Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No offense, but that question has been asked many times before in this forum. I'm sure you can find the answer by reading on the subject here and in the other threads Smile
(2015-08-26, 00:44)Heat Wrote: [ -> ]Closest I could find is the Libretro Wiki. Has a page for every core showing its features,bios needed, files supported and compatibility/issues.

There is also Emu General Wiki that compares every same console emulator.

Thanks for the links! It looks like the libretro wiki has a database for button images across the different platforms. this is awesome! hopefully I can integrate this data into my input project

(2015-08-26, 14:44)Heat Wrote: [ -> ]Meteor still doesn't have audio, and now it doesn't detect the input. Goes for the default one.

mGBA has sound, but it also doesn't detect input.

Bettlee GBA displays the error "Error opening game name.gba".

VBA-M has some audio distortion (and delay?, not 100% sure of this one), and doesn't detect the right and left bumper button

VBA-Next didn't have any problems with the audio, but in the game Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town whenever I opened the menu instead of a white screen for a few seconds, its a green screen. Or in the beginning when putting the names on character,farm etc, it flashes green. VBA-M didn't have that issue. Screen. It also didn't register the L/R button presses.

Oh, also entering/exiting the calendar shows a purple screen.

gba debug: http://xbmclogs.com/pbqqke4c0

(2015-08-27, 23:16)natethomas Wrote: [ -> ]Just tested bSNES using smc files. Also doesn't work. Same issue as the sfc files.

I think we need a more organized way to report these kind of issues. Maybe using github issues for the add-ons hosted at https://github.com/kodi-game ?

I'll upload a new build in the next few days. There's a few fixes that have gone in over the last month, nothing major. I'll also include a repo for IARL so it can be installed within Kodi.
(2015-09-24, 04:43)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the links! It looks like the libretro wiki has a database for button images across the different platforms. this is awesome! hopefully I can integrate this data into my input project

You should take a look at libretro's github overlay page, has some buttons that are not on the wiki, keyboard images and some other stuff.

(2015-09-24, 04:43)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]I think we need a more organized way to report these kind of issues. Maybe using github issues for the add-ons hosted at https://github.com/kodi-game ?

I'll upload a new build in the next few days. There's a few fixes that have gone in over the last month, nothing major. I'll also include a repo for IARL so it can be installed within Kodi.

You mean like an issue page for the individual cores, or one in general?
New builds are up. Noteworthy is the inclusion of an OpenELEC 6 build with N64 support by a1rwulf.

(2015-09-24, 17:16)Heat Wrote: [ -> ]You mean like an issue page for the individual cores, or one in general?

I was thinking opening issues directly on the core's add-on page e.g. https://github.com/kodi-game/game.libretro.bnes/issues for bNES issues
Is Retro player available on Kodiubuntu HuhHuh
(2015-09-25, 05:39)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking opening issues directly on the core's add-on page e.g. https://github.com/kodi-game/game.libretro.bnes/issues for bNES issues

Sure, that seems like a good plan.

I tried the new build, now kodi dims like its inactive when I use the controller for a while. And got a crash and an error saying "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library- Runtime Error! This application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the aplication support team for more information.".

About the controller, when I finish the input on the default setting, and I press any button that is not the B button(to get out to the game settings window) it starts the input process all over again. So I have to set one controller, go back to the game settings menu, and enter it again to choose the controller I want to set. If I press left or right on the controller menu, that is set as the first input on the controller I recently finished setting up.
Hi, I just started using Kodi, and started with the Retroplayer builds Smile Awesome work here!
The new build works great, it doesn't crash on shutdown anymore for me.
I have 2 issues though (well 3, but one has been reported already):
1. My gamepad has a right analog stick, but RP doesn't seem to detect its movement, all the other buttons are detected. It's a Saitek P2500 Rumble.
2. I tried launching a NES game from IARL, the game starts, but the gamepad keeps controlling Kodi instead of the game (and if it would control the game, how do I exit from it with the controller?)
(2015-09-25, 17:33)Maboz Wrote: [ -> ]2. I tried launching a NES game from IARL, the game starts, but the gamepad keeps controlling Kodi instead of the game (and if it would control the game, how do I exit from it with the controller?)

Did you also set the controller for nes in the input menu? Happened to me a couple of times.Blush

As for exiting, well, I use the 360 pad, and I set it as: A=A, and B=X so I have the B button, which is the cancel button available. Pressing it exits the game, or you could use a mouse and hit the stop button in the kodi video overlay.
(2015-09-25, 19:32)Heat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-25, 17:33)Maboz Wrote: [ -> ]2. I tried launching a NES game from IARL, the game starts, but the gamepad keeps controlling Kodi instead of the game (and if it would control the game, how do I exit from it with the controller?)

