streams use a different transport protocol to tranfer the H.264 data from server to client. The documentation for which hasn't yet been released.

A patch exists for the Linux and Windows XBMC code branch which fixes a significant syncing problem but it hasn't yet been ported to the XBox branch. Expect this to happen sometime soon and when it does for the H.264 800 streams to play on an Xbox and to look good. Also expect that when a build with this patch is released for it to get a big mention on this thread.

Cheers
Dink
thanks for explanation.

Also, I'm thinking about setting a 2nd (chipped xbox from ebay) up in the bedroom.
does anyone have experience of running these BBC/Iplayer script streams through a wireless bridge.
(im thinking to try my 2x Buffalo routers with DD-WRT, in bridged mode)

cheers