Did you also set the controller for nes in the input menu? Happened to me a couple of times.Blush

As for exiting, well, I use the 360 pad, and I set it as: A=A, and B=X so I have the B button, which is the cancel button available. Pressing it exits the game, or you could use a mouse and hit the stop button in the kodi video overlay.

Guess how often I hit this B button by accident Big Grin
But yes I also do it this way by now.
(2015-09-25, 13:49)Heat Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the new build, now kodi dims like its inactive when I use the controller for a while. And got a crash and an error saying "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library- Runtime Error! This application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the aplication support team for more information.".

I'm guessing the controller isn't resetting the screen saver timeout like the mouse and keyboard do. I'll look into this. For the crash, can you post a debug log?

(2015-09-25, 13:49)Heat Wrote: [ -> ]About the controller, when I finish the input on the default setting, and I press any button that is not the B button(to get out to the game settings window) it starts the input process all over again. So I have to set one controller, go back to the game settings menu, and enter it again to choose the controller I want to set. If I press left or right on the controller menu, that is set as the first input on the controller I recently finished setting up.

I've had trouble tracking this issue down. The entire GUI code is problematic and needs to be revisited.

(2015-09-25, 17:33)Maboz Wrote: [ -> ]1. My gamepad has a right analog stick, but RP doesn't seem to detect its movement, all the other buttons are detected. It's a Saitek P2500 Rumble.

Does it work in vanilla Kodi? Can you post a debug log please?

The NES controller needs to be mapped individually. See Game Settings -> Input -> Configure Controllers. In the future, the system will be able to infer new devices from the configuration of existing ones, so this won't be an issue.

(2015-09-25, 19:32)Heat Wrote: [ -> ]As for exiting, well, I use the 360 pad, and I set it as: A=A, and B=X so I have the B button, which is the cancel button available. Pressing it exits the game, or you could use a mouse and hit the stop button in the kodi video overlay.

How can we exit games when the entire controller is absorbed by the game? Long-pressing, or a button combo maybe?
(2015-09-26, 01:40)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]How can we exit games when the entire controller is absorbed by the game? Long-pressing, or a button combo maybe?

I like the Retropie methods:

Hotkeys: Action
Select+Start: Exit
Select+Right Shoulder: Save
Select+Left Shoulder: Load
Select+Right: Input State Slot Increase
Select+Left: Input State Slot Decrease
Select+X: Menu
Select+B: Reset

Of course user configurable somehow would be best.
Is exiting through controller input necessary? I would assume that you always have a secondary way of controlling Kodi at hand. I use a virtual keyboard app on my phone or a remote, other would likely have a keyboard and mouse plugged in.
imho while maybe not mandatory it would be definitely nice.
Once input is handed over to kodi when the game is not in fullscreen it will be easy to map the xbox globe as home and then exit the game through overlay.
(2015-09-25, 20:14)a1rwulf Wrote: [ -> ]Guess how often I hit this B button by accident Big Grin

Oh God, don't remind me of all my accidentally lost progress. XD

Quote:For the crash, can you post a debug log?

Been trying to reproduce it, but haven't happened again.

As for the exit stuff, like I mentioned previously, I would go for the retroarch approach of having the xbox guide button show a menu list with load, save,shaders, cheat, exit the game, etc options, since most consoles didn't have that button, and its main use was to bring up a menu. It also has an option to choose for a button combination if you do not want it to use the guide button.

Right now the guide button on retroplayer brings you to kodi's main menu, so how about quick press for the core's menu, and long press for kodi's main menu?

That and having an option to choose which button does that for the people with a gamepad that doesn't have that button.
(2015-09-26, 01:40)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-25, 17:33)Maboz Wrote: [ -> ]1. My gamepad has a right analog stick, but RP doesn't seem to detect its movement, all the other buttons are detected. It's a Saitek P2500 Rumble.

Does it work in vanilla Kodi? Can you post a debug log please?

I didn't test vanilla yet (is there a portable version, so I don't have to overinstall the retroplayer build?), but here is the log http://pastebin.com/z5XTjq18 (I opened the input default controller settings, selected right stick and tried to press the stick multiple times, doesn't detect it).
Looks like it's properly detected has having 4 axes, but I can't assign to right stick